PDA

View Full Version : Cashout question:

DisneyMa
08-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Okay all you Sunshine gurus! I have a question.

I have enough to cash out for a $25 Disney GC.
I have about $12 pending (said to be released on 9/15)
I will be going to Disneyland the first week of October.

Question:
Should I cash out a gift card now and call myself done for this trip?
Or
Should I wait until 9/15, and cash out for a higher card?

Free Disney money is free money, so it will be spent:D

I was just wondering mailing timeframes. I think I read the GC are mailed on the 15th of the month, so if I waited for September's pending money, the GC would not be mailed until October 15th, right?

Am I right? Which way is better?
Thanks for any help/advice.:sunshine:

Hedy
08-23-2007, 01:54 PM
How close will the $12 bring you? Like if you have $28 in your account now, I'd cash out now, but if you have $40 in your account I'd wait until 9/15. JMO.
ETA: Tricia mails out gift cards about 2 weeks after you cash out, and generally if you note you have a trip she tries to get it out to you in a timely manner.

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I'd cash out for $25 now and then keep working towards another $25 card for when your pending is released on the 15th of Sept. If you tell Tricia when your trip is she can try her best to get that card out asap once you cash out. I don't think there is any difference between cashing out for $25 and $50 unless you are doing Disney Dollars.

DisneyMa
08-23-2007, 02:07 PM
I'd cash out for $25 now and then keep working towards another $25 card for when your pending is released on the 15th of Sept. If you tell Tricia when your trip is she can try her best to get that card out asap once you cash out. I don't think there is any difference between cashing out for $25 and $50 unless you are doing Disney Dollars.

Thanks! That's kinda what I needed to know. I heard there are (sometimes) special cashouts. So, I didn't want to miss out on any chance to get a deal:D

DisneyMa
08-23-2007, 02:10 PM
How close will the $12 bring you? Like if you have $28 in your account now, I'd cash out now, but if you have $40 in your account I'd wait until 9/15. JMO.
ETA: Tricia mails out gift cards about 2 weeks after you cash out, and generally if you note you have a trip she tries to get it out to you in a timely manner.

That $12 will bring me 1/2 way to another $25 GC, unless I do some extra shopping or offers. Currently I only count on doing surveys. That way anything extra is just that, extra.

Thanks for your help:sunshine:

mollyeilis
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM

Oh good gosh. Where are you supposed to note that? Maybe she has noticed me talking about Disneyland in September everywhere and just knows that I need my GC soon (DL on 17th, but leaving town on the 11th!).

Tricia ,if you're reading this, if you haven't already done so, can you be sure to get my last GC out? And pin I redeemed for? Pretty please?:heart: :sunshine:

To the OP...i'm not sure how to answer you, since I would go back and forth as well!

bs4free
08-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I would cashout now and then again once you get your next $25! JMHO. Better to know you will have this in time, and if your short the 50 then you would have just got a 25 anyways!

BTW i to cashed out for a Disney GC and pin!!! on monday hope it gets here soon, i leave in 8 days!!! WOOT!

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks! That's kinda what I needed to know. I heard there are (sometimes) special cashouts. So, I didn't want to miss out on any chance to get a deal:D

I think the next one will be after your trip but you can start saving for your next trip :sunshine:

Have you been doing the freebie offers? I've had luck with quite a few lately.

SunshineGirl
08-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I mailed everything that was cashed out through the morning of the 22nd yesterday morning. Molly--your 18th cash out was in there, and Bryan, your 20th cashout was in there. Both of those should arrive for you as early as tomorrow or as late as Monday.

Cindy mails the pins from Florida, and I think she mails them out almost daily.

bs4free
08-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I mailed everything that was cashed out through the morning of the 22nd yesterday morning. Molly--your 18th cash out was in there, and Bryan, your 20th cashout was in there. Both of those should arrive for you as early as tomorrow or as late as Monday.

Thanks I knew your were on it I just checked the mail and saw a letter from sr, I was so exited i riped it open and only found the pin, and was looking all over thinking i had droped the GC, Then silly me read the letter that only the pin was enclosed, then i ran to my account histroy to make sure i had not forgoten to cash out for the GC. Thank you for this post, It has help me chillout. But I do Love the button! Trica, your too good, I had thought you were processing it when you mentioned the Disney Dollars and cashout and run post! Again Your the best! I am not at all woundup about going to disney in ONLY 8 DAYS....!!!!!!!!!

:hugs: :heart: :sunshine:

mollyeilis
08-23-2007, 03:15 PM

Wheee!

Thank you. :)

Alice28
08-23-2007, 08:22 PM

Yippee! Lookin' forward to my envelope of Sunshine!

Can't wait for Disneyland.................:mickey: :minnie: