PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Achin' Back

SunshineGirl
08-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Remember a couple of weeks ago when I said that I thought I pulled something in my back. Turns out I was right! After two weeks, I finally gave in and went to the doctor. He put me on some Celebrex to help with the inflammation. It sucks. LOL! The weird thing is that I can stand and walk for hours. Sitting is the problem. If I sit more than an hour, I start getting sharp pains. Not cool when your job involves sitting all day...

So I will be up and down and up and down from the computer all day for the next few days. The good news is that it should go away by itself after the inflammation goes down and the muscle relaxes. The bad news is that it hurts like &%@% until then. LOL!

wilsonfamily4
08-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I am glad you decided to go in to the doctor. Sometimes we are so stubborn that things can get worse.
I am sorry it hurts so bad! :(

rygirlsmum
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM
You poor thing! Take care of you and your back! I'll be praying for healing!!!!

tink2008
08-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm glad the you finally went to the Doctor and found out what the problem was. The Celebrex will help but it takes a few days. Just take it easy and dont over due it! Good luck:hugs:

nurseminnie76
08-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear you are still having problems with your back. :( I hope the Celebrex works and you are feeling better soon.

I know what you mean about sitting all day long .... I'm actually looking forward to going back to work in a couple of weeks. I think I've gotten carpel tunnel from sitting at this computer all summer. :rotfl: (But I've also earned lots of Disney gc's and made some new friends. :love: )

coastalgirl
08-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Tricia, I hate to hear that! I am glad you went to see a DR.! Hope it gets better soon!

Lydia

sunshinecindy
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I am glad you decided to go in to the doctor. Sometimes we are so stubborn that things can get worse.
I am sorry it hurts so bad! :(

Ya, shes glad too.....he was quite the eye candy, from what I hear. :cooldance:

bs4free
08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
:hugs: hope the RX help, and the pain goes away quickley. Hum can you still stand and click! do you have a notebook at a bar... :rotfl: No take the time you need to heal, we will understand if it takes you a little longer to get to thing over here on the fourms and on SR.

Thanks for all the new offers today! :heart: :sunshine:

coastalgirl
08-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Ya, shes glad too.....he was quite the eye candy, from what I hear. :cooldance:

A hot doctor! You go Tricia, mine are always as old as Moses unless I am in labor!!! :rotfl:

Lydia

spring
08-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Hope you heal quickly, Tricia. Don't over-do it on our account. We aren't going anywhere!

speechteachri
08-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Hope your back is back to normal really soon!! Take care!

linanglab
08-21-2007, 04:18 PM
On the positive side - think of all the calories you will burn by standing and walking compared to sitting!

Just kidding. Hope you feel better! I know how awful it feels to have back/neck problems....

Angela

SunshineGirl
08-21-2007, 06:37 PM
On the positive side - think of all the calories you will burn by standing and walking compared to sitting!

Just kidding. Hope you feel better! I know how awful it feels to have back/neck problems....

Angela

You're actually right! It's forcing me not to just sit at the computer for 3-4 hour stretches. I'm having to get up and walk around a bit. I have to be burning more calories, right?

gshanny
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I will say I hope you heal quick. But then I thought if the Dr is a hunka hunka, maybe you don't want to heal too quickly......
Glad you are smarter than me about going to the Dr. I am a bad girl and don't go when I should.

disney_girl
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Glad you got it checked out and are on the mend! Hope you recover from it quick!

arob414
08-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe this is a good time to read a good book you have been meaning to read. That is if you can lay down without hurting.

disneynut
08-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Heres hoping to a speedy recovery. :cheers: No really. I hope you get better soon. :hugs: :sunshine:

ItsmeSunnyV
08-22-2007, 12:26 AM
:love: Im sorry your back hurts, but lucky you....Was he a McSteamy or A McDreamy? :love: lol

kerry34
08-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Sorry to hear about your back pain. Hopefully you will be feeling much better in no time:sunshine:

Soccer Princess
08-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Hope you feel better soon Tricia!

SunshineGirl
08-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Well....turns out it wasn't a muscle problem. Three days on the celebrex didn't help and it's actually worse. Tomorrow I go for an ultrasound to see if it is gynecological. A little freaky. I'm sure it will all be fine. But as I told the doctor today, it makes my job sitting at a desk a little difficult when I can't sit. LOL!

ItsmeSunnyV
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Well....turns out it wasn't a muscle problem. Three days on the celebrex didn't help and it's actually worse. Tomorrow I go for an ultrasound to see if it is gynecological. A little freaky. I'm sure it will all be fine. But as I told the doctor today, it makes my job sitting at a desk a little difficult when I can't sit. LOL!

:hugs: I really hope everything turns out okay. Maybe it's a sign tellin ya to take easy for a bit. I know ya luv us and all, but we'll understand if ya need a little Vaca. from a us till ya feel better. :hugs:

bs4free
08-23-2007, 08:55 PM
:heart: :hugs: I hope the Dr's can help find out what is going on, and get you better! your so good to SR, and US!:hugs:

SunshineGirl
08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
A little update. Not much conclusive. I've got something on an ovary, but they don't know what. So I go in for a CT Scan on Wednesday. Thank goodness I am going to get a little something for the pain because I'm getting tired from standing all the time time.

Isn't illness kind of ironic? I mean, at what other time would a normally healthy person be saying to herself "Please let me have an ovarian cyst"? LOL!

disney_girl
08-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Sending pixie dust your way that it all goes well and you get some relief soon!!

jnorth1007
08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
ACK! Here is hoping and praying that all goes well. Im sure it is miserable. I had an ovarian cyst the first time B and I went to WDW. I was on pain killers for three days. Got on Splash Mountain for the first time and thought I was dying after the last drop. Passed the cyst that night and felt fine the rest of the trip LOL. Maybe you need a trip on SM? I know the pain that those things can cause but like you said, the alternatives REALLY suck.

coastalgirl
08-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Tricia I hope all goes well! I hope you start to feel better soon! You have to. You have less than 2 months before yall's big trip! :hugs: :wizard:

Lydia

Hedy
08-28-2007, 11:21 PM
A little update. Not much conclusive. I've got something on an ovary, but they don't know what. So I go in for a CT Scan on Wednesday. Thank goodness I am going to get a little something for the pain because I'm getting tired from standing all the time time.

Isn't illness kind of ironic? I mean, at what other time would a normally healthy person be saying to herself "Please let me have an ovarian cyst"? LOL!

If I could give you an ovarian cyst, Tricia, I would. I've got plenty to spare.
Seriously though, good luck and get well.

SunshineGirl
08-28-2007, 11:29 PM
If I could give you an ovarian cyst, Tricia, I would. I've got plenty to spare.

LOL!!!

Do you have a lot of pain with yours? Do they pretty much just watch them until they go away?

Hedy
08-29-2007, 09:14 AM
LOL!!!

Do you have a lot of pain with yours? Do they pretty much just watch them until they go away?

No pain for me yet, but I always get nervous when that area hurts (I have PCOS, so they more mess with my hormones).

SunshineGirl
08-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I've managed to stomach the first of the three big glasses of contrast crap. The second should be coming any minute now. UGH! Then the IV contrast after that. Thank goodness I can use my laptop in the lobby or I would be going crazy!!!

bs4free
08-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I've managed to stomach the first of the three big glasses of contrast crap. The second should be coming any minute now. UGH! Then the IV contrast after that. Thank goodness I can use my laptop in the lobby or I would be going crazy!!!

Well i hope this evening you will get to have a nice glass of wine in contrast to that contrast crap this morning! I hope they will find out what is causing the pain, and make you all better! :hugs: :hugs: :sunshine: :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
:sick: :sick: :sick: I just got down the third glass. I seriously feel like I could hurl. BLEH!!!!! <just keep distracting yourself with SR, Tricia>

Soccer Princess
08-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Yuck.. Sorry Tricia! Hugs!

coastalgirl
08-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Yucko, that stuff is sooo gross.:sick: I sure do feel for ya! I hope everything goes well!

Lydia

zoodoyle
08-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Lots of :hugs: and :sunshine: - hope you get some answers, and can put your mind at ease soon!!!!

LuvMyBoys
08-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Sending lots of :sunshine: and good thoughts your way Tricia!

:hugs:

ItsmeSunnyV
08-29-2007, 01:09 PM
:D Tricia Just think...pretty soon you'll be drinking those nice cold dole whips instead!! MmMmMm:D

Either that or drink em' like I drink Tequila shots, PLUG YOUR NOSE, AND TAKE EM' BACK!! lol

SunshineGirl
08-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Well, it's all over and done now. I have to say that I was feeling quite out of sorts for a couple of hours. I just came home and laid on the couch for a bit until SG could bring me some lunch. I think the combination of fasting this morning and then the yucky tasting drinks and then that iodine injection just wacked out my body. But all is well again. :) It definitely wasn't an experience that I would volunteer to go through again, but I think it could have been a whole lot worse. And I tried to spread a little Sunshine to the people who did it by telling them how good they were at putting in the IVs, how pretty the pink robes were, etc. LOL!

