PDA

View Full Version : Disney Adventures Magazine

disney_girl
08-25-2007, 08:22 AM
I ordered a subscription to Disney Adventures a few weeks ago. Well, I just found an article stating that they are discontinuing this magazine and November 2007 will be the last issue. I'm guessing that they will give you the option of a refund or to apply your subscription to another publication (not sure which others there are though).

The article in Advertising Age says "Disney attributed its decision to an effort to better focus resources and maximize long-term growth potential through new magazine and book initiatives."

So, just wanted to give you a heads up in case anyone else was planning to order this one! Since had I known this, I wouldn't have ordered!

Sahmy
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to see how long is left on my subscription and what they are going to offer.

arob414
09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks, the kids have already started school sales and this is one we always order. We will pass this time. But, my kids loved it.

disney_girl
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I'm disappointed they won't have this anymore. Still haven't heard anything on my subscription yet. I guess we can hope that they will come out with something else good.

jnorth1007
09-05-2007, 10:16 PM
This is crazy. I just got a phone call yesterday saying that my subscription would be expiring in a month or so and asking if I wanted to renew. I said no because I always buy it through my nieces magazine sales at school. I cant believe they would try to sell me a renewal knowing it was not going to be continuing. :(

Sahmy
09-08-2007, 11:56 AM
I sent an email asking about this and what they would be doing ($ or another subscription). Here is the reply I received:

We have no information at this time, you will be notified when information becomes available.

If you should need further assistance, please be sure to include all previous e-mail correspondence.

Thank you for subscribing to Disney Adventures.

Sincerely,

XXXX

m 'n c
01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
bumping up since someone just ordered. Can anyone confirm if it was discontinued and what happened?

jnorth1007
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I ordered this magazine through magazines.com for christmas and they sent me Sports Illustrated Kids instead and said that DA was no longer available. They didn't even give me an option to get a refund or exchange for a different magazine. Just "here ya go this is what we have"