PDA

View Full Version : 19 days to D'Land, got my documents today...

mollyeilis
08-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to share. OK so I shared on some crazed Dis-ney fan site already. But I felt like doing so here.

Because I can say "we have enough left (after my disneyshopping excursions) in SR-earned Disney gift cards to upgrade our tix to APs", without confusing people. :p Upgrade with cards, or could pay cash for that upgrade and get that much worth of souvenirs (though mine are already purchased, with those disneyshopping excursions, LOL). Or that many beignets from Cafe Orleans. Or that many...you get the picture.

The Costco Travel (they go through WDTC) Disneyland package is cute, with little areas for the tickets, for the preferred seating passes Mickey's ToonTown Morning Madness passes, etc. Very cute. I was going through it methodically, as I love to do, and my 3 year old picked it up and dumped it on my lap. DH cringed, and I looked up and said to DH "he doesn't know me that well yet, does he?" :rotfl: I must look through things, in the way they arrived, something like 3 times before just spreading it all out. I'm a goof.

Anyway, they're here, they're here! We're 19 days away from D'land, and only 12 days away from leaving in our car for our CA trip, and I have NO idea what we're going to pack (other than my disneyshopping excursion clothes), but who cares?! 19 days!

OK I really gotta tone down this excitement or my brain my explode.

Hedy
08-29-2007, 09:44 PM
:cooldance: :cooldance:

Mandi
08-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Yay! :cooldance: I remember when I first booked a DLR trip and got all my packet stuff. I think I read and reread everything at least a dozen times. :)

Getting AP's is so worth it, as long as you'll go at least one more time in a year. Have you decided when you're going to upgrade? I would say be sure it's after EE but that won't matter since you're onsite. So I'd do it the first day so you can get the 10% on food. That adds up quicker than you'd think, especially if you're doing any character meals.

mollyeilis
08-29-2007, 10:35 PM
:) I keep getting my brain confused, thinking of that. Since the bulk of our planning was when we were staying at Carousel, I kept thinking we'd upgrade the last day, for EE reasons. But now that we have it through PP, we can do it whenever. So we'll probably do it the first day.

Do you know what restaurants give the discount? Does Blue Bayou?

Tonight after DS goes to sleep, i'm going to look over the packet and our TripTik from AAA over and over...

About the APs, since we might not see my brother on this trip (he lives in San Diego and is going to try to come up, but his wife will be traveling for work and can't make it), we have a few days that DH will take off in early December. We plan on doing just one day on that trip, and if we do NOT upgrade from our 5 day PHs, we will have wasted money by buying those one-day tickets.

And we want to go a few more times to see my brother, b/c he's nice and lives in a good place and DS loves his uncle. So you can see all those one-day passes really adding up!

Mandi
08-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Do you know what restaurants give the discount? Does Blue Bayou?

Every restaurant gives the 10%, with the exception of the ODV's. So even the restaurants in the hotels will give you a discount. Also, most restaurants in DTD do too (if not all?). I know RFC does for sure. Just show them your AP prior to ordering. So it definitely benefits you to go ahead and upgrade right away since you don't have to worry about the EE deal. :)

mollyeilis
08-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Ooh that's so good to know.

RFC, I *finally* got my permanent Safari Club membership card with the $10 coupon! Whew. Since we're actually leaving on the 10th, I felt like that was getting a little too close. Wonder if the AP and Safari Club discounts can be combined...hmm...;)

What is ODV?

Mandi
08-29-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm not a Safari member so I can't say with 100% certainty, but I believe you can combine both. :)

ODV= outdoor vendor. So you can't get a discount on things like popcorn, churros, sodas, ice cream, etc from those outdoor carts. The only place you can get a discount on that is sort of like an ODV is the Tiki Room. So 10% off those yummy Dole Whips. :cooldance:

mollyeilis
08-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Oh of course!

I can't wait to try my first Dole Whip.

But I'm really just on the edge of my seat to get some beignets (I have a whole thread on the Disneyland area of Dis dedicated to questions about those), probably from that Ralph Brennan restaurant in DTD, but maybe at Cafe Orleans just for the ambiance.

I :heart: beignets, and haven't been to New Orleans in TOO long, so these will have to do!

Mandi
08-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Never had a beignet. But I'm not a big donut person. Now the Dole Whips... :pig: :rotfl:

Well crud. They've definitely made some changes. :( I went onto the AP site and pulled a list of the discounts as far as dining. Here's a list... the Deluxe AP's are the 3rd number, so 10% across the board. Premium AP's are the 15%

Disneyland
Bengal BBQ 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Blue Bayou 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Blue Ribbon Bakery 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Cafe Orleans 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Carnation Cafe 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Tomorrowland Terrace 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
French Market 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Golden Horseshoe 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Hungry Bear Restaurant 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Plaza Inn 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Rancho del Zocalo 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Refreshment Corner 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
River Belle Terrace 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Stage Door Cafe 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Toontown Dining 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Village Haus 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day

DCA
Ariel's Grotto 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Award Wieners 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Baker's Field Bakery 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Burger Invasion 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Corn Dog Castle 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Cove Bar (food only) 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Golden Vine Bar (food only) 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Pacific Wharf Cafe 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Pizza Oom Mow Mow 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Taste Pilots' Grill 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
The Vineyard Room 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Wine Country Trattoria 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day

DLR Hotel restaurants
Croc's Bits and Bites 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Disney's PCH Grill 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Goofy's Kitchen 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Hook's Pointe 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Hearthstone Lounge 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Lobby Bar 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Lost Bar 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Pool Bars (all hotels) 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Steakhouse 55 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Storytellers Cafe 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Top Brass 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
White Water Snacks 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Wine Cellar 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day
Yamabuki 10% 10% 10% 15% Every Day

DTD
Anne Geddes 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
AMC Theatres® 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Basin™ 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day Not during Special Events
Club Libby Lu 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Compass Books and Cafe 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
ESPN Zone® 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day Not on Holidays / Special Events
Fossil 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Häagen-Dazs® 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Hair Wraps 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
House of Blues® Anaheim 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day Before 5 p.m.
Illuminations 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Island Charters 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Jamba Juice® 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
La Brea Bakery Cafe 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
LEGO® Imagination Center 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day Not during Special Events
Pearl Factory 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Rainforest Cafe 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day Before 4 p.m.
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen® 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day Max. Discount of $40
Something Silver 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Starabilias® 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Tom Kelly Caricatures 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day
Tortilla Jo's 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day Not during Special Events
Wetzel's® Pretzels 10% 10% 10% 10% Every Day

Hopefully that'll help. Notice a few (including RFC) only offer the discount before a certain time of day. So you might want to do them for lunch one day instead of dinner if you want the extra 10% off.

mollyeilis
08-29-2007, 11:40 PM
That was incredibly helpful! Thank you!

Good info about RFC. I heard that they have a good breakfast, and I looked up their menu on, hmm, allears?, and it did look good. Since I don't think they make b'fast appetizers, lol, maybe that discount would be good if they go there one morning.

I told DH today that I'm not going on any rides. I'm just going to eat the whole time. :rotfl:

DisneyMa
08-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Congrats on your AP!! I always pull mine out and ask for a discount, it seems to always change?!

I would upgrade early in the morning. As the day goes on the AP line grows! Rainforest Cafe is yummy all the time. ESPN Zone has the best lunches:eat: Do you have any reservations for character meals? Goofy's is our family fav!:D

Well, let me be one to welcome you to California. Have fun at Disneyland º0º