PDA

View Full Version : Surveys....ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!

speechteachri
05-12-2007, 11:59 PM
So I can finally get into the surveys again, and once again I am asking myself why I even bother!!!!:computer:

I just went through an ENTIRE survey...the ENTIRE thing on AMBIEN-CR. Got all the way through it, and all the way to the end of the biographical questions to the page that asks you if the survey was a good use of your time, which is the LAST PAGE, and I click on the bubble and hit next, and the message comes up....It appears you do not qualify for this survey!!!!!!!

Is anyone else still having these issues...this is ridiculous. And this was a 20 minute survey, not a dinky little 5 minute one!

The sad thing is, we all know I will still try again tomorrow! How sad is that?

Anyother saps like me? What's wrong with us anyway? We need a support group!

Tricia, I think you need to create a separate section of the forums for REWARDS ANONYMOUS!!!!!

Lowie
05-13-2007, 07:47 AM
same here! i did the whole thing, including watching the stupid TV show clip, then to have it be an ambien cr commercial. that was just WRONG!

SunshineGirl
05-13-2007, 09:58 AM
I've heard a LOT of complaints about this Ambien one this weekend. I'm going to email my contact tomorrow and see if there is any way that we can get some credits for those because apparently the survey was broken.

sunshinemckenzie
05-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Yep same here...that bites :(

experiment_627
05-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Same here. I got through 2 to the last question, and it bombed out on me. UGH.

I have a love/hate relationship with the surveys. :computer:

KinziePooh
05-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Too bad I didn't see this thread before I started that survey. I just did it and the same thing happened to me :headache:

OhMari
05-22-2007, 12:32 PM
I just did one for natural foods, and spent about 10 minutes, it came to the last pages of asking again, age, ethnic, education, then another page came up and asked again about natural foods, and apparently I didn't choose flax seed oil and I got bumped off. I answered the first 10 minutes all their questions about health foods-it was like we got all our answers, but lets kick them out in the end so they don't get a reward.

Ellen aka Snow White
05-22-2007, 12:40 PM
I just did one for natural foods, and spent about 10 minutes, it came to the last pages of asking again, age, ethnic, education, then another page came up and asked again about natural foods, and apparently I didn't choose flax seed oil and I got bumped off. I answered the first 10 minutes all their questions about health foods-it was like we got all our answers, but lets kick them out in the end so they don't get a reward.

This is exactly the one I did!! I thought I WAS doing the survey and after about 10-15 minutes it comes back that I do not qualify??
Ellen

vtgirlie
05-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I had the EXACT same problem with a VEEERRRRYYYY long health food survey.That is REALLY frustrating!!!:computer:

TXMouseChaser
05-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I did a long health food one too and right at the end it kicked me out and I didn't qualify -- even though I did the whole survey and then just got to the point of answering the "classification" questions.

SunshineGirl
05-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I think that chaos we had on Sunday is going to help with this. They are testing a new qualification panel that will ask more questions on the very first page to determine whether you even have a chance of qualifying before you spend so much time on the survey. It supposedly increased the conversion numbers greatly. For your part, that means that a larger percentage of people who started a survey got credit for it. I'm sure that is because they already weeded out people who would not qualify before they even started.

Hopefully they are getting close to launching that. I think it will save us a lot of headaches and will save Greenfield a LOT of complaints!

Ellen aka Snow White
05-23-2007, 01:13 PM
How can it be!?!?!? There is actually a bar that is showing my completion status - they get all the information about my home business as well as what "equipment" we use in my home business AND personal use! The bar is like at 85% done and THEN I don't qualify?!?!?!?! That's just not right!!
Ellen

speechteachri
05-23-2007, 07:11 PM
ARGGGHHH!! I just got 15 minutes into a McDonalds/Dunkin Donuts iced coffee survey and was suddenly booted back to the "you don't qualify" page. This is just downright frustrating! I hope these bugs are worked out before the survery contest, or special or whatever is happening next month!

Lisaj68
05-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Yep! There are just not enough hours in the day for me to sit in front of a computer, complete most of a 20 minute survey, then get dumped because "I don't qualify" !! And to add insult to that, the Sat./Sun. surveys that we were supposed to get .80 credits for, were crediting me .60. Had to take a break from those surveys! :computer:

SunshineGirl
05-23-2007, 10:21 PM
And to add insult to that, the Sat./Sun. surveys that we were supposed to get .80 credits for, were crediting me .60. Had to take a break from those surveys! :computer:

Oh, no! I have never heard of that happening before. What were the dates on the ones that were wrong? I can go back and check because if yours were wrong, everyone's were wrong.

Lisaj68
05-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Oh, no! I have never heard of that happening before. What were the dates on the ones that were wrong? I can go back and check because if yours were wrong, everyone's were wrong.

Looking back, the 12th survey credited .60. I was thinking that it happened for the 13th survey, too, but that was the day I didn't get credited at all. First I did a Tylenol survey that bounced me out because I "didn't qualify" after completing a good 15 minutes of it and finishing with some general info at the end of the survey. I did do another survey that night, but don't remember what it was, and I don't write this stuff down. I sent in a note to "contact us" (I believe)(about the Tylenol survey), just an FYI....didn't even think of the boards at the time (duh!) It was late!!

speechteachri
05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Why oh why oh why do I keep trying????

I took a really good survey tonight on Fair trade company web site. It was a good survey. When I got to the page that said you have completed the survey a pop up came up saying that the web site was trying to close the web page. It asked me did I want to continue...I clicked yes thinking that it would close the survey page and take me back to SR....WRONG!!! It closed the entire thing, so now I probably won't get credit for that one either. I am not even making 50% here on the surveys. I am getting really frustrated!:computer:

sunmagic
05-25-2007, 11:22 AM
I wish there were a way to take back all the information you've already given them when they do this. They get you to tell them everything they want to know and then they say, sorry you don't qualify. By then they already know what they wanted to know.....:computer:

Lucinda
05-25-2007, 12:33 PM
It seems lately every time I try to do a survey I don't qualify. Not sure if they don't like Maryland or what.:rotfl:

Ellen aka Snow White
05-25-2007, 08:34 PM
ok this is a new one to me! The "final" two questions
1 - Thank you for COMPLETING our survey. Please elevalute the use of your time on this survey - scale from 1 - 10.
2 - Please tell us how long you took you to COMPLETE this survey - with several options!!
THEN I do NOT qualify!
Once again that is just wrong and WHY do I keep trying!!??!!??:confused: :headache: :computer:

SunshineGirl
05-25-2007, 10:31 PM
1 - Thank you for COMPLETING our survey. Please elevalute the use of your time on this survey - scale from 1 - 10.
2 - Please tell us how long you took you to COMPLETE this survey - with several options!!
THEN I do NOT qualify!
Once again that is just wrong and WHY do I keep trying!!??!!??:confused: :headache: :computer:

I wonder if this is a mistake on their end--that they mean to send you to the completion page but send you to the non-qualify page instead? Let me know on Tuesday if this credit came through or not.

PSL1013
05-26-2007, 08:40 AM
THEN I do NOT qualify!

This same thing happened to me yesterday and again this morning...both were the exact same survey asking about medical conditions I was diagnosed with and what medications I take...then you think your about done after 10-15 min. and you rate them on this scale of 1-10, I knew this second time that I would be booted, so I rated them a "1" at the end!! A little bit of satisfaction! :rotfl:

speechteachri
05-26-2007, 08:51 AM
THEN I do NOT qualify!

