PDA

View Full Version : What have ya won???

Lucinda
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Thought it may be fun to see if anyone's won any sweepstakes:dollarsign: and what ya won. I just started doing sweepstakes so haven't won as of yet. Hopefully soon I will and I'll let ya know.:thumbsup:

wilsonfamily4
08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Well about 7 years ago I won 4 books. :) I entered a Powells Bookstore contest and then got a box in the mail from them! I was shocked to find 4 books in it. And ones I would actually read. But that is all I have ever won. My husband wonders how I can enter so many and never win. But someday, someday. . . . . .

nurseminnie76
08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Last week I won the Kodak stickers from th Disney Movie Rewards instant win game. Last year I won the SR Halloween contest and got a free costume for DD from one of the SR merchants. That was a neat one to win -- my DD was really excited.

lorisnuts
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
over the years i've won some pretty neat contests. couple years ago i won 77 2 liters of coke, t-shirts, baseball hats, mp3 player, free product coupons, a cookbook and more. it was all from those Instant win games you find posted all over the internet.

brendamc
08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
I have won absolutley nothing. Lol

wdwabby
08-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I never win anything. I enter just about everything. I guess I figure that someone has to win and I keep hoping it'll be me. But it never is...

maybe someday ... where's the little eeyore face for this? haha

linanglab
08-29-2007, 06:33 AM
I won 3 times for the YOAMD giveaway. I have 2 sets of ears and 1 lanyard with 2 pins. Very cool!

Angela

zoodoyle
08-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I won 3 times for the YOAMD giveaway. I have 2 sets of ears and 1 lanyard with 2 pins. Very cool!

Angela

Wow, that's great!! I should really try harder to send those postcards in!!

PSL1013
08-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I've won a couple of contests on SR, getting a little extra bonus credits...but my DS25 won a trip for two to WDW about 5 years ago from a church raffle and took me along. It was fun and something I will never forget because we got to stay at the newly built AKL when it had only been opened for 4 months. A trip like this will never happen again, as he has moved out on his own and has a pre-fiance now and would never want to bring Mom alone on a trip again! :rotfl:

bartleby1
08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I've been sweeping for a few years and have won lots of smaller stuff (dvds, t-shirts, 2-liters of coke, etc.). My largest win was a disney trip. I also won a digital camcorder two years ago. I can't remember everything else. Oh, I did get a big case of brawny paper towels and a camping chair, a small outdoor table and two chairs from bacardi, a few duffle bags, and some cash checks for $25 - $100. I only enter online sweeps because I don't want to pay for postage for mail-in entries.

wilsonfamily4
08-29-2007, 01:53 PM
WOW, so people do win those!!! Okay I have always wondered if I will miss an email f I win. Did they send it by email or a letter? You guys give me hope!

bartleby1
08-29-2007, 11:23 PM
WOW, so people do win those!!! Okay I have always wondered if I will miss an email f I win. Did they send it by email or a letter? You guys give me hope!

My smaller prizes have just shown up, but my larger ones I was notified by email only. Of course, that really would stink if the email ended up in SPAM! I often wonder if I ever missed an email on something good!

I have also read that for some sweeps, they will try to call the winner on the phone but will only try a couple of times before picking another winner. Some of them will not leave messages on an answering machine either. I did win a trip to Vegas about 7 years ago which I had to forfeit since I was 9 months pregnant when the trip would have to occur. That trip they notified me by phone. I felt really bad because I thought it was one of those telemarketing type calls for a timeshare - you know the kind when they say you "won" a trip but then go into how you have to sit through a presentation. Turned out that it was an actual win from a sweepstakes I had entered. The guy on the other end probably couldn't understand why I was "yes"-ing him to death and not getting excited, lol!

linanglab
08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Did YOAMD pick any DVC winners yet? I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to win that!!!! I know....fat chance. But if no one has won it yet, there still is a chance, as fat as it may be! I know BS4Free wants it bad too. Sorry Bryan. I am older....I should get first dibs! :rotfl:

Angela

bs4free
08-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Did YOAMD pick any DVC winners yet? I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to win that!!!! I know....fat chance. But if no one has won it yet, there still is a chance, as fat as it may be! I know BS4Free wants it bad too. Sorry Bryan. I am older....I should get first dibs! :rotfl:

Angela

Yes i did and do and am, but i am younger and can make good use of it over the next 48 years LOL!!!! besides i called Dibs!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I do not know if they have, but i will let you know if i win!!!!

