PDA

View Full Version : ADR's for my August trip...comments??

speechteachri
05-02-2009, 08:41 AM
So now that we have our tip all booked...9 nts with free dining...I'm narrowing down the options. Here's what I will be shooting for so far:

Le Cellier (who doesn't try for this one?)
(alternates: Le Chefs De France, Rose and Crown , Tutto Italia)

Chef Mickey's breakfast (last day before we leave for home)

Ohana dinner (alternate, Kona dinner...I want to watch Wishes from the Poly beach after dinner one night)

Hoop Dee Doo Review (never done it...sounds like fun. If I can't get the first or second show one night, we might look at a signature rest...maybe Jiko or Cali Grill??.)

Boma (this is my top pick...my must have for this trip. I wanted to do it last trip, and dd and dh talked me out of it)

50's (alternate, Sci-Fi...dd really want to go back to Sci-fi, but I am trying to convince her to try something new)

Ragalan Road (no alternate yet...just really want to try it)

Yak and Yeti (lunch probably...dh really wants to try it...I am not too excited about this.)

Rainforest Cafe (love it)

Any opinions or suggestions??:)

3dog2kidmom
05-02-2009, 09:45 AM
So now that we have our tip all booked...9 nts with free dining...I'm narrowing down the options. Here's what I will be shooting for so far:

Ohana dinner (alternate, Kona dinner...I want to watch Wishes from the Poly beach after dinner one night)

Hoop Dee Doo Review (never done it...sounds like fun. If I can't get the first or second show one night, we might look at a signature rest...maybe Jiko or Cali Grill??.)

Boma (this is my top pick...my must have for this trip. I wanted to do it last trip, and dd and dh talked me out of it)

50's (alternate, Sci-Fi...dd really want to go back to Sci-fi, but I am trying to convince her to try something new)

Yak and Yeti (lunch probably...dh really wants to try it...I am not too excited about this.)

LOVE Le Cellier. Tutto is next on our list. Chefs at lunch was great!
Chef Mickey's... of course!
Personally I would go to 'Ohana. You can try to get it during Wishes... that was the highlight of the last day of our trip before last :heart:
Hoop De Doo -- never been but that doesn't appeal to me. We did Spirit of Aloha that we all LOVED if you need an alternate. I will NEVER EVER go back to Jiko -- we had absolutely ATROCIOUS service there.
Boma -- agreed. We loved this both times we've been there (with and without kids)
50's -- never been. My opinion... you are paying the bill so DD will enjoy wherever you take her ;) If you want an alternate for that, Mama Melrose was really good.
Raglan Road -- that's on my list someday too!
Yak & Yeti -- DH's favorite restaurant on property next to Le Cellier. We really enjoyed that one both times we've been there too (with and without kids).
Rainforest -- again, of course :D

Breeze88
05-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Are you going during free dining? The reason I ask is that Rainforest and Yak and Yeti are NOT included as they aren't "Disney" and those you have to pay out of pocket for.

Other than that, I love your choices and they're very similar to the ones we're doing when we go in August.

speechteachri
05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
LOVE Le Cellier. Tutto is next on our list. Chefs at lunch was great!
Chef Mickey's... of course!
Personally I would go to 'Ohana. You can try to get it during Wishes... that was the highlight of the last day of our trip before last :heart:
Hoop De Doo -- never been but that doesn't appeal to me. We did Spirit of Aloha that we all LOVED if you need an alternate. I will NEVER EVER go back to Jiko -- we had absolutely ATROCIOUS service there.
Boma -- agreed. We loved this both times we've been there (with and without kids)
50's -- never been. My opinion... you are paying the bill so DD will enjoy wherever you take her ;) If you want an alternate for that, Mama Melrose was really good.
Raglan Road -- that's on my list someday too!
Yak & Yeti -- DH's favorite restaurant on property next to Le Cellier. We really enjoyed that one both times we've been there too (with and without kids).
Rainforest -- again, of course :D

Thanks for the input. We did the Spirit of Aloha show on our first trip in 2005 and loved it....it's one of the reasons I want to go to Ohana. Seems like the food might be similar...gotta love that bread! We are actually probably part of the minority that really enjoyed the food there.

Thanks for the input on Jiko...I'm watching reviews on the DIS too.

We ate at Mama Melrose last time and were not impressed. it'll be either 50's or Sci fi for us as HS, or no table service at all there. There are too many other good alternatives.

Are you going during free dining? The reason I ask is that Rainforest and Yak and Yeti are NOT included as they aren't "Disney" and those you have to pay out of pocket for.

Other than that, I love your choices and they're very similar to the ones we're doing when we go in August.

Actually Y&Y is included in the Dining Plan, although Rainforest isn't and never has been, as far as I know. I actually have gift cards that will cover a dinner at RF for us and probably still cover at least part of a lunch at Y&Y, so we probably won't do these on our dining credits anyway....hence the need for a couple more rest choices!

schaery
05-02-2009, 06:53 PM

Glad you mentioned that. I was thinking about booking one of those 2 with free DDP.

schaery
05-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Actually Y&Y is included in the Dining Plan, although Rainforest isn't and never has been, as far as I know. I actually have gift cards that will cover a dinner at RF for us and probably still cover at least part of a lunch at Y&Y, so we probably won't do these on our dining credits anyway....hence the need for a couple more rest choices!

