PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Paranoia

TxAggies
06-15-2009, 04:52 PM
I am thinking about doing my first-ever SR cashout and thinking about using Paypal. However, I have never used it before and I am super paranoid about linking it to my bank acct etc. Can someone please reassure me that it is safe lol?!! Do y'all link it to your main checking acct or set up another bank acct just for paypal purposes? :confused:

I guess I am worrying needlessly. However, I must confess that I just this past week took the leap into the 21st century and began online banking.

My SR money is going to be my extra spending $$ for our upcoming Disney trip. I was originally going to do a Disney gift card, but I leave exactly 6 weeks from today and I am thinking that would not allow sufficient time for it to arrive since it says 4-6 weeks. Correct?

So that leaves me with paypal. If I cashout this week and request paypal, the $$ should be in my account when I get home from Disney so I can "reimburse" myself.

Anyway, if any of you paypal pros want to reassure a newbie and help her get rid of her paranoia, it would be appreciated! :)

loretta32965
06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I have used Paypal to cash out every month for quite a while. I've never had a problem and deposit is in there when promised. Usually I get an email from Helping Moms Connect around the 1st of the following month alerting me to the Paypal deposit. I simply log in to Paypal and transfer the funds directly to my linked checking account. Usually 2-4 business days the deposit is in my checking. It's very convenient!

m 'n c
06-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Paypal is great and I have 2 bank accounts connected to it and haven't had any problems. Just make sure when you sign up you are doing a personal, free account. Do not upgrade to premier/business/platinum (basically anything over the most basic account type) as you will encounter fees from paypal if you do.

wilsonfamily4
06-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I hav eused paypal for years and for 2 years here at SR. I have never had any problems but I would emphasize what Catherine said about making sure you have the basic free account and do not upgrade at all.

It is very easy to use and it will walk you through each step after you have cash in the account and need to deposit it to your account.

I also cash out for paypal about half of the time here at SR. It is nice having the cash.

Have fun in Disney!

TxAggies
06-15-2009, 06:03 PM
:thanks: Thanks to everyone who responded with the good thoughts and advice. I feel better and am going to give it a go!! And I will be sure to sign up for the "basic" account.