Tiggerific711
08-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Last year I was 1 of 25 winners of the AOL/Expedition Everest sweepstakes. I won a 4 day 3 night trip with passes and airfare!

TTFN
Marianne

wilsonfamily4
08-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Last year I was 1 of 25 winners of the AOL/Expedition Everest sweepstakes. I won a 4 day 3 night trip with passes and airfare!

TTFN
Marianne

WOWZERS! what fun

bs4free
08-30-2007, 09:34 PM

TTFN
Marianne

WOW i hope you had a great trip! Did you like Expedition Everest!

speechteachri
08-30-2007, 10:44 PM
OK, so I have never won any online kind of sweepstakes or anything. Sure would be fun to though. In the past I did win tickets from the radio to go see Bill Cosby when I was in college. And I also won a christian tape from a radio promo once. Oh yeah, and my name was pulled for a $50 gift cert. from the local christian bookstore a couple christmases ago.

The funniest one though was when I was around 6 years old or so. I went with my mother to a special thing at church where there were 2 or 3 really big bags of groceries. Some lady took everthing out of the bags one by one and all the ladies had to write down a price for each item. Since I went along I played too. After everyone added up their final totals (my mother added up mine because I got mad that I wrote down prices for everything and couldn't add them up fast enough) The combined cost was announced, and my total was $.10 off!!!!! What a riot! I remember the lady saying something like, well we can't give the groceries to a little girl, we'll take the next closest. And my mom saying, oh, no, she's taking those groceries home!!!!:rotfl:

Somehow though that still doesn't cmpare to a trip to WDW!! I can only dream!

brendamc
08-30-2007, 10:49 PM
What are we to win? And how? i guess I know nothing about this site, darnit! lol

bs4free
08-30-2007, 11:41 PM
What are we to win? And how? i guess I know nothing about this site, darnit! lol
This is a post where people are just poting things they may have won in life, you might have won a radio station call in, or a book raffel anything small or big, if you win or have won something just share it, we like to see that people do win the different contest, and promotions no matter where you are if someone from SR won or wins that makes all of us feel the same way as if a member of my family had won something! Dont worry you will get the hang of this site, and just post when you dont know or understand, we love to help! I hope i have helped!

Sunni
08-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Wow! Too funny that there is a thread on winning. I have something to share. I never win, however, in the mail today was a surprise. I won a gift certificate to a restaurant around here from a lottery replay game. I can't wait to tell my hubby. :sunshine2:

What does YOAMD stand for? Nice to know that some people really do win those trips and things!

ItsmeSunnyV
08-31-2007, 12:13 PM
What does YOAMD stand for?

Year of a Million Dreams..Congrats on your Gift card!!:)

Weluvdisny
10-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I've also won in the YOAMD sweeps. Two lanyards and a set of ears. I sent postcards daily for a few months earlier in the year. I can't believe I won something. I'm with you guys, I want the DVC!

I did get a letter in the mail yesterday that I had won first prize (along with 19,999, other people) in the Storybook Vacation contest from Georgia-Pacfic. A free disney on-line game.

Oh well, keep dreaming and entering those contests kids. Somebody's gotta win them, it might as well be us!!:sunshine2:

bs4free
10-13-2007, 11:47 PM
I did get a letter in the mail Today!!! that I had won first prize (along with 19,999, other people) in the Storybook Vacation contest from Georgia-Pacfic. A free disney on-line game.

At first i thought ok junk, then i rememberd i had enter, and thought did i just win a vacation...But i finished reading and it was only a game i picked the Lilo and Stitch maze craze game...

spring
10-14-2007, 07:31 AM
I am sooooooo impressed with all the winners on SR! I'm not particularly lucky, except for the fact that I was lucky enough to be invited to this site and forum to chat with all of you. I guess that, in itself, is like winning something.:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

PSL1013
10-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I also won that Storybook Vacation contest!! :rotfl: First prize? yeah right! :rotfl:

cglaura
10-14-2007, 02:28 PM
I won $1,000 in a radio contest about 8 years ago. You submitted your phone # and if they call you have to say "I listen to 95.1 WAYV!".

I almost won the $10,000 Deal or No Deal guess the case number. This is when it first started, I didn't know they called you first, then announced your name. I didn't recognize the #, thought it was a telemarketer, so didn't answer. Then I googled and researched it, called it back. I was sick to my stomach for weeks :cry: NOW I answer every call no matter what!!

And I won a $10 RFC gift card here for a movie trivia contest!

Jusacuz
10-14-2007, 02:54 PM
I've been entering sweepstakes for years. I enter an average of 150 per day. Last year was one of my best years and I won nearly $5000 worth of prizes including a PSP and a trip to my choice of one of the 10 most romantic B&B's in the country (We went to Bissell House in S. Pasadena) and year's supply of Half and Half.

The year before that I won a diamond pendant and a trip to Albuquerque, NM.

This year has been very slow. I've had a couple of surprise wins of candles/home fragrance from Evelyn & Crabtree and a makeup kit valued at $45. This year's best win was an iPhone, which was actually a $500 gift certificate to Apple. I ended up buying 2 Nanos instead of the phone.

I keep a list of wins and values and sponsors.

My husband was considered a radio "prize pig" for years because he was winning tickets, etc nearly every week. One year, my mother said he had to stop because she was tired of babysitting while we went to concerts. lol. :)

My dream prize would be a trip for my whole family to Disney. :sunshine2:

bs4free
10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
I've been entering sweepstakes for years. I enter an average of 150 per day. Last year was one of my best years and I won nearly $5000 worth of prizes including a PSP and a trip to my choice of one of the 10 most romantic B&B's in the country (We went to Bissell House in S. Pasadena) and year's supply of Half and Half.

The year before that I won a diamond pendant and a trip to Albuquerque, NM.

This year has been very slow. I've had a couple of surprise wins of candles/home fragrance from Evelyn & Crabtree and a makeup kit valued at $45. This year's best win was an iPhone, which was actually a $500 gift certificate to Apple. I ended up buying 2 Nanos instead of the phone.

I keep a list of wins and values and sponsors.

My husband was considered a radio "prize pig" for years because he was winning tickets, etc nearly every week. One year, my mother said he had to stop because she was tired of babysitting while we went to concerts. lol. :)

My dream prize would be a trip for my whole family to Disney. :sunshine2:

Please write a how to win guide.... Because i thougth i had a great year and a won a online game via the storybook vacation sweepstakes, that i would never paly.....So any hints tips how to's would be great i would love to win even a fraction of what you have in this slow year....

Jusacuz
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Please write a how to win guide.... Because i thougth i had a great year and a won a online game via the storybook vacation sweepstakes, that i would never paly.....So any hints tips how to's would be great i would love to win even a fraction of what you have in this slow year....

Honestly, I don't have any tips other than enter...a lot. I belong to an online sweeps site (online-sweepstakes.com) and I enter hundreds of sweeps a day. It only takes one entry to win. Persistence and patience are the most important things about winning. It can get time consuming and usually on the last day of the month, when a lot are expiring, it's not unusual for me to spend several hours entering them.

If you're interested in snail mail contests, there are some great newsletters out there that will list contests & rules. I don't enter them very often because I'm rather lazy and it can get expensive with stamps, etc. Rags to Riches is the only one I can think of right now, but I used to subscribe to some other one.

There are no secrets to winning a lot. It's a lot of entering and a bit of luck. :sunshine2:

bs4free
10-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks, I guess the more you enter the more you can win, I guess i will have to hope my big prize in 2008 is the SR Cruise.....