PDA

View Full Version : Changing Email Addresses

tghamilton
08-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Is there anyway I can change my email address? When I signed up for SR last year I was very green about these things and just signed up using my regular email address - well needless to say - it is spammed like mad. So I am wondering if I can get a gmail account and change so that SR uses that one or am I stuck using this one for offers and personal email?

Tricia

jnorth1007
08-23-2007, 07:46 PM
I would leave my main account as the account you use for the SR website but use different ones for the offers. You dont have to use the same email for offers as you do for SR because everything tracks by userid and not email. I use my main email for SR so that I can be sure that the emails Tricia sends me dont get lost in the spam. I use gmail accounts to do offers so that I dont get all that spam to my main account. When I shop or do paid offers I use my main email so that I can be sure to get the confirmation emails. HTH!

jnorth1007
08-23-2007, 07:48 PM
BTW, there is a way to change your email address by going to the news and links page and then clicking on edit your account at the bottom right of the screen. It will give you an option to change the address that SR uses. This will ONLY change the address SR uses and not the one used by offers. Like I said above the one used by offers is all dependent on what address you enter in when you are doing the offers. This can be any active email address.

tghamilton
08-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I would leave my main account as the account you use for the SR website but use different ones for the offers. You dont have to use the same email for offers as you do for SR because everything tracks by userid and not email. I use my main email for SR so that I can be sure that the emails Tricia sends me dont get lost in the spam. I use gmail accounts to do offers so that I dont get all that spam to my main account. When I shop or do paid offers I use my main email so that I can be sure to get the confirmation emails. HTH!

This is going to be a dumb question - but here goes....

What is the difference b/t offers and paid offers? :confused:

jnorth1007
08-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Paid offers would be like Blockbuster, DIsney Movie Club, Disney Book Club, Book CLubs, things where you are paying something to do the offer and usually receive something. These would require credit card info. Regular offers are the ones that are freebies where you take what seems like a "survey" you click yes or no and then get the congrats message at the end. I only use gmail for those. I use my real email for anything that requires my credit card so that I can be sure to get their emails. HTH!

~Kathie
08-23-2007, 08:12 PM
This is going to be a dumb question - but here goes....

What is the difference b/t offers and paid offers? :confused:

Offers would be the 30ยข to $1.00 paying ones you get for filling in your email address or taking a quick survey. Paid offers are like Zooba, Netflix, where you get a lot more money and usually sign up for a membership.

I changed my email address for SR when I changed servers. It was easy and didn't cause any problems. But....as Janet mentioned, you may want to lkeep SR with your personal email and do the offers and other stuff with a alternate email account. Gmail is great for weeding out the spam.

tghamilton
08-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Thank you for clarifying!