PDA

View Full Version : Cindy...regarding the pin

mollyeilis
08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi SunshineCindy!

Thank you for the prompt sending of my pin. :)

The one hitch is that there might be someone else out there unhappy, b/c I ordered the Proud Member button, but got the Disney button. I can handle that, it's no biggie. Who is going to notice at DL that I have the wrong castle on a button, right? But someone excited to get Cinderella's castle who maybe got my pin might be a bit more disappointed.

If someone else contacts you and wants the other pin (in case it was what amazon calls a "switcheroo" where the wrong thing went into the envelope for more than one person), I'd be happy to swap with them.

It's so cute, though. :)

And feedback on how it arrived...there are three dents in the picture, caused probably by it being at the bottom of a stack of heavy mail, and having the pin-part being pushed through into the picture. Bubble wrap, I'm sure, would make a big difference, and I for one would pay a bit extra for the button to pay for said bubble wrap.

Thank you for getting it to me so fast, and if it wasn't a swap, it's no biggie, I don't need another, this one is fine. :sunshine:

Though for the future, maybe someone could make up one with Sleeping Beauty's castle? :p I can't- no photoshop, no photoshop skills, but someone.

sunshinecindy
08-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi SunshineCindy!

Thank you for the prompt sending of my pin. :)

The one hitch is that there might be someone else out there unhappy, b/c I ordered the Proud Member button, but got the Disney button. I can handle that, it's no biggie. Who is going to notice at DL that I have the wrong castle on a button, right? But someone excited to get Cinderella's castle who maybe got my pin might be a bit more disappointed.

If someone else contacts you and wants the other pin (in case it was what amazon calls a "switcheroo" where the wrong thing went into the envelope for more than one person), I'd be happy to swap with them.

It's so cute, though. :)

And feedback on how it arrived...there are three dents in the picture, caused probably by it being at the bottom of a stack of heavy mail, and having the pin-part being pushed through into the picture. Bubble wrap, I'm sure, would make a big difference, and I for one would pay a bit extra for the button to pay for said bubble wrap.

Thank you for getting it to me so fast, and if it wasn't a swap, it's no biggie, I don't need another, this one is fine. :sunshine:

Though for the future, maybe someone could make up one with Sleeping Beauty's castle? :p I can't- no photoshop, no photoshop skills, but someone.

Oh, I thought you wanted one with the castle...kept thinking Disney, and since the other doesn't have anything to do with Disney, that was stuck in my mind. I can send you the other. Sounds like the pin you have took quite a beating. You know, I am so sick and tired of the way the Post Office has been handling all the mail. Tricia got a big bubble wrap envelope today, a pretty big one, marked priority, and they beat the heck out of it. How do you rip those things. I have a hard time cutting through that bubble wrap. Tricia and I talked today about putting cardboard behind the pin so the actual pin part wouldn't bend, but that wouldn't help the front from denting. Sheesh, I am so disgusted with our postal service.

mollyeilis
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
No really, it's fine! Please don't bother. I only wanted to let you know, just in case someone else got the pin meant for me. :)

No one is going to notice, or hey, if they do, and ask me about it, that's more chance of my very first referral. ;) And it will be perfect for next year, if we get a chance to go to WDW (with or without the Sunshine Cruise).

sunshinecindy
08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Oh, no one got the wrong one, I process each of those individually, but based on what is happening with the pins, do you think it would be better to increase the price a little and bubble wrap the pins so they don't get damaged. The 1.50 right now barely covers the cost of the pin, and nothing for shipping. I think we need to add .50, what do you think?

mollyeilis
08-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I would definitely pay .50 credits more if the pin would arrive without dents in it. In fact I almost offered it, until I realized you sent the pins and Tricia sent the cards, b/c I felt so bad (postage-wise) about cashing out for them separately.

coastalgirl
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Cindy, I think increasing the price, if it saves the pin is worth it. Personally I would not want to pay for something that is going to come damaged, versus paying a little more for it to get here safe!!

Just my 2cents worth!!

Lydia

bs4free
08-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah I got My pin, and i knew it was the pin before i opened it, it had pin sized black markes all over the envolope, I would increas the price to ship them better, Mine only had one dent not bad, I love it, Some reason i thought it would be bigger, but i love it it looks great! Now to make sure i dont loose it at disney!

sunshinecindy
08-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Cindy, I think increasing the price, if it saves the pin is worth it. Personally I would not want to pay for something that is going to come damaged, versus paying a little more for it to get here safe!!

Just my 2cents worth!!

Lydia

Thank you all....done.

chipndale
08-24-2007, 10:22 AM
You know, I am so sick and tired of the way the Post Office has been handling all the mail. Tricia got a big bubble wrap envelope today, a pretty big one, marked priority, and they beat the heck out of it. How do you rip those things. I have a hard time cutting through that bubble wrap. Tricia and I talked today about putting cardboard behind the pin so the actual pin part wouldn't bend, but that wouldn't help the front from denting. Sheesh, I am so disgusted with our postal service.

As a former postal employee, all I can say is you would be amazed as to what goes on behind the scenes - and it is not like Disney!!!:rotfl:

bs4free
08-24-2007, 10:35 AM
As a former postal employee, all I can say is you would be amazed as to what goes on behind the scenes - and it is not like Disney!!!:rotfl:

So i take it you moved on to only hand delevering your mail in person, Because I know I dont like how UPS an Fedex handle the packages they get either....

