PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars and Disney Gift Cards

missymouse
04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
By far my favorite reward so far is the Disney spending money. I am hoping to earn enough to pay for all the souveniers and extras on our next trip.

snshnrwrdsfn
05-01-2007, 12:10 AM
I am right there with you missymouse. Saving all those Disney gift cards and Disney Dollars makes for a much more pleasant vacation! :clap:

Lucinda
05-01-2007, 06:34 AM
I also have to agree with both of you. I love the disney gift cards we're going on our first disney cruise in feb and they will come in handy on the cruise. :clap:

linanglab
05-01-2007, 08:34 AM
YES YES YES!!!! I love the Disney rewards. This is how I can add a few "extras" to our vacation. Whether it is an extra meal or a couple extra nights. A great way to save!!!!

MdCaterer
05-01-2007, 09:10 AM
The Disney rewards are what got me started and they are great!!

speechteachri
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok, when I started, I was cashing out for regular giftcards....Target, then Kohl's when they were added. Now, I must admit, I have seen the light!!!:rotfl:

Now I am cashing out for Disney, realizing that it might be my only way to budget for another trip sometime in the next few years!

If I'm able to save anywhere near what I have in the past year, I'll be well on my way to paying most of a trip with GC's!!:)

Joni
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm saving up those gift cards too. It will be great to give each of my kids one to use on the next trip!! Not to mention paying for half of the trip:)

lenzs4
05-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I am here for the Disney money!!! I have paid for a trip to Disneyland (well all the fun stuff, I already have tickets) and now I have finished paying for my Oct Disney cruise - just on this sight alone! I have started working on my '08 cruise!!!

Shirley

sally16b
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I love the special Disney gift card cash outs!!!!:party:
Hoping for another one again real soon!!!!

Mom2aPrincess
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Disney here too! :) We are going in December so I've decided (unless an awesome cash in happens before then) to just save up until November and then cash out...Hoping this will be enough to give everyone some spending money and pay for any oop expenses.

m4travels
05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
We're cruising on DCL in early December and spending a few days at the park afterward and those Disney gift cards have taken care of what should be MOST of our onboard expnses (those drinks add up!)

We've got a few more months to pay for the dining plan while staying at the resort and I think those will be covered as well.... as long as I can keep shopping!

Michael

Magical JenK
05-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Disney Rewards is what got me started too! Who knew what a greedy monster a little clicking would produce!! :) I couldn't be happier! Because of rewards I'm able to plan a surprise trip when we didn't think we could afford one at all! Now...just waiting to yell SURPRISE!! :clap:

disneypartyof4
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Thia site is great going in Aug. All the disney GC cards will come in handy since we wissed out on the free dining this year! But can't wait!!

CindyS
05-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Count me in for those Disney GC's! I'm well on my way to paying for our April 2008 trip :cooldance:

Soccer Princess
05-01-2007, 09:07 PM
I love Disney Gift cards! I already have our Dining Plan and MVMCP tickets for our December trip paid for and now I'm going for souvieners and booze money lol! :) I would LOVE to have another special Disney cashout soon!

mommyoftwinfants
05-01-2007, 11:44 PM
just a heads up if you are using your GC's to pay for your packages make sure you keep the actual card because if you cancel your package they will credit it back to your original GC. I put all of my empty cards in a box with a sticky on them saying what I bought with them and where. Like DS.com/#123456 or DS/beach towels or DCL/deposit

3dog2kidmom
05-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Disney Rewards is what got me started too! Who knew what a greedy monster a little clicking would produce!! :) I couldn't be happier! Because of rewards I'm able to plan a surprise trip when we didn't think we could afford one at all!

Jen that is so funny!!!! I am the same way. And to think, this uninformed girl went on her very first Disney trip in 12/05 without even knowing about the Disney Visa, had never heard of rewards sites, nothing.... then a bit over a year later she went to Disney and DCL with $1100 in FREE money! Now the greedy monster is after $2200+ for her next trip!

Magical JenK
05-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Jen that is so funny!!!! I am the same way. And to think, this uninformed girl went on her very first Disney trip in 12/05 without even knowing about the Disney Visa, had never heard of rewards sites, nothing.... then a bit over a year later she went to Disney and DCL with $1100 in FREE money! Now the greedy monster is after $2200+ for her next trip!

I know! Isn't it great?! Unfortunately, I didn't even know rewards sites existed until December 2006...after 3 Disney trips where I thought I knew EVERYTHING :rotfl: But at least I'm Reward Savvy now! I'm only to $500, but every little bit helps and right now it's all going towards the package payoff, after that, I'll be clicking for OOP meals, gifts, etc! I can't wait!!

~Kathie
05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
just a heads up if you are using your GC's to pay for your packages make sure you keep the actual card because if you cancel your package they will credit it back to your original GC. I put all of my empty cards in a box with a sticky on them saying what I bought with them and where. Like DS.com/#123456 or DS/beach towels or DCL/deposit

Great idea!! That happened to me with Barnes and Noble. My order was cancelled and they put the $$ back on the gc. You guess it....GONE. :headache:

I called them and they cancelled that one and issued me another one. Thank goodness.........and lesson learned.

Anna
05-03-2007, 11:39 PM
I love Sunshine Rewards! The Disney Gift Cards are da bomb!
They are great to give to the kids to budget their purchases!

Hoping for another great cash out soon for my trip at the end of the month!

Thanks for the great job you do Tricia!!!

:cooldance:

Anna
05-04-2007, 03:26 AM
;) Oh, yeah, definitely! I LOVE the Disney Gift cards especially for vacations!

linda23p
09-04-2009, 12:18 AM
going to disney :mickey: oct 4th and the disney dollars are going to help:party: