PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness All Terain Segway Tour Needs to STAY!!!

kimntrent
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
We went on the Fort Wilderness Segway tour on Saturday. OMG!!!! It was so fun. The problem is that they don't have the budget for it so unless it picks up they are going to scratch it. They need 10ppl per tour 2 times a day. If anyone has thought about this but haven't done it you have got to book it now. You will not be disappointed. It is an adventure you will not forget. I wish I could tell everyone about it but I am starting here. I know you get a Disney Visa discount, Annual passholder discount, and DVC discount.

Kim

Kycha
08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
I wasn't even aware that they had a segway tour in Ft. Wilderness. I only know about the Epcot one. Can you tell me more about the tour? Where do they go? How much? Anything you can think of. Thanks!

kimntrent
08-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Thats the sad part. They try to launch something but Disney doesn't give them the time of day for funds to advertise it and none of the cast members when you call to book a tour even tell you about it. We heard about it on our tour in Epcot and just watched to see when it came about. It starts at Ft. Wilderness and you go through your 1/2 hour safety demo and learn how to ride one. If you have ridden one at Epcot these are totally different and a lot funner to drive I think. They have these big tires on them and you can go over rough terrain like nothing. Then after you are done with that you go on a tour of Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. They take you to the stables and tell you all about the horses and show you the all those cool things. They take you on parts of bay lake that you never get to see. Just a lot of fun things. The epcot one is more interesting as far as parks go this one is more fun and adventures. The cost is about the same as the epcot tour. I don't know for sure how much becasue it was a gift but the price is well worth it.

Kim

Magical JenK
08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Sounds like a lot fun! Hope the rest of your trip was just as fun!

losassok
09-06-2007, 12:29 PM
We'll be there in October. Do you think I should call to reserve this in advance? We are staying in the cabins so we'll be close anyway.

kimntrent
09-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes I would highly recommend it. I sure hope it got to stay because it is really cool.

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Just wanted to update this thread...this was in the Allearsnet.com newsletter today:

After a limited test run earlier this year, the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour is now a permanent offering at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Tour participants can take a Segway X2 Personal Transporter to view the scenery of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Wilderness Lodge. Call 407-939-8687 (WDW-TOUR) for more details.