Or do you just mail in Bomb proof and postal worker proof envelopes!

schachteles
08-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys for the thread...I guess I didn't even realize that we could buy the pins...so now I ordered one for our upcoming trip!! :cooldance:

sunshinecindy
08-24-2007, 10:49 AM
I actually just came from the post office and I told them how disappointed i was in everything I mailed out from there. I asked them how the heck they could put huge holes in a the bubble envelopes when you can barely cut them with a knife. She said it must have got hung up on the conveyor or some stupid *** comment. If you all can convince Tricia, I will be more than glad to handdeliver it all.

bs4free
08-24-2007, 10:56 AM
I actually just came from the post office and I told them how disappointed i was in everything I mailed out from there. I asked them how the heck they could put huge holes in a the bubble envelopes when you can barely cut them with a knife. She said it must have got hung up on the conveyor or some stupid *** comment. If you all can convince Tricia, I will be more than glad to handdeliver it all.

How much wine have you had this morning to think that we could convince Trica, to all you to handdeliver all the pins! I can just see her now running the math, and increasing the pin prices in the cashout options to 1,500.00 Credits. Well I guess thats not too many credits... Wait your in Flordia the Disney State... Mabey the Cashout option should be for us to come pick it UP!!!!! or handdelivered at Disney. Cindy i guess you had just the right amount, becuase your so smart! We cashout and come pick them up in FL. WOOT!!!!!

chipndale
08-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I was just going to suggest that we have to come pick them up in person. It would be another reason to make a trip to Florida.

chipndale
08-24-2007, 11:09 AM

Packages tend to get stuck in the convey belt - hence major damage to the packages. Even if you mark it as needed hand sorted - most end up being mass processed anyway. The best thing you could do is hand deliver them. :rotfl: You might try putting them in a small box.

mollyeilis
08-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Even if you mark it as needed hand sorted - most end up being mass processed anyway.

I definitely remember learning that while planning our wedding. Brides would be assured that they would be hand sorted, and they would arrive absolutely mangled. Others, who generally lived in very small towns with the time to do it, could successfully have them hand sorted and cancelled or whatever the word is, but nowhere near the people being promised that actually got it!

I volunteer to hand-deliver the buttons to the west coast, and if anyone wants to meet me, to pick up their button, in mid-September at Disneyland, I'm your messenger. I'll likely be eating my weight in food, or I'll be in line for Indiana Jones while DH takes DS on Buzz over and over and over. :p

bs4free
08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I'll likely be eating my weight in food,:p

And I thought Disney World was the only place that someone could eat their weight in food:rotfl:

jl8595
08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Cindy - I'd be happy to pay 2.00 for the pin. I was shocked it was only 1.50...and mine arrived unscathed (shockingly) - thank you!

mollyeilis
08-24-2007, 11:54 AM
And I thought Disney World was the only place that someone could eat their weight in food:rotfl:

Sounds like there's enough food there to eat the MOON's weight.

I was just going through the menus for DL, DCA, and DTD, and although we don't eat everything (we're vegetarian, which is why I wanted to know what was available at each restaurant so we don't waste our time), there's still a ton of good-sounding food. :p

bs4free
08-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Sounds like there's enough food there to eat the MOON's weight.

I was just going through the menus for DL, DCA, and DTD, and although we don't eat everything (we're vegetarian, which is why I wanted to know what was available at each restaurant so we don't waste our time), there's still a ton of good-sounding food. :p

YeaH at WDW we have alot to eat and when you get the Free Dining Plan on top of that WOW! you sure do not ever go hungrey!!!! We eat just about everything, but in my family i have a brother and sister who are verry picky so i too am glad for the menue sites so we can choose resturantes in advace that we know we will enjoy and have options for everyone!

I hope you have a great trip to DL I hoep to hear all about it, and congrats on your ticker its over $300 WOOT!!!!

cglaura
08-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Then we can take it one further and be like Where in the World is Matt Lauer (The Today Show...).

New SR Contest...Where in the World is Cindy! Well my clue would be, I'm in the middle of nowhere! :rotfl:

mollyeilis
08-24-2007, 06:34 PM
YeaH at WDW we have alot to eat and when you get the Free Dining Plan on top of that WOW! you sure do not ever go hungrey!!!!

That dining plan, especially while free, sounds just amazing. The so called dining plan at DL is ridiculous in any context, but especially when compared to WDW's dining plan.

bs4free
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
That dining plan, especially while free, sounds just amazing. The so called dining plan at DL is ridiculous in any context, but especially when compared to WDW's dining plan.

They have a dining plan, they actual call what they have a dining plan:rotfl: I dont know how people eat over there, I find it hard to find food at WDW and we have Hundreds of food locations lol!:rotfl: :rotfl:

coastalgirl
08-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Cindy, I just wanted to let ya know that my 2 pins came and they were in perfect condition! Thanks!

Lydia

eacatwork
08-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I got my Disney pin yesterday and it has a dent where the pin backing was pushed up into the button part. I am definitely in favor of increasing the credits required to account for postage. Until I found out from Tricia that the buttons and gift cards were coming from two different places, I also had inquired about combined shipping to save y'all some money. Heck...up it to $2 or even $2.50. That pin is worth it! I can't wait to pin it to my backpack at WDW and see who notices!

:sunshine2:

schachteles
08-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I got my pin yesterday...THANKS!! And it was in perfect condition!! :cooldance:

Squiddy
08-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Cindy. I never received my pin. If you have any extra that would be great!

sunshinecindy
08-30-2007, 10:47 AM
If anyone was a supermember the last quarter and you did not receive a pin, PM me with which pin you want, the Disney or Proud to be a member are your two choices. Send you full name and home addy so i can get it out to you.