PDA

View Full Version : Where is My Gift Card??

swt8bud1
04-14-2009, 03:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I requested a pay out for a $25 Disney Gift Card on 3/16. I have received other pay outs fairly quickly in the past and was just wondering what the hold up might be. Are the cards only sent out at certain times during the month.

spring
04-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Hi Everyone,

I requested a pay out for a $25 Disney Gift Card on 3/16. I have received other pay outs fairly quickly in the past and was just wondering what the hold up might be. Are the cards only sent out at certain times during the month.

I'm certainly not an authority, but I believe the Disney Gift Cards are sent out 2X per month. They were coming directly from Disney for a while, but I think if Tricia has the denomination in stock right now, she is mailing them directly. You should give Disney Gift Cards 4-6 weeks for delivery before getting worried about not getting it.

If it makes you feel any better, I cashed out 3/13 and haven't received mine yet, either. So far, the longest I've had to wait is 5 weeks when they were coming directly from Disney. Just sit tight. I'm sure yours is on it's way.:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
04-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Since its not yet been 6 weeks, no need to worry as cashouts can take up to 6 weeks. If you do not receive it after that, feel free to open a TT.

~Kathie
04-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I cashed out for a Disney Gift card on March 5th and received mine at the end of last week. Just about 5 weeks....so you should be getting yours soon. It's hard to wait isn't it??

swt8bud1
04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone :thanks:

I will be one the look out for my gift card any day now...:cooldance:

bellanlivismom
04-19-2009, 08:11 AM
I hate waiting...I cashed out for mine on 4/5 and I am REALLY hoping that it comes soon....I know...not at all patient. I have a friend who is leaving on May 6th and I would like to give it to them. :)

Love2Shop
04-19-2009, 09:35 AM
I hate waiting too! I cashed out for the SM emailed Disney gc on 3/24, I hope I get it soon, my trip balance is due at the end of the month. ;)

I know from experience that Disney gc's can take a long time.

jnorth1007
04-20-2009, 08:37 AM
It seems that 5 weeks is the norm right now but if a holiday falls in there it could delay it some. This is down those from the 6-8 weeks it was taking. It would be wonderful if things could go back to the way it used to be but since Disney no longer allows SR to purchase the cards in bulk at a discount we cant carry the large stock we used to. We also have many more members than we did back in the day of 2 weeks turn around. Back then cards were sent out every week. That isn't possible anymore and are sent out every two weeks I believe and are based upon availability and arriving from Disney. Sometimes it takes longer for them to get from Disney to SR so that Tricia can send them out. Thanks for your patience. Tricia gets those cards out as quickly as she can :sunshine2:

sunshinecindy
04-20-2009, 08:53 AM
We all need to be patient...it takes SR 60-90 days to get their money from the merchants, even longer in some cases, so, we understand waiting, but its a necessary evil.