PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace - Lunch

LuvMyBoys
08-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Ok, we just broke with our tradition on not eating TS in the parks and booked Crystal Palace lunch for our trip.

Any reviews? The menu looks really interesting and the pics on the Dis look good, so hopefully it will be great! :)

coastalgirl
08-27-2007, 11:39 AM
We did this when we were there in May! The food was good and the table we had was perfect! My kids really enjoyed seeing pooh and all his friends! The only thing I would do different is we had the first lunch booking after breakfast. It was crazy! You have to wait for all the breakfast people to leave before they let lunch diners in! I would have made ressies later if I had known it was going to be so crazy! Other than that is was great. Once they started letting lunch in we got in really quick! On the upside the food was all fresh and hot. Plus we knew it had not been just sitting for awhile! :)

I liked this one better than LTT! I hope this helps you! My kids asked for it again for our next trip!

Lydia

LuvMyBoys
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
We did this when we were there in May! The food was good and the table we had was perfect! My kids really enjoyed seeing pooh and all his friends! The only thing I would do different is we had the first lunch booking after breakfast. It was crazy! You have to wait for all the breakfast people to leave before they let lunch diners in! I would have made ressies later if I had known it was going to be so crazy! Other than that is was great. Once they started letting lunch in we got in really quick! On the upside the food was all fresh and hot. Plus we knew it had not been just sitting for awhile! :)

I liked this one better than LTT! I hope this helps you! My kids asked for it again for our next trip!

Lydia

Thanks Lydia, that sounds great!! Whew!! :sunshine: I was a little nervous about going to a buffet, but it sounds good! We have a 1pm ADR so hopefully that will give it time to clear out, but won't be at the peak of lunch either. I can't wait!! :cooldance:

SunshineGirl
08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
When our girls were younger, we went there EVERY single trip. LOL! We don't go as much now because they are starting to get into different things, but we always had a great time (even the year that one of them LOVED pooh but all of a sudden cried when she saw him after building it up for weeks!!!). The food is really pretty darn good. It's more "hotel buffet" quality than "old country buffet" quality. I'm a bit picky and found lots of stuff that I liked.

faithhope
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
We go each trip for lunch. Everyone can find something they like. I loved the salmon last time... I usually end up eating too much. My kids love the mac & cheese.

My girls enjoy seeing the pooh characters. I love that it is in the park, so we don't have to waste time with travel to and from.

As my girls are getting older, I'm waiting for the day they say they don't want to see pooh anymore, but my 10 year old still loves the food and being silly with the characters, so I'll book it again this year.

Faith

LuvMyBoys
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks guys for all of the great feedback, I'm even more excited now!! :sunshine2:

I love salmon and flank steak, and bread pudding so those all look good to me! And cheese pizza and chicken tenders for the boys will be big winners.

I really didn't want to leave MK for dinner and then come back, so this will work wonderfully! :love:

bs4free
08-27-2007, 01:49 PM
I am going to be trying this one for the first time every for dinner next week! I am glad to hear all the great thought you have about CP! makes me glad that i booked that ADR. I do not think i have ever had a bad meal at disney, just some are way better then others but all are good and Yummy!

LuvMyBoys
08-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I am going to be trying this one for the first time every for dinner next week! I am glad to hear all the great thought you have about CP! makes me glad that i booked that ADR. I do not think i have ever had a bad meal at disney, just some are way better then others but all are good and Yummy!

Are we going to get a trip report and/or dining report when you get back?? What other TS do you have planned? :)

bs4free
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Are we going to get a trip report and/or dining report when you get back?? What other TS do you have planned? :)

Going to try and do a tr and since i love food, dining would be included the list

This is just the TS, we have 14 counter services to use too
Dinner Place TIME
1-Sep Whispering Caynon WL 6:20 PM
2-Sep Maya Grill CSR 5:45 PM
3-Sep Coral Reef Epcot 6:10 PM want a Chef france or LeCellier
4-Sep Sci-Fi MGM 4:10 PM would like a better time
5-Sep Crystal Palace MK 6:35 PM
6-Sep Ohana Polly 6:30 PM
7-Sep LeCellier Epcot 8:50 PM Want a better time
8-Sep Chef Mickey Cont 6:10 PM
9-Sep Chef France Epcot 6:00 PM or coral reef w/ vip illuminations epcot 5:30:00
10-Sep Kona Cafe Polly 6:20 PM
11-Sep Cape May Beach 6:10 PM
12-Sep 50's Prime Time MGM 5:00 PM
13-Sep Concourse Cont 6:00 PM
14-Sep Liberty Tree Tavern MK 4:20 PM hope they let us in at 4pm with our MNSSHP tickets!

LuvMyBoys
08-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Going to try and do a tr and since i love food, dining would be included the list

Dinner Place TIME
9-Sep Chef France Epcot 6:00 PM or coral reef w/ vip illuminations epcot 5:30:00
14-Sep Liberty Tree Tavern MK 4:20 PM hope they let us in at 4pm with our MNSSHP tickets!

Great, I cannot wait to read it!!! Especially your reviews of WCC, CP, and Maya Grill. :cooldance:

m 'n c
08-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I have never been but everyone's posts are making me want to try it next trip. I'm going to have a very hard time deciding where to go as I loved each one we went to last year (minus 50s prime time and Hollywood and Vine restaurants)

bs4free
08-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Great, I cannot wait to read it!!! Especially your reviews of WCC, CP, and Maya Grill. :cooldance:

have done wcc before but Cp and maya grill are both new to me! I hope you will enjoy reading it!

chipndale
08-27-2007, 11:59 PM

Dinner Place TIME

You made me hungry just reading where you will be eating. You have some of my families favorites. Everyone in our group loves Crystal Palace. I second what Tricia said - I am a picky eater(more so how food is prepared and looks) and I can always find food to eat at CP. Even my father who is way more picky than I, loves CP. My kids and Dh love the character interaction. Who doesn't love pooh and tigger?

bs4free
08-28-2007, 12:02 AM
You made me hungry just reading where you will be eating. You have some of my families favorites. Everyone in our group loves Crystal Palace. I second what Tricia said - I am a picky eater(more so how food is prepared and looks) and I can always find food to eat at CP. Even my father who is way more picky than I, loves CP. My kids and Dh love the character interaction. Who doesn't love pooh and tigger?

I guess my food photo rich tr when i get back will make you starving!

Now all of you on the exercise program my TR is not at fault for you gaining weight while reading my tr ok!

chipndale
08-28-2007, 12:10 AM
I guess my food photo rich tr when i get back will make you starving!

Now all of you on the exercise program my TR is not at fault for you gaining weight while reading my tr ok!

I love to eat at this time of the day/night. Yes, your report with pictures will make me crave some of my Disney favorites. OH how I wish we were going to Disney soon. It seems like forever since we were there(May 2007). :rotfl:

bs4free
08-28-2007, 12:11 AM
I love to eat at this time of the day/night. Yes, your report with pictures will make me crave some of my Disney favorites. OH how I wish we were going to Disney soon. It seems like forever since we were there(May 2007). :rotfl:

Wow I have been planing since before you went! LOL dreaming and Planing!

I hope you had a great trip, and hope you get to return soon!

coastalgirl
08-28-2007, 09:58 AM

You sound like me! We were just there in May and it feels like it has been forever! :rotfl:

Lydia

chipndale
08-28-2007, 10:44 AM
You sound like me! We were just there in May and it feels like it has been forever! :rotfl:

Lydia

Yes, it does seem like forever! I think that my problem is that I don't have a trip to plan for some time. We are not going back to Disney until December 2008 and it is too early to start and make ADRs. :rotfl: My mom and dad are going down this December and I have made most of their plans. Oh how I miss the planning.