Okay, so maybe Y&Y is. That one's back under consideration then.

Breeze88
05-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Y&Y IS included and I'm sorry about saying it wasn't. That's what I get for not double checking what someone told me :blush:

Pooh's Pal
05-15-2009, 05:46 PM

Ohana dinner (alternate, Kona dinner...I want to watch Wishes from the Poly beach after dinner one night) :present:

:clap: You've got some AWESOME picks here Leslie!!
Glad we got all of them!!! ;) Gotta love having your personal TA!!! :rotfl:

(And a little shameless plug for myself...Just a note to anyone...I just found out that If you've already made your reservations directly through Disney, it's before your 45 day out mark and your final payment has not been made, and you feel the need to have a Travel Agent, feel free to contact me as I can take over your reservation!! So, if you want a travel agent help with your ADR's...I can do that and more for you, just contact me! :cool: )

schaery
05-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Don't know when you have Boma planned but they have a wonderful breakfast buffet.

~Kathie
05-16-2009, 12:49 PM

We've been to LeCellier......it's one of our favorites.
Been to Rose & Crown years ago and it was good. Been more recently and it was just ok.

Tutto Italia, thought it was overpriced for what you get, food was not great, and the service was just ok. Of course we were comparing it to what WE give for portions in our restaurant and what we charge. Hard to live up. :rotfl:

Been to Chef Mickey's last November for dinner. Seems to me they cut way back on the selections. Haven't been for breakfast.

Like O'Hana's but always feel rushed there. Food is very good.

Hoop de Doo Revue several times and loved it.

California Grill is a favorite of ours.

Been to Boma when it first opened. I know people swear by it but I wasn't impressed. Heard they changed the menu so maybe it's time to try it again.

Never been to Jiko or Yak & Yeti.

I would pick Prime Time 50's over SciFi anyday! Ask for an older server. The younger ones just don't have their heart in it.

We're going to Raglan Road in June and looking forward to that. I know Catherine has been....maybe she'll pop in with a review.

Have a great time.

speechteachri
05-22-2009, 09:13 PM
So here's my update on my dining ressies for our Aug. trip:

Thanks go to Pooh's Pal, our travel agent, who was able to get ALL of the ressies we wanted at ALL of the times we were looking for!!!:banana:

Here's the line-up:

Crystal Palace (L), check in day
50's (L)
LeCellier (D)
Ohana (D)
Ragalan Road (D)
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Tusker House (B)
Rainforest (D, DTD)
Boma...YEAH!! (D)

Whoo Hoo!!!:cooldance:

speechteachri
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
We've been to LeCellier......it's one of our favorites.
Been to Rose & Crown years ago and it was good. Been more recently and it was just ok.

Tutto Italia, thought it was overpriced for what you get, food was not great, and the service was just ok. Of course we were comparing it to what WE give for portions in our restaurant and what we charge. Hard to live up. :rotfl:

Been to Chef Mickey's last November for dinner. Seems to me they cut way back on the selections. Haven't been for breakfast.

Like O'Hana's but always feel rushed there. Food is very good.

Hoop de Doo Revue several times and loved it.

California Grill is a favorite of ours.

Been to Boma when it first opened. I know people swear by it but I wasn't impressed. Heard they changed the menu so maybe it's time to try it again.

Never been to Jiko or Yak & Yeti.

I would pick Prime Time 50's over SciFi anyday! Ask for an older server. The younger ones just don't have their heart in it.

We're going to Raglan Road in June and looking forward to that. I know Catherine has been....maybe she'll pop in with a review.

Have a great time.

Kathie...one of the reasons we decided against Tutto, and only had it as a backup, was because of all the GREAT italian food around here. Dh's response when I asked him if he wanted to try it...Why go to WDW to have "
Imitation Italian Food!!!":rotfl:

I'm really excited to try Ragalan Road and Boma...those were really my "must do's" for this trip.

I really wanted to try Jiko, but we decided against it in favor of trying another rest. we hadn't tried before. All of the places we are going to will be new for us, with the exception of Rainforest, which we love and we had to stick in there. We will probably try Yak and Yeti for counter service (although results are not great) or a last minute lunch.

We decided to try the Tusker House b-fast instead of Chef Mickey's, and it won't be our last day like we had planned. Instead, we will use that ressie to be in AK early, before the park opens. We decided because the reviews of CM lately haven't been so great, and TH b-fast reviews have been goo...and...dd wanted to "meet" Daisy, that we'd give TH a try...I'm looking forward to it!

Pooh's Pal
05-22-2009, 09:33 PM
So here's my update on my dining ressies for our Aug. trip:

Thanks go to Pooh's Pal, our travel agent, who was able to get ALL of the ressies we wanted at ALL of the times we were looking for!!!:banana:

Here's the line-up:

Crystal Palace (L), check in day
50's (L)
LeCellier (D)
Ohana (D)
Ragalan Road (D)
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Tusker House (B)
Rainforest (D, DTD)
Boma...YEAH!! (D)

Whoo Hoo!!!:cooldance:

Anytime my friend!! I want reviews when you come home!! ;)