ItsmeSunnyV
08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
And I tried to spread a little Sunshine to the people who did it by telling them how good they were at putting in the IVs, how pretty the pink robes were, etc. LOL!

LOL :p Well at least your home now.

bs4free
08-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Glad you home and resting, I hope they will be able to process your results very quickly! I hope you have a great DR. like we have you for SR! Becuase you make sure everything is done to a T!

Hope you enjoyed you lunch too! and glad to see you bringing :sunshine: to others!

SunshineGirl
08-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Good news! There was no other fluid or anything icky in anything besides the ovary. So whatever it is, we either caught it early or it will go away.

They drew some blood today and I see a GYN next Friday. It's quite possible that we might just have to watch it for a couple of months and see if it gets better or worse. And I have pain pills. :)

disney_girl
08-30-2007, 10:53 AM
So glad you're home and have something to control the pain! Hoping that it goes away on it's own!

coastalgirl
08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Pain Pills are nice! I hope they can soon find out what is causing this.

Lydia

bs4free
08-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Gald that it will eitehr go Away or that is very early on what ever it its! I hope it just goes away very quiclky and before you trip! I do hope that the Pain pills are helping! Just remember to take it easy with SR I know we are demanding, but we want you to be around for a long time to come! and besides a Happy Trica means a Happy SR!

Hedy
08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Good news! There was no other fluid or anything icky in anything besides the ovary. So whatever it is, we either caught it early or it will go away.

They drew some blood today and I see a GYN next Friday. It's quite possible that we might just have to watch it for a couple of months and see if it gets better or worse. And I have pain pills. :)

Yay! :sunshine2:

speechteachri
08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi Tricia, glad you had good news from the test. Sorry you had to go through all that! I totally missed all the info you posted the past couple of days with going back to work, getting injured, and being exhausted. I feel like I've been MIA. Sorry I'm so late in wishing you well!

ItsmeSunnyV
08-31-2007, 12:36 AM

They drew some blood today and I see a GYN next Friday. It's quite possible that we might just have to watch it for a couple of months and see if it gets better or worse. And I have pain pills.

:wizard:
Okay Im really starting to think that this pixie dust is really starting to work miracles!! :wizard:
:cooldance: Yeahhhhh Great news Tricia!! :cooldance:

tommygirl79
08-31-2007, 08:27 AM
I've been totally out of the loop...too much sewing for trip in two weeks...

Sorry to hear you've been going through all of this Tricia! Not knowing what is going on with your body when it's in pain can be draining!!! Glad to hear you got a good report and pain pills, WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JillyFish
08-31-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't know how I missed this....:(

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time Tricia! I hope you feel better today! :sunshine2:

ligrumpygirl
08-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Hope you are feeling better...sending :hugs: and :sunshine:

Mom2aPrincess
09-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Remember a couple of weeks ago when I said that I thought I pulled something in my back. Turns out I was right! After two weeks, I finally gave in and went to the doctor. He put me on some Celebrex to help with the inflammation. It sucks. LOL! The weird thing is that I can stand and walk for hours. Sitting is the problem. If I sit more than an hour, I start getting sharp pains. Not cool when your job involves sitting all day...

So I will be up and down and up and down from the computer all day for the next few days. The good news is that it should go away by itself after the inflammation goes down and the muscle relaxes. The bad news is that it hurts like &%@% until then. LOL!

WOW! Hope you get better soon!

ItsmeSunnyV
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Tricia, How are you feeling with the pain pills? Is it helping?

SunshineGirl
09-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Tricia, How are you feeling with the pain pills? Is it helping?

The pain pills definitely help. I've also noticed some things that seem to make it worse (like having a full bladder!), so I have been avoiding those things. Thank you for asking!!

llgray16
09-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Trcia - I'm so sorry to hear you are dealing with this! At least it sounds like you are getting the help you need. I had a large ovarian cyst removed a few years ago. I woke up one morning with the most horrific pain and I thought it was my appendix. DH took me to the ER and 4 hours later I was one ovary lighter.

I hope that you are feeling better now and that everything resolves itself soon!

CindyS
09-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I never understood the whole back pain thing until it happened to me. Wow. You feel it with every move you make. I'm glad the pills seem to be working, Tricia. :hugs: