PDA

View Full Version : Ok, losing my mind...what am I forgetting to do??

Magical JenK
08-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey everyone, thought I'd ask for your help...we leave in a little over a week & it feels like I'm forgetting to do something.

-I have all my SR earnings ready to go. I'm going to call to make sure the balances on the GCs are the same as I have written on them.
-I have confirmed all my ADRs & printed out the list.
-I continue to check the Nationalcar website to get a lower price & have printed out the coupon.
-I have checked the weather (although I don't put anything in that, just need to check it).
-I have checked the TSA rules & am confused about the quart size ziplock baggie...does lipstick go in the baggie? I thought I read that carmex should?
-I have a ride to & from the airport
-I have started a list of what I need from Super Target when we get there (including baby carrots to get my veggies in!!)
-I'll pack next weekend & I'm pretty sure I know what I"m going to pack, except for our dinner at Cali Grill...still not sure what to wear....

Ok, what else? Ohh I know something I never looked into...I now have a Disney Visa...there's a place in Epcot that you can get a free 5*7 photo w/characters right? Where is that? Anyone know? Anything else I could do w/the Disney Visa? (err..except to buy things!!) Oooh, I know...tell me where I can find the place in DTD where I can have my Disney rewards moved to my Rewards card! My statement will cut off while we're in Disney so I haven't moved any of my rewards...and I could move it all right, just needs to be a min of 10?? Is that right?

Sorry to be such a space cadet, but I feel like I'm forgetting something major.

Any help would be appreciated. :hugs:
Jen

DisneyMa
08-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Well, I don't fly (Disneyland is too close for us to fly) and I have never been to DisneyWorld. So, I can help with the Disney Visa.

If you have a Disney Rewards Card, you can transfer your reward dollars at any time. We always seem to be down south when the statement ends (giving us more reward dollars:D) so I just call the 800 # and have them transfer all my dollars to my Rewards card. I have heard you can do this at city hall on Main Street, but I have never done it.

I would definately take your Disney Visa and ask for discounts anywhere you go. We have done the free picture (Disneyland) and the free stroller. We have used the discount on purchases. I would ask, never hurts ya know?

Have a great time.:minnie: :mickey:

bs4free
08-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey everyone, thought I'd ask for your help...we leave in a little over a week & it feels like I'm forgetting to do something.

WOOT! evey day its getting closer and closer... lets see about the list...

-I have all my SR earnings ready to go. I'm going to call to make sure the balances on the GCs are the same as I have written on them.

Yep! Great Idea, I have doubel checked mine and get the ready, If you have disney visa rewards you might want to get the transfered to your rewards GC!

-I have confirmed all my ADRs & printed out the list.

Always good to have them, Mines still in excell still call and trying to make a few last minute changes!

-I continue to check the Nationalcar website to get a lower price & have printed out the coupon.
Nothing wrong with makeing sure you get the lowest Price WOOT!

-I have checked the weather (although I don't put anything in that, just need to check it).

All i am checking is that we have no new fourming TS, TD our the dreaded H word!

-I have checked the TSA rules & am confused about the quart size ziplock baggie...does lipstick go in the baggie? I thought I read that carmex should?

This i can help, i just re read the rules as i was packing my 1 quart size baggie. The safest and best rule to follow is any larger liquids or liguids taht you can do with out in your checked luggage, and only bring 1 quart size baggie per person on carryon, in that put any liguids, or gels, under 3 oz in containar size in that 1 quart size bag that must easily close! I would put in lipsticks, or anything that might even be considerd a liguid or gel in your 1 limited bag if you got the room, best to be safe then have to discard it!

-I have a ride to & from the airport

WOOT! No parking fees!

-I have started a list of what I need from Super Target when we get there (including baby carrots to get my veggies in!!)

Yummy Baby Carrots! they are the best! and Super Targets are fun! remember your going to disney so it best to have the list to have more time to enjoy the parks!

-I'll pack next weekend & I'm pretty sure I know what I"m going to pack, except for our dinner at Cali Grill...still not sure what to wear....

Ok, what else? Ohh I know something I never looked into...I now have a Disney Visa...there's a place in Epcot that you can get a free 5*7 photo w/characters right? Where is that? Anyone know?
Character Meet 'N' Greet
Exclusive Character Meet 'N' Greet Event offered daily between 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM at Innoventions West at Epcot®.
Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for admission (limited to 6 people per card).
Each Cardmember group will receive one complimentary 5x7 group photo with Disney characters; additional photos will be available for purchase.
Separate theme park admission required.
Operating times, days of week, and appearance of Characters may vary. See Guest Relations for more information.

Anything else I could do w/the Disney Visa? (err..except to buy things!!)
10% merchandise discount on select transactions of $25 or more

Discount is available at the World of Disney® store in the Downtown Disney® Marketplace at Walt DisneyWorld® Resort when you mention this offer.
A $25 minimum pre-tax single transaction purchase is required to receive discount.Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, videos, DVDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, film, Lladro, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, other collectibles and select merchandise.

20% off the non-discounted price on select tours
Receive 20% off the non-discounted price when you present your valid Disney Rewards Visa Card at time of purchase of the following tours:

Magic Kingdom® Park

Disney's Family Magic Tour
Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
Mickey's Magical Milestones TourEpcot®

Disney's Yuletide Fantasy
Gardens of the World
Hidden Treasures of World Showcase
Simply Segway Experience
The UnDISCOVERed Future World
Disney's Dolphins in Depth
Epcot® DiveQuest
Epcot® Seas Aqua ToursDisney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park

Wild by Design
Backstage SafariDisney-MGM Studios, Epcot® and Magic Kingdom® Park

Backstage Magic tour begins at Epcot® and makes stops backstage at Disney-MGM Studios and Magic Kingdom® Park.
In addition, a 15% discount off the non-discounted price is offered on the Around the World of Epcot® and Behind the Seeds — Epcot® tours.Discount is not available on the following tours: VIP tours, programs exclusive to groups (Disney by Design, Innovations in Action; Inspiration: Through Walt's Eyes), group team-building programs (Making The News, Pluto's Pursuit, RadioActivity).

Most tours require separate theme park admission. Tours can be booked for up to 10 total guests. Cardmember must participate in the tour. Some tours have age and other restrictions. May not be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions. Subject to availability. Offer is subject to change without notice and may be subject to additional terms and conditions.

Oooh, I know...tell me where I can find the place in DTD where I can have my Disney rewards moved to my Rewards card! My statement will cut off while we're in Disney so I haven't moved any of my rewards...and I could move it all right, just needs to be a min of 10?? Is that right?
If you have never gotten a disney rewards Gift card before then you must have 20 for your first cash out! then 10 after that!

Missed the chance to order a Disney Rewards® Card before your trip?
If you have at least 20 Disney Dream Reward Dollars®3 in your account, you can get a Disney Rewards Card issued at these guest relations areas:

Downtown Disney® Marketplace
Downtown Disney® WestsideBe sure to bring your Disney Rewards Visa Card and a valid photo I.D.

Plan your trip at Walt Disney World® Resort

And this is where you can you your rewards card gift card
See list for Walt Disney World® Resort (http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/cardbenefits/wdwredemptionlocations.html)

Sorry to be such a space cadet, but I feel like I'm forgetting something major.

Any help would be appreciated. :hugs:
Jen

No problem Jen, I love to help, and hope that i have if you have any more questions just post and i will try to be more clear, and help some more!

Have a great Trip! WOOT!

schachteles
08-26-2007, 12:26 PM
When in doubt put it in a baggie, when I went to Vegas in May I had to put my mascara and foundation in the bag, so I am sure that lipstick would need to be too.

As for the pictures at Epcot, those are GREAT, a MUST DO multiple times when we go. It is at either the Innovations East or West I cannot remember which one, but it has the firetruck. I think that it is open from like 1 to 4:30. The caracters rotate, unfortunately for us we have never gotten Mickey and Minnie together, I hope sometime we will. You can take your time, have your photopass ready because they will be snapping!!

As for your VISA, remember you get a 10% discount at the World of Disney on any purchase over $25 so that is really nice. Other then that and the picture I am not sure the other "benefits". There is a kiosk at DTD that people are applying for the cards, I think that you can do the points there though I never have done it before.

HAVE FUN!!

Kittykat
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
The Disney Visa Meet 'n Greet is nearly impossible to find...or at least it was for us!

It is on the perimeter wall inside of Innoventions, across from the firetruck. It is very unobtrusive and I can't tell you how many times we walked around Innoventions before finding it! Sometimes they'll have a velvet rope out--but basically it's just a spot on the black wall where you walk through a black curtain!

