PDA

View Full Version : Got a new development idea...thoughts?

SunshineGuy
05-14-2007, 11:33 PM
-Favorite Merchants-

Some ability to mark certain merchants as one of your favorites. Then have emails come to you when new coupons/discounts get posted for your favorite merchants and maybe a page of quick links to your favorite merchant links to get shopping done quickly.

What does everyone think?

I haven't talked to SunshineGirl about development priorities yet, but would this be a good thing to get on the site?

zoodoyle
05-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Sounds very useful!! I especially like the idea of getting emails about new coupons/discounts at favorite shopping sites!!

wilsonfamily4
05-15-2007, 12:54 AM
I agree, neat idea

lilianddomsmom
05-15-2007, 02:34 AM
i love that idea

Joni
05-15-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree - I think it's great!

jnorth1007
05-15-2007, 10:27 AM
This is a great idea. Maybe emails when things are added to the news page. I check that constantly throughout the day because I don't want to use a link in the shopping thing if there is a better deal on the news page. Ex. a few weeks ago when Disney was 6% on the news page but still 4% on the shopping page. I had to keep remembering to shop on the news page. I love the idea of a favorites because I have like 4 merchants I shop through all of the time: Disney, itunes, and shoebuy are the most used.

Mom2aPrincess
05-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I like this idea...another one I've thought of is getting a simple text based email whenever we get a credit in Sunshine...This would be great. For example, I signed up with Disney Books yesterday and I am logging in constantly just to see if that has been credited...it'd be nice to know that I'd be notified instead of having to login to just check that one thing.....

:)

SunshineGuy
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I like this idea...another one I've thought of is getting a simple text based email whenever we get a credit in Sunshine...

Hmm...I will have to think about the complexity on this one. The actual code that I would need to write to make this happen would not be very hard. However, with the number of transactions we do each day, the server would be pretty busy just trying to send out all the emails. But I will think about this and try to come up with some sort of solution.

Mom2aPrincess
05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Maybe just for transactions over a certain amount?

Or maybe only one a day each evening with any transactions added that day? And only to those that have some money added.....

And you could make it opt-in so it wouldn't be everyone?

Just some ideas to narrow down the traffic...I hadn't thought of that, but as I do some web/database design, I knew enough to know the code wasn't that difficult to write.

cdnmickeylover
05-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Not sure if this is under the right thread but my suggestion -- since I'm from Canada a lot of the offers redirect me to a different site than what was originally intended. At least I'm assuming it's a different site. I don't complete these offers since I don't know if I'll get credit for them or not.

Would it be possible to have in the posting for the offer whether or not it's available outside the US? I realize that some of them do already but could all of them?

Don't know if this is possible or not.

Fiona