PDA

View Full Version : b-day party gift help

lenzs4
04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
I combine the kids birthdays and do one huge pool party since it is so expensive to rent the pool...
ANyway I need party gifts for the kids and I can not think of something cute and affordable (100 guests)....
Any ideas?

fourfoxesinpa
04-19-2009, 09:16 AM
100 guests! :angel: You get the Mom of the Year award from me! :clap:

Not sure how old the kids are, but it sounds like they're probably older. What about making each guest a special CD with relevant music - like all summer songs or your child's favorite artist? And, depending on how old, party gifts might not even be necessary? You'll spend an arm and a leg on just a small token with 100 kids to buy for. My kids are now 12 and 10 and the "gift bags" have slowly started to disappear, which is fine with me because it was just "stuff" that laid around until it got tossed.

For any age - what about a pool noodle - you can find them for as little as $1. Or check Oriental Trading, you could do something like go with a Hawaiian Theme and they could wear leis and take them home? They might even have the noodles or other pool themed stuff.

Good luck to ya!

bartleby1
04-19-2009, 09:42 AM
The pool noodle is a great idea if you can get your hands on enough of them! Our Dollar Tree had them before Easter but I don't know if they have any left at this point.

Maybe you could find cheap flip-flops for a couple of bucks? My son got those at a party one time, along with a pair of cheapo sunglasses.

And WOW! You are one brave mom to throw a party with 100 guests!

lenzs4
04-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Oh thank you!!!

I love the CD and the noodle idea - both are affordable!

We have done this once before - combined the parties and invited everyone - it was actually easier than the smaller parties I used to plan with tons of activities and such...

Now I rent the public pool for one set fee, they provide the lifegaurds and I am all set!