So if you can't find it...dont' give up! :)

speechteachri
08-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Make sure you get to the meet and greet a little before they close. We went back to our room every day, and one of our days decided to go there first to get our pic. Well, our bus ran late that day, so we were RUNNING to get there in time. By my watch we still had 5 min left when we got there, but they were closing up. I said to the girl, I thought you were open until 4:30, and it's not that time yes, we still have a few minutes. She was really snotty about it. Her response was...Well it's 4:30 by my watch, so we're closed now, and she closed the curtain in my face! I was SO MAD!!!!!!!
So we never did get our pic on our trip, even though it was one of the Must do activities on my list.

As far as the Disney Visa...I am assuming you have already ordered your rewards card. It does take a couple of weeks to receive the card. Once you have it, you can transfer the rewards to it anytime. Wait until your statement day then call to confirm your rewards amount and transfer them. You do have to have a minimum of $10 rewards to transfer.

I use rosebud salve on my lips instead of lipstick. (it is in a tin like carmex) I put it in my ziploc just in case. I was told that lipstick does not have to be in a ziploc, but if it is something you don't want to have to replace, I wouldn't take any chances.

3dog2kidmom
08-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Jen,

Make sure if you are eating in the castle that the person who made the ADR (assume that is you!) has her photo id or you won't get in. They should have told you this, but they did not tell me when I made the reservation at first, but did tell me when I changed it. So make sure you have that.

Also if you are planning to get drinks at anywhere besides MK (no liquor there ya know), you will very likely get carded so be sure to keep your ID with you. I'd never been carded there (c'mon... I'm 43 -- kind of beyond that now!), until we went to WCC last trip. I think the "kid" waiter was just trying not to make me feel badly because he wanted to card my friend who was about 10 years younger and pretty cute, LOL.

I can't believe you're only a week out!!! You must be too excited to sleep!

cglaura
08-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Don't forget to confirm hotel and air...

Fax or call any room request info, I think 5 days out. I heard calling and being very pleasant and "gee would it be at all possible if...." works best!

Have a great trip!

pattip03
08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Did you stop the paper? This is the #1 thing I tend to forget.
Have a fabulous time! :minnie: :sunshine: :mickey:

Magical JenK
08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks Everyone!! Great info & reminders! I haven't done the flight confirmation yet & I'll have to remember to check-in online 24 hrs prior...(that's more for me than you)!

We don't get the paper, so no worries there. I have printed out what Bryan posted & then printed out some other Disney Rewards info...I'm sure when I get home I'll find the original info, but I figured why take a chance.

As for the Character Meet & Greet at Epcot...last year, we stumbled across a meet & greet...I can't remember where it was exactly in Epcot (building wise), but it's on your way to the Land Pavallion?? Anyway, do you think this is the same meet & greet & now I just get a free photo? Do I just pick up that free photo at Guest Relations in Epcot? And it's one photo per visit right? So if we go to Epcot 3 times during the course of our stay, I could get 3 photos?

I do already have my Disney Rewards card, I just didn't want to transfer the rest of my rewards until the statement cuts off so I can have more!

And yes, I was told to have my ID ready for the CRT ressie! Thanks for the reminder!! I can only start to imagine what transpired in order to have this rule!! Sad.

As for the hotel requests, since we booked through AAA I can't remember when Disney gets my ressie & since we arrive super late (after midnight), I don't want to send ahead my requests anymore than my TA already has on it. I'll ask when we get there if we could get a King room, w/tub in an always non-smoking building...that's not asking a lot at midnight is it?! :0) But if we can't get it that night, I'll ask again in the morning the possibilities of moving. We're there for 11 nights, I'm hoping there's some magic for us!!

Thanks again everyone!

Oh one last question...where in Epcot is the Cokes from around the World? Whenever I get to Epcot I really get confused....I have done my homework, I swear!

m 'n c
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh one last question...where in Epcot is the Cokes from around the World? Whenever I get to Epcot I really get confused....I have done my homework, I swear!

Its in the innovations east wing I think. Its the "cool" zone or something similar. Oooh be on the lookout for the muppets in Epcot. I think its beaker and the other lab one riding around on a bike and interacting with guests.

3dog2kidmom
08-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Oooh be on the lookout for the muppets in Epcot. I think its beaker and the other lab one riding around on a bike and interacting with guests.

OMG, DH LOVES the muppets!!! Is this new? How long will they be there? I hope until January!!

And Jen, don't forget to stop your mail. You can do this online now at usps.com.

Magical JenK
08-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Its in the innovations east wing I think. Its the "cool" zone or something similar. Oooh be on the lookout for the muppets in Epcot. I think its beaker and the other lab one riding around on a bike and interacting with guests.

OMG! DH is deathly afraid of muppets!! All muppets! We can't do Muppets 3D because DH will run out on me!! :rotfl: What a tough guy I've got!! :p

I love Beaker though. He was always cute! Thanks for the info!

Shelly-Thankfully I have a great neighbor who is going to get my mail & feed my kitties everyday so I don't have to worry about the mail!!

m 'n c
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
It was just on the Dis. Let me search for that thread. Its a test thing so no telling how long it will be out for. I'm sad that I'm not going soon to see it. Its something they do at DCA and are trying at Epcot.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1557673&referrerid=&highlight=Muppets+in+Epcot

There was a better thread but you all know how difficult it is to search for anything over there. :(

3dog2kidmom
08-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks, M 'n C! I haven't been on the DIS too much lately since I don't have much time left after this forum. But I'll check that out!

bs4free
08-27-2007, 10:32 PM
If you talking about the Muppet Mobil Lab which looks really cool here is a youtube video of it at epoct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lrm_CgQW4s

bs4free
08-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks Everyone!! Great info & reminders! I haven't done the flight confirmation yet & I'll have to remember to check-in online 24 hrs prior...(that's more for me than you)!

We don't get the paper, so no worries there. I have printed out what Bryan posted & then printed out some other Disney Rewards info...I'm sure when I get home I'll find the original info, but I figured why take a chance.

As for the Character Meet & Greet at Epcot...last year, we stumbled across a meet & greet...I can't remember where it was exactly in Epcot (building wise), but it's on your way to the Land Pavallion?? Anyway, do you think this is the same meet & greet & now I just get a free photo? Do I just pick up that free photo at Guest Relations in Epcot? And it's one photo per visit right? So if we go to Epcot 3 times during the course of our stay, I could get 3 photos?
The characters are always changing all during the day that they are open so stop in!, Also its one free photo per day per card holder, so if you have one account and DH has another seprate account then you could get 2 photos per day! I think you get the photos at the kodak lab over under spaceship earth, not 100% on that!

I do already have my Disney Rewards card, I just didn't want to transfer the rest of my rewards until the statement cuts off so I can have more!

Yeah. i just did the math on mine as well since it will change cycles while i am at disney and i know what i need to leave to have atleast 10 to move over, and i am moving the rest over tommorw just so i know i have it at the start of the trip!

And yes, I was told to have my ID ready for the CRT ressie! Thanks for the reminder!! I can only start to imagine what transpired in order to have this rule!! Sad.

I have no idea, I did crt in 2005 when it was not a fixed menu and it was great have not tried it again since it went back to being a 2 ts on the dining plan! Let me know how it was

As for the hotel requests, since we booked through AAA I can't remember when Disney gets my ressie & since we arrive super late (after midnight), I don't want to send ahead my requests anymore than my TA already has on it. I'll ask when we get there if we could get a King room, w/tub in an always non-smoking building...that's not asking a lot at midnight is it?! :0) But if we can't get it that night, I'll ask again in the morning the possibilities of moving. We're there for 11 nights, I'm hoping there's some magic for us!!

Thanks again everyone!

The cokes are from Club Cool over on by the fountian of nations opsite mousegears! You must drink a full glass of ever one and report back! Thats a magical request!

Enjoy your trip and checking in at midnight WOW! I would want a bed asap!

have a great trip!

Magical JenK
08-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Well it's only going to be 11pm my time, but no doubt I'll still be tired & ready to be at Disney!! :0) I can almost imagine myself there!

As for CRT, I refuse to use 2 TS credits for lunch (needed the characters if we're at the castle!!), so I'm using some of my SR money for that.

Oh, no I won't be drinking Beverly...I know that much! DH on the otherhand doesn't!! :0)

bs4free
08-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Well it's only going to be 11pm my time, but no doubt I'll still be tired & ready to be at Disney!! :0) I can almost imagine myself there!

As for CRT, I refuse to use 2 TS credits for lunch (needed the characters if we're at the castle!!), so I'm using some of my SR money for that.

Oh, no I won't be drinking Beverly...I know that much! DH on the otherhand doesn't!! :0)

You know about that ehhh! Ok Well get DH good on that one, Go in quickly and bring it to him and let him drink it frist before everyone warns him! :rotfl: Its not that bad with the gingrale Chaser!

Yeah way to expensive for a lunch! Glad you found a use for all the SR Money :rotfl:

I hope you have a great trip and we see each other at the MNNSHP!