The same thing has happened to me on that question. I wonder if it was the same survey?

mom2dea
05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
http://sms.surveyrouter.com/Sunshinerewards/SunshinerewardsT.aspx?c=CD1989&gid=105874_2f2e99474b5664a2e95c043d1dbef5087&flag=0

This si the page I get after I get to the end of it . Is about medical conditions what meds I take then you rate them and give them a time fram it tok you to take the survey . Then it says not quilfied . Ths is by far the MOST unfair survey I have every taken ! I will not be taking another one today as my weekends with my family are so important . But I do pray like Sunshine gil said that this is a mistake and its suppose to take you to a page that says thank you and not disquilfy you after you finish the whole thing !

Sarah

Mandi
05-26-2007, 12:00 PM
THEN I do NOT qualify!

I got that one this morning too! :computer: I couldn't believe it said I didn't qualify after saying I was on the last question. I was not happy at all. Then when I went to do another survey there were no surveys available to me at that time.

Sounds like several of us got the same survey.

lenzs4
05-27-2007, 11:00 AM
I got that one twice this morning - AARRGH along with a fast food one that asked how long it took and said "that is all the questions we have for you today. Thank you for completeing the survey" and then - back to the you didn't qualify page...

3dog2kidmom
05-27-2007, 11:06 AM
That is one I got yesterday too. GRRRR!!!

Ellen aka Snow White
05-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Well this just made me feel unloved:

Unfortunately
There are no surveys at this point of time for which you qualify. We again thank you for your interest and time and hope to see you soon.

After several attempts to "qualify" for a survey - that is what I got!:computer: :computer:

Lucinda
05-27-2007, 12:37 PM
same thing for me today and yesterday. Don't qualify!:computer:

lenzs4
05-27-2007, 04:17 PM
still trying to qualify and get a confirmation. Now I just did "Office Discussions" survey and finished it and got a confimration from office discussions that I finished it - but no congratulations on the Sunshine rewards board! We will see tomorrow if it counted...

SunshineGirl
05-27-2007, 05:57 PM
The good thing is that our Greenfield contact is being great about helping us solve some of these problems. The bad thing is that they are out until Tuesday. That also means that we will not see Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday credits until Tuesday. I'll post them as soon as I can get my hands on them Tuesday and we can compare to this thread and see which ones ended up getting credit and which didn't.

mollyeilis
05-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I wonder if this is a mistake on their end--that they mean to send you to the completion page but send you to the non-qualify page instead? Let me know on Tuesday if this credit came through or not.

OH no, that happens quite often with that survey company. I mean, *maybe* it's an error, but it's something that has been going on as long as I've been doing surveys through SR (OK fine that's not that long, but still).

With that company, I've been disqualified at the end if I rank my "use of time" at the highest (especially if it was a ridiculous survey), or if I state it took me under 5 minutes or 5 to 10 minutes. If I rank use of time lower, and if I state I took far longer than 10 minutes, I qualify. Otherwise, I'm disqualified.

Arky
05-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Well this just made me feel unloved:

Unfortunately
There are no surveys at this point of time for which you qualify. We again thank you for your interest and time and hope to see you soon.

After several attempts to "qualify" for a survey - that is what I got!:computer: :computer:

That's what I got tonight too. :( I hadn't even gotten a survey to try.

Can I have my husband see if he qualifies for a survey?

jnorth1007
05-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Yes you can. The account is a household account so anyone in your family can do surveys. HTH!

January
05-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I am also having a rough time lately with the surveys. Today I was almost all the way through one and at the end it asked me how long it took to take and I picked under 5 minutes and then I was told I did not qualify.:confused: That was this morning. I have been trying all day to take a survey and it is saying that there are none that I qualify for.

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 10:26 AM
With that company, I've been disqualified at the end if I rank my "use of time" at the highest (especially if it was a ridiculous survey), or if I state it took me under 5 minutes or 5 to 10 minutes. If I rank use of time lower, and if I state I took far longer than 10 minutes, I qualify. Otherwise, I'm disqualified.

NO WAY!!! That makes me so angry. I'm definitely going to talk to Jill about this tomorrow and see if she knows that this has been happening. She said that they recently hired some quality control people to take surveys all day long. I have a feeling that it was because they were getting feedback like this. Essentially, the company would just be trying to get out of paying Greenfield by doing things like that. I'll definitely report back what I find out. And thanks, everyone, for the links! This will really help them to track down the offending surveys.

Ellen aka Snow White
05-29-2007, 10:16 AM

This credit did come through for Friday, but no credit for the one on Saturday. Thanks!
Ellen

mom2dea
05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
http://sms.surveyrouter.com/Sunshinerewards/SunshinerewardsT.aspx?c=CD1989&gid=105874_2f2e99474b5664a2e95c043d1dbef5087&flag=0

This si the page I get after I get to the end of it . Is about medical conditions what meds I take then you rate them and give them a time fram it tok you to take the survey . Then it says not quilfied . Ths is by far the MOST unfair survey I have every taken ! I will not be taking another one today as my weekends with my family are so important . But I do pray like Sunshine gil said that this is a mistake and its suppose to take you to a page that says thank you and not disquilfy you after you finish the whole thing !

Sarah

This did not credit for me :( Also the one from yesterday did not either . but my friday survey did credit .

Sarah M

lilangel
05-29-2007, 06:53 PM

I said it took longer than 10 mins & I didn't qualify :confused: Must be some error on their part because we did take the survey and it shouldn't matter how long it took us :computer:

mollyeilis
05-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Just tried to do another, says its reelresearch.

A URL from one of the pages is the following: http://home.reelresearch.com/ars/NewSurveySystem/Survey/SurveyDisplay2.asp

It's one of the "penguin" ones, which I understand because it's a way for them to make sure a computer isn't doing them. Just like a survey I did/completed yesterday had cutsie little "are you reading or just clicking things" like "select #2 for this question" in a long "how would you rank this" section. I totally get the penguin.

I'll just list the annoyances from these things, though.

After clicking through your site, with all my demographics, first questions I get are age and sex. Then this one was "do you have these symptoms" then "do you take these drugs" then "where do you have pain if you have pain in the following areas" (those last two might be reversed). Then the penguin, then more demographics, which they should already have, they should ALREADY have ruled me out or in based on those things.

Then "how would you rank the use of your time", which is HARD to say because if I KNEW I was going to finish the survey and get credit, it would be 11. :) Then how much time did it take, which I sort of understand because, again, it helps to make sure a computer didn't do it. But it's ALWAYS after that question, except maybe once or twice where I got it "right", that I'm booted out. Today I chose 1 to 5 minutes, because that's how long it took, and then was told I didn't qualify.

After answering all of their relevant, non-demographic, feelings-based, or penguin-based questions.

As much as I love the survey $$, I think computer surveys are silly, if they rule you out AFTER giving any real answers. The demographics should be IT (and even I think that's cheating a bit), you're in or you're out (teehee), and if you go further you should be IN.

Hope the details helped! next time I'm taking notes!

Well, except that on some of them they tell you to keep it confidential...then again, on those surveys that talk about future products (hence the need to keep it quiet) it's always talking about future products, and once I'm in it always finishes and I always get credit!

OhMari
05-31-2007, 01:48 AM
NO WAY!!! That makes me so angry. I'm definitely going to talk to Jill about this tomorrow and see if she knows that this has been happening. She said that they recently hired some quality control people to take surveys all day long. I have a feeling that it was because they were getting feedback like this. Essentially, the company would just be trying to get out of paying Greenfield by doing things like that. I'll definitely report back what I find out. And thanks, everyone, for the links! This will really help them to track down the offending surveys.

Thank you Tricia and Jill for looking into this.

Edit: I did a survey this morning, May 31, it dealt with leasing a vehicle. I've never seen this before, but it had a running line to show how far you were in the survey. I was at 98% and when I answered the next question if I was married, I got thrown off. I answered all their questions, and it mattered if I was married, plus the survey asked me in the beginning, about at about 30% it asked my status, and right at the end it asked it again.
Marisa

belbook
06-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I just had the same experience. Totally frustrating. By the way, this is my first post obviously, but I have been a SR member for almost a year and been very happy here :)

SunshineGirl
06-01-2007, 10:07 AM
I submitted a lot of these to Greenfield today and they were very appreciative. While I think some of them are designed this way, I am SURE that not all of them are.

OhMari
06-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Tricia,
I saw your incentive for the survey's, so I tried again, thinking I can do ten.

Today, they had a survey about television viewing-American Idol. I did almost 10 pages, 5 minutes worth at least and got thrown off again.
I think I am going to keep track. I go back to see if I qualify too.
June 1, 2007-Nope.

tinad171972
06-01-2007, 01:56 PM
I too tried the survey for today and got to the demographics questions and then it told me that I didn't qualify. I kept trying and it kept happening, I am giving up for today.

Belle
06-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I've been having the same problems. I started one today on coffee, and towards the end it said something like the survey was going down for maintenance. Now there are no surveys for which I qualify. :(

toystoryduo
06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I was just doing a survey for an automotive company watching ads and the survey cut out on me about halfway through. Since I have dial-up, it took forever for the videos to load. :(

belbook
06-02-2007, 09:14 PM
I just finished that one and I got through one yesterday on health conditions and medication (I think that's the one I finished). Ironically, I think it's the same one I did yesterday morning that said I didn't qualify, at least it seemed like the questions were just about the same. It was one of the ones that had the penguin and the time you spent on the survey.

Maybe the problem is fixed?

lenzs4
06-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I have noticed that after a survey that I question if it will credit, if I try to take one again it will say that I have exceeded the daily limit if it credited and if it did not credit - it will let me take another survey. I have been testing that theory and it seems to be correct every time. SO, if you are not sure wether you got credit, try to take another and you will find out for sure wether it will credit or not!

ChickiePants
06-02-2007, 11:13 PM
I was about three seconds away from giving up on doing a survey tonight. After three "did not qualify," I got to one about fast food that I actually thought I was going to get and a few pages into it (after clicking those annoying dots) it suddenly said I didn't qualify. Tried another, this time about computers, same sort of thing!! :computer: Finally I got one, but I don't seem to be having as much trouble as some people. About 2 weeks ago, I did like 20 minutes worth of one on chocolate, then when it asked for my demographics (and I breathed easy) it booted me! I will try to report these things when they happen, though, so we can make life easier for everyone else on SR!

kimntrent
06-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I do my surveys at night now because I have more time and I have noticed that the survey I did on May 31 I haven't gotten credit for and last night either. Both were after 9pm though. Does that mean anything? I got all the way to the end and the congrats part.

Kim
________
Outdoor Teen (http://www.****tube.com/categories/813/teen/videos/1)

~Kathie
06-02-2007, 11:52 PM
I do my surveys at night now because I have more time and I have noticed that the survey I did on May 31 I haven't gotten credit for and last night either. Both were after 9pm though. Does that mean anything? I got all the way to the end and the congrats part.

Kim

Surveys for Friday, Saturday and Sunday usually credit on Monday!

The survey company doesn't upload to Tricia on the weekends.

mollyeilis
06-02-2007, 11:52 PM
The surveys done Friday through Sunday won't credit until Monday, once the Greenfield person gets the info to Tricia. :)

I don't know what time zone you are in, but I'm in Pacific, and I've noticed the scratchoff counts as the next day if I do it after 9pm my time...perhaps it's similar with the surveys, if you are also over on the left side of the country. :p

phillygal3
06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
i try survey after survey and i never qualify. i give up. :computer:

SunshineGirl
06-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Fri-Sat-Sun survey credits are now posted for those of you who were anxiously waiting. :) The one I did on Friday about Candy Land came through just fine.