PDA

View Full Version : Question about big offer credit hold.

MaineMama
08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I just read my sunshine email today and it said that all big offers would be put on credit hold till 9/15. I'm just wondering what qualifies as a big offer and why are they held? Thanks!

m 'n c
08-24-2007, 01:59 PM
A big offer would be something that is over $3 in credits (I may be wrong). They are put on hold until the 15th of the next month because the advertisers don't pay SR until after the end of each month after they have gone through all signups to make sure they aren't fraudulent. Unfortunately before the new rules at SR Tricia lost a bit of money on fraud signups where people were signing up and cancelling really fast and she couldn't revoke the credit on them because of course they had already cashed out via paypal.

I don't think anyone has had an issue since the new rule has been put in place where they have had credit revoked after it showed up as pending so I wouldn't worry about that part of it.

JillyFish
08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
I would say that offers that are put on credit hold are offers where there is the possibility of you cancelling or returning something. If you do an offer only to get the credit and then cancel or return quickly, the advertisers consider this fraud and won't pay. If they don't pay Tricia, she can't pay you. So it is just a policy that had to be set up to protect Sunshine Rewards.... which, if you think about it, is totally understandable.

Oops! Just realized that m 'n c and I were typing at the same time again!

SunshineGirl
08-24-2007, 02:11 PM
You are both pretty much right. :)

Interestingly, we have seen the number of offers that advertisers have actually revoked credits on go down to almost ZERO since we implemented the new policy. Which is great because it makes our advertisers trust us more. I think putting the policy into place was enough to scare the fraudsters away from even using SR.

jnorth1007
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I just read my sunshine email today and it said that all big offers would be put on credit hold till 9/15. I'm just wondering what qualifies as a big offer and why are they held? Thanks!

You will know that a credit has been held as soon as it hits your account because it will be have the words 'credit hold" next to the amount on your account history. There will also be a release date listed there. Typically if something is done in one month (i.e. 8/1 - 8/31) and it is a hold offer, it will be held until the 15th of the following month. This allows for the advertisers to look at the credit and pay Tricia for it before Tricia looks at it and pays you.

These offers are typically paid offers where you are "trying" something for a free trial period. These would be things like the As seen on tv, Netflix, Blockbuster, Book Clubs, Simply Karen and things like that.

cglaura
08-24-2007, 05:10 PM
You are both pretty much right. :)

Interestingly, we have seen the number of offers that advertisers have actually revoked credits on go down to almost ZERO since we implemented the new policy. Which is great because it makes our advertisers trust us more. I think putting the policy into place was enough to scare the fraudsters away from even using SR.

That's great news! :clap: