PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP costumes?

ruledbymercury
08-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Are you wearing a costume or any festive Halloween clothing to MNSSHP? If so, please share what you are planning to wear. I need ideas for DH & I (both age 26, no kids).

We would like to be in regular clothes (or as normal clothes as possible) so we can be comfortable, but still participate in dressing up for the event. My ideas so far:

- Cowboy/cowgirl: We can wear regular jeans, regular plaid shirts, maybe find some vests, then dress it up with accessories...hats, sherriffs badges, etc.
- '50s couple: he can wear jeans and a white t-shirt and slick his hair back, I can wear cropped pants, some kind of shirt, and my hair in a high pony tail. We might get costume jackets (extremely lightweight) that say "Pink Lady" and "Thunderbird" on the back. I could tie a pink scarf around my neck or ponytail.
- Black cat: Keep it very simple...wear all black and find a headband with some black cat ears. Draw whiskers on my face with eyeliner. Maybe get a black maribou boa and make some fuzzy wristbands and a neck band. Not sure what DH would wear...he could do his own thing. Maybe get him a simple cape and some vampire teeth or something simple like that.
- Just go to Target and pick up some Halloween-themed t-shirts for both of us and call it a day.

SunshineGirl
08-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I picked up a Disney shirt last year that had "Evil Diva" on the back and the witch on the front. I'm still contemplating what to do this year. Either a Disney-themed Halloween shirt or just a Halloween shirt. I like to be comfy for the rides and stuff more than I care about the dress up part. But if I could do BOTH, I probably would.

llgray16
08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
I am struggling with the same thing for my mom and I. DS#1 is going to be a doctor and DS#2 is going to be Woody from Toy Story (at least that is what he is claiming right now.)

I want something lightweight because I'm sure it is going tobe warm (we are going on Sept 28th) I was in the airport last night and they had a cute Heinz ketchup t-shirt so I was thinking of getting that and wering red shorts so I could be ketchup. Then I ws thining of getting my mom a yellow t-shirt and shorts so she could be mustard. I don't know. It is kind of corny but it is my best idea so far. The only other Idea I was thinking of was being Mouseketeers.

ruledbymercury
08-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Hmmm...DH is a big Nightmare Before Christmas (and basically anything Tim Burton) fan. Maybe I could just order us both NBC t-shirts from Disney Shopping. I'm not sure it's something he would wear on many other occasions, but if I can get a good enough deal, it might work (and it would probably be cheaper than buying costumes). :)

m 'n c
08-22-2007, 12:04 PM
See my siggy picture. I was a flapper girl (had the dress already from sorority costume parties and mardi gras parties) and bf was a ref. He wore the Ref shirt with some shorts.

Next year I'm ordering the custom tshirts from disneyshopping and we will be mouseketeers. :)

Hedy
08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
My brother and DSIL always go as tourists. :rotfl: :rotfl:

bs4free
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I was hopeing to buy a Chip and Dale halloween Themed shirt at disney before the party on 9/14! Wish me luck!

cglaura
08-22-2007, 04:12 PM
I was hopeing to buy a Chip and Dale halloween Themed shirt at disney before the party on 9/14! Wish me luck!

Try Zazzle...they have Chip and Dale, maybe you can customize it to be "Halloweenish"?

5% back on SR too!

chocovrdmicears
08-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Hmmmm~If you are slightly crafty you could do what I am going to 'attempt' to do this year.. Tie Dye Mickey T Shirts in black, orange and green for the 4 of us. There are some great instructions on the DisBoards..
:)

wdwabby
08-23-2007, 08:31 AM
well I'm going a bit overboard and making an entire costume ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1155.jpg

but if you're looking at doing halloween t-shirts, check out the design board over at the DIS, there are tons of designs available for halloween that you can get customized and then just put on a shirt with iron-on transfer paper.

ruledbymercury
08-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all the ideas! I talked to DH and we decided to forgo the costumes and order matching Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirts from DisneyShopping.com. We got the Studio Collection tees, since they were on sale. Jack for him and Sally for me. Should be cute! I also have a skull & crossbones headband that I will probably wear, and we might get some purple glowsticks to wear around our necks. We will be festive and Halloween-y, yet still very comfortable. We'll be there for the 9/28 party (and I notice some other SRers will be there that night as well!). I can't wait!

Kittykat
08-23-2007, 10:19 AM
I want something lightweight because I'm sure it is going tobe warm (we are going on Sept 28th).

We'll be there on the 28th, too! Should I look for ketchup and mustard?! :p

I think we're just going to wear t-shirts since this is a surprise trip for our boys...and I know they won't be too keen on putting on a costume for Disney. I hope Target puts out there Halloween stuff soon (yeah, like it's not already out...) and I can buy them ahead of time and sneak them into their luggage.

See my siggy picture. I was a flapper girl (had the dress already from sorority costume parties and mardi gras parties) and bf was a ref. He wore the Ref shirt with some shorts.

I can't tell you how many times I've looked at your sig picture and thought "is her husband a ref?!". D'oh...never occurred to me that it was a costume! :rotfl:

ruledbymercury
08-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow, so at least three of us will be at MNSSHP on 9/28: llgray16, Kittykat, and me!

Kittykat
08-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow, so at least three of us will be at MNSSHP on 9/28: llgray16, Kittykat, and me!

OMG, so cool!

Have any of you ever been to MNSSHP? This will be our first time since we usually go in June. (Though we did get to go to a P&P Party when we snuck off for our weekend anniversary trip back in March.)

cglaura
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM

I can't tell you how many times I've looked at your sig picture and thought "is her husband a ref?!". D'oh...never occurred to me that it was a costume! :rotfl:

Ditto!!!! :D

ruledbymercury
08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
OMG, so cool!

Have any of you ever been to MNSSHP? This will be our first time since we usually go in June. (Though we did get to go to a P&P Party when we snuck off for our weekend anniversary trip back in March.)

This will be our first MNSSHP. The only reason we really got interested in it is because we had such a great time during P&P last February. Although I knew very little about MNSSHP at that time, I did know that it was at least somewhat like P&P (hard ticket, at night, with special events and a special decor overlay to the whole park), so we knew we HAD to go this year to try it out and see if it's as great as P&P!

kerry34
08-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful time at MNSSHP!!! We have only been once about 4 yrs ago. We didnt even know they had it because it was before my obsessive disney planning stage:eek: Anyway we bought the tickets at the very last minute and the kids were thrilled that they got the suprise of staying till midnight and also because they got to trick or treat. It is one of our best disney memories. There were lots of people that didnt dress up as well as some really great costume. For those who are first timers I am sure that you will just have the best time. I am hoping someday we can go back at that time of year again, but for now its a no go since my older kids are in middle and high school and cannot handle the work load if they miss too much school. Hopefully you all can post about your fun when you get home.

Karri5775
08-23-2007, 08:54 PM
My family will be there on Sept 30th. We will not be dressing up in costumes, I think my kids will be too hot and uncomfortable so I will be making us t-shirts for the party. Black t-shirts with an orange mickey head on the front and probably some orange or green glow necklaces. My kids don't know about the party, they are going to be so excited.

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 11:54 PM

haha. that was us at MNSSHP last year. I wish you could see my dress better. It has fringe from top to bottom and looks very flapperish.

Kittykat
08-24-2007, 08:09 AM
haha. that was us at MNSSHP last year. I wish you could see my dress better. It has fringe from top to bottom and looks very flapperish.

Well, now that you say that I can definitely see the fringe. It's so funny, honestly everytime I saw it my subconscious was always like "hmmm...cute couple on vacation + ref shirt = ???".