PDA

View Full Version : Sept. F&W Festival

schaery
05-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Will be there for F&W Festival the last week of Sept. Never been so any comments on it will be appreciated. Is it really crowded? Will Monday be a good day to go? Hints on what to do and what not to do (or eat).

sunshinecindy
05-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Yes, it will be the last weekend. If you do a search, you will see my entire post from last years when I went. This year will be my 6th one. Monday would be a good day, pretty much only locals during the week and some die hards, and not as many kids.

schaery
05-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks. I'll look for your F&W review.

BTW, I love your "quote". One of my favorite sayings. In fact, I wrote it on the wall in blue calligraphy in my craft room. (Yes, I draw on my walls, and don't get in trouble for it). I smile every time I read it cuz it reminds me of my ex. When I was little, I used to pull down our attic stairs and push my slinky down it.......just the thought.....:angel:

~Kathie
05-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Food & Wine begins September 25th and ends November 8th.

The 25th is a Friday and that first weekend will most likely be very crowded. During the week is a much better choice. If you go during the evening hours they have the Eat to the Beat concerts.

We usually spend a couple of days doing food and wine. First day we waltz around checking things out, taking our time and eating our way around World Showcase. 2nd day we hit the things we missed and go back to the things we liked.

You will love it.

PSL1013
05-03-2009, 10:07 AM
We go every October, the weekends are usually very crowded, so going on a weekday is much better. I'm wondering if it will be less crowded this year because of the economy? Every country will have a little booth of their own set up in front of their respective country and there are also some different booths of different countries spread out in different places all around that are not even in Epcot normally, samples usually cost around $3-$4 and you will find some you love and some you don't like or don't even want to try...we will go back multiple times during the week and sample the ones we really like again (and again). I personally love the Plum wine in Japan. Don't make too many dinning reservations, we make that mistake every year thinking we will be hungry for a sit down meal in the evening and usually end up canceling a few of them because of all the munching that we do. :angel: This is my favorite time to go to WDW.

schaery
05-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Glad you made the point about the dinner ressies because I was trying to decide which country to make ADRs at. Are the samples just a bite-size or big enough to share - so we'll have more money to try more things, plus this is a bit of a low-budget trip. Sounds like we should hit the other parks over the weekend and EPCOT on Monday and maybe Tues. morning. Going to MNSSHP Tues. night.

PSL1013
05-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Glad you made the point about the dinner ressies because I was trying to decide which country to make ADRs at. Are the samples just a bite-size or big enough to share - so we'll have more money to try more things, plus this is a bit of a low-budget trip. Sounds like we should hit the other parks over the weekend and EPCOT on Monday and maybe Tues. morning. Going to MNSSHP Tues. night.

The samples are usually 3 or 4 bites each, we share some of them..especially the first time around if we aren't too sure if we will like them, some are bigger than others. There are a lot of different booths to try but you won't want everything at everyplace...some of the offerings don't appeal to some people! :blush: We still do a few of our very favorite sit-down dinning, just not every night. :rotfl:

fanofree
05-03-2009, 01:14 PM
We love F&W!

We always hit the World Showcase early - go in as soon as it opens and it won't be as crowded as later in the day. As mentioned, weekdays are less crowded then weekends.

Sometimes we do not make any ADR and have the "samples" as our meals for that day. We place "snack around the world" as our meal on our master schedule. That way we can try more goodies. WDW meals are so filling, if we eat, we are not hungry enough snack much.

Have fun and I'm jealous!!!!

schaery
05-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Well, I've got 4 more months to hopefully do lots of surveys so we can afford to snack around the world. SR shopping does help but I'm trying not to spend so much and save more for our trip.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

Love2Shop
05-04-2009, 10:40 AM
We will be there around the same time and it's our first F&W too. We were planning to go mostly during the week and spend time at the other parks on the weekends. I read on the DIS that you can use snack credits at the booths (except for alcohol). I asked a CM about it and they confirmed it. I plan to bring some cash just in case, but most of that will probably get used for drinks, Grand Marnier slushie anyone? :rotfl:

schaery
05-06-2009, 10:49 PM
We will be there around the same time and it's our first F&W too. We were planning to go mostly during the week and spend time at the other parks on the weekends. I read on the DIS that you can use snack credits at the booths (except for alcohol). I asked a CM about it and they confirmed it. I plan to bring some cash just in case, but most of that will probably get used for drinks, Grand Marnier slushie anyone? :rotfl:

Thanks for telling me about the snack credits. We hardly ever use all those, and just use them for snacks for the drive home.

Yeah, we're gonna go to DHS and AK on Sat. and Sunday, then EPCOT on Monday and probably Tues. a.m.