PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Picnic in the Park

Pooh's Pal
04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Just found about this and copied these details from AllEars and thought I'd share with you...another eating/dining option at Animal Kingdom....AND you can use the meal plan with it...quick service/counter service!!

As of April 7, 2009, Disney's Animal Kingdom will be offering a new meal program called Picnic in the Park. As part of this program, you will be able to purchase a meal for the family packaged in an "Every Tree Has Character" reusable bag, which can then be taken to one of a number of picnic spots throughout the park. Plates and utensils are provided. Meals include a choice of entrees, side dishes, desserts, and water. There are two tiers available:

Tier 1 features a chicken wrap, ham grinder, tuna pita, or turkey focaccia sandwich, with pricing starting at $24.99 plus tax for a meal for three.

Meal for Three ? $24.99 + tax
3 Sandwiches, 1 Large Gourmet Side, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four ? $32.99 + tax
4 Sandwiches, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five ? $40.99 + tax
5 Sandwiches, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six ? $48.99 + tax
6 Sandwiches, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

Tier 2 offers a choice of rotisserie chicken or ham, with pricing starting at $29.99 plus tax for a meal for three.

Meal for Three ? $29.99 + tax
6 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 lb. of Ham, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four ? $38.99 + tax
8 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/4 lb. of Ham, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five ? $47.99 + tax
10 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/2 lb. of Ham, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six ? $56.99 + tax
12 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 3/4 lb. of Ham, 5 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

Gourmet Sides (16 oz.)
-- Chips
-- Macaroni & Cheese
-- Seasonal Fruit Salad
-- Coleslaw
-- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
-- Tomato and Cucumber
-- Corn Medley
-- Orzo Pasta Salad
-- Green Beans ?
-- Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

Desserts
-- Apple
-- Brownie
-- Cookie
-- Cornbread
-- Crisped Rice Treat
-- Orange

NOTE: No modifications or substitutions are allowed.

Guests with food allergies should alert the Cast Member when placing their order, who will then contact a chef.

Place your order at the Picnic in the Park podium located in front of Guest Relations at Animal Kingdom, between 8:30 a.m. ? 1:00 p.m. daily. After that time, or if you decide to get a picnic pack after you're in the park, go directly to the podium at Tusker House Restaurant to place the order.

Pick-up time needs to be at least two hours from the time the order is placed, and you'll need to bring the copy of the order form as confirmation. The pick-up location is at Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery.

Payment is due upon pick-up of the order. If you're on the Disney Dining Plan, Picnic in the Park may be used as a Quick Service Meal (requires one adult entitlement per meal amount). For example, a meal for three will require three adult entitlements.

Hedy
04-15-2009, 09:47 AM
And once again, AK is the least vegetarian friendly park. :mad: I plan on going to the new restaurant at AKV for lunch my AK day.

PSL1013
04-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I saw that too and noticed that they don't offer a meal for "two"? :(

iluvamystery89
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
they definitely need a meal for two option-not EVERYONE goes to wdw with kids! heck, DH and i went there for our honeymoon, lol. i'm not a vegetarian, but i agree, there should be meal options for everyone. it's a good idea, but it needs some tweaking.

schaery
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Having a meal for two seems like a fairly obvious thing. Wonder why they didn't think of that?