PDA

View Full Version : ADR's now online

Hedy
06-17-2009, 09:26 AM
http://adisneyworldafterall.blogspot.com/2009/06/online-dining-reservations-are-live.html

I'm curious to see how it works (but also kind of glad I used a TA for this trip)

m 'n c
06-17-2009, 09:32 AM
I just saw that in the All Ears newsletter. I was curious about it so I decided to check it out. The neat thing is when you pick a date and time and where you want to eat they also give you other restaurants around that time that have openings in case there is something better available that you didn't think about or didn't think would have an opening.

I only went to page 2 so I didn't enter the security code to get my reservation number (I'm assuming that happens next).

Love2Shop
06-17-2009, 10:38 AM
I have mixed feelings about the online system. I have had problems with Disney's sites in the past so I am hoping the adr system will be better. That being said, I am excited to try it. I can make my adr's for my next trip on the 27th!:woohoo:

I just got back from a quick trip to WDW and all I can think about is going back!;)

m 'n c
06-17-2009, 11:28 AM
I think I'll do like I do for the first day Free Dining opens up - get on the phone and online and see where I can book first. Hopefully their system won't bog down badly over this. I know FD can be a nightmare online when it is released.

Magical JenK
06-17-2009, 02:58 PM
I only went to page 2 so I didn't enter the security code to get my reservation number (I'm assuming that happens next).

You actually can continue to search or "check out" your cart...THEN you get your confirmation #. So if you get LeCellier on your search, CHECK OUT immediately!! :rotfl: Then you can go back in & continue on searching, but I think those that are hard to get, you'll probably want to check out right away.

I see some pros & some cons to it. I actually posted a comment to the blog in Hedy's original email, gotta love that Rikki!! :sunshine:

schaery
06-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Used the online service making 90 day ADRs last Saturday. I was also holding on phone at the same time just in case the online service wasn't working right. Made all my ressies in 20 minutes so no need for holding on the phone anymore. :clap:

llori77
10-02-2009, 03:44 PM
I am excited to book adr's online for our next trip!

askomsky
10-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Just got word (nothing official) from a friend who just came back that starting sometime this month the ADR's are going back to 180 days?

llori77
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Just got word (nothing official) from a friend who just came back that starting sometime this month the ADR's are going back to 180 days?

That is true!!! Starting October 27, you can book up to 180 days in advance!!! Guess the 90 days wasn't working out too good!!

fourfoxesinpa
10-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Does anyone know what time of day you can start making online reservations? Is it the same as when the phone lines open - or can you call at midnight? Tomorrow's our day.

Thanks!

fourfoxesinpa
10-08-2009, 07:37 AM
FWIW, I tried to make online ADRs at 6:15 am and kept getting the "system too busy" message. Picked up the phone at 7:03, got an operator within a minute and had my ADR booked for pre-marathon-pasta Tony's Town Square by 7:06. Still couldn't get in online. So, I'd say be on the computer and the phone if there are hard to come by ADRs that you're looking for. Wasn't going online supposed to make this easier? :)

~Kathie
10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
FWIW, I tried to make online ADRs at 6:15 am and kept getting the "system too busy" message. Picked up the phone at 7:03, got an operator within a minute and had my ADR booked for pre-marathon-pasta Tony's Town Square by 7:06. Still couldn't get in online. So, I'd say be on the computer and the phone if there are hard to come by ADRs that you're looking for. Wasn't going online supposed to make this easier? :)

In theory.......as long as the system works!!! :rotfl:

I have found that sometimes the system gets bogged down and like every Disney Website, those who design it don't use it so it is torture.

A few days ago I was unable to get a reservation for 2-5 for the Brown Derby online so I called and was able to make one for 2. Was told nothing else available. Got online yesterday and was able to make one for 3 people at the same time. So if you don't get what you want....keep trying.