PDA

View Full Version : US Passports and SR Credits!

bs4free
08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Trica, Anyway we can get SR credits for purchasing our US Passports for the SR Cruise. Any Coupons, Discounts, specials, If we order now we might get them in time for our Cruise!

mollyeilis
08-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Now that is a brilliant idea. :)

bs4free
08-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Now that is a brilliant idea. :)

Thanks, I mean with all the new laws an all a new passport will run you near $100 so always looking for SR credit!

I dont know how many people already have passports, but i know i don't and a Disney Cruise sounds like a good reason to get one.

So How about it SR credit for our US passport orders!

Can we also sell Ad space on our us passports to help defray the cost, Trica do you know of anyone doing that....

Hedy
08-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Bryan, you're as bad as I am with wanting SR credits for everything.

bs4free
08-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Bryan, you're as bad as I am with wanting SR credits for everything.

No! I am sure i am worse, :rotfl: I was just looking for jiffy lube or someplace that i could get sr credits for my car's oil change. To top that my dad is also getting a new to him car, but i had to check to see if i could somehow get sr credits for that too!

Wait till tax time comes, i am going to look to see if i can get a % back in sr credits for the taxes i will owe......

I hope we can get a % back or an incentive to Vote this november :rotfl:

But back on the main topic, Can we get SR credits for our Us passports?:confused:

mollyeilis
08-22-2007, 05:15 PM
No! I am sure i am worse, :rotfl: I was just looking for jiffy lube or someplace that i could get sr credits for my car's oil change. To top that my dad is also getting a new to him car, but i had to check to see if i could somehow get sr credits for that too!

Wait till tax time comes, i am going to look to see if i can get a % back in sr credits for the taxes i will owe......

I hope we can get a % back or an incentive to Vote this november :rotfl:

But back on the main topic, Can we get SR credits for our Us passports?:confused:

Related ideas.

I went through SR to get my Entertainment book, and now whenever I use those coupons I thank SR. There are oil change certificates in there (but I don't use Jiffy Lube since they like to destroy cars by not replacing caps and such).

It would have been fabulous to have gotten SR back on our recent car purchase.

Isn't it funny you said that about voting, considering the paid click that's up?

Now here's my thought process. There are some resorts that offer a voucher worth the cost of a new passport, when you book a certain number of days with them. Find those resorts. Go through SR to get to orbitz, or some other travel site, that offers that, as a vacation this year or early next. That way you are *sort of* getting rewards back on something that pays you back for the passport purchase.

Also, go through SR to givefun.com to buy disney gift cards, to pay for the cruise, so you're getting SR back for that.

Whew.

Somehow I can't imagine how even Tricia and Cindy could convince the State Dept to give them some money back, I think those workarounds are OK. :)

bs4free
08-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Related ideas.

I went through SR to get my Entertainment book, and now whenever I use those coupons I thank SR. There are oil change certificates in there (but I don't use Jiffy Lube since they like to destroy cars by not replacing caps and such).

It would have been fabulous to have gotten SR back on our recent car purchase.

Isn't it funny you said that about voting, considering the paid click that's up?

Now here's my thought process. There are some resorts that offer a voucher worth the cost of a new passport, when you book a certain number of days with them. Find those resorts. Go through SR to get to orbitz, or some other travel site, that offers that, as a vacation this year or early next. That way you are *sort of* getting rewards back on something that pays you back for the passport purchase.

Also, go through SR to givefun.com to buy disney gift cards, to pay for the cruise, so you're getting SR back for that.

Whew.

Somehow I can't imagine how even Tricia and Cindy could convince the State Dept to give them some money back, I think those workarounds are OK. :)

Never had a problem with jiffylube, i have hear stories, but the one i go to i watch like a hawk, and since i know what they are supposed to be doing I know what to look for, check, and even tell them!

Cars are not cheap so even a few % back would be great!

Yes todays paid click was very funny, Like Trica reads every post, and had to put that up just because i mentioned that....

Already have this years vacation planed, and if I do do the SR Cruise which i want to that would be my 2008 vacation! So great idea, Too bad disney hotels are not one that paysfor your passport....

Already planned on using GiveFun, That will help!

As far as our US Passports go, I am sure if anyone could get the State Department to offer a rewards program and incentives, it would be Trica, and her Mom Cindy the Queen of dickering!

So i Hope to hear word soon about how that went and if we can indeed get SR credits on our US Passports!

spring
08-22-2007, 06:32 PM
:rotfl: Bryan, you are toooooooo funny!

SunshineGirl
08-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Ya know, I've been trying to find a way to get an SR credit card so that you can get credits back on EVERY purchase. LOL!

disney_girl
08-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Ohhh... that would be awesome! I was just thinking how great an SR credit card would be! Hopefully something will work out!

bs4free
08-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Ya know, I've been trying to find a way to get an SR credit card so that you can get credits back on EVERY purchase. LOL!

So i take it as a no on the US Passport then, are you sure?

Oh No a SR credit card...That would be tough my Disney Visa or SR card ohhh my oh my I so wish we could pay credit cards with credit cards and let the circle of rewards build :rotfl:

m 'n c
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe SR could contract with one of those passport expediting companies instead of the state department.

cglaura
08-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey, can't you buy cars through eBay? :rotfl:

bs4free
08-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Maybe SR could contract with one of those passport expediting companies instead of the state department.

That Might work, Wonder if Cindy can lookin to that!

Why did i not think of that, i guess buying my cars at online auction is not something that would have crossed my mind!

cglaura
08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I am in no way vouching for this site, but I googled and found it had an affiliate link so thought Tricia or Cindy could check it out.

http://www.travisa.com/passporc.htm

http://www.travisa.com/program/default.htm

mollyeilis
08-22-2007, 08:45 PM

You know you can get SR for TurboTax, yes? Not a percentage, but something.

I kinda wanted to kick myself for forgetting that ebay thing, but I went back and re-checked, and it says "excludes eBay Motors". Whew.

Hedy
08-22-2007, 08:45 PM

:(
Earn 1% back on winning bids and BINs (excludes eBay Motors, eBay Real Estate, eBay Charity items, eBay Business, and bids placed with a sniping service)

Yes, I did check while car shopping.

bs4free
08-22-2007, 08:50 PM
You know you can get SR for TurboTax, yes? Not a percentage, but something.

I kinda wanted to kick myself for forgetting that ebay thing, but I went back and re-checked, and it says "excludes eBay Motors". Whew.

Yeah, but a % back on the turbtax free editon i do not think would add up to much, But i will keep an eye for an offer or something come tax time its comeing!

Well Glad i did not miss out, but :( we could not if we wanted too

cglaura
08-22-2007, 09:09 PM

Sorry, should have actually looked at it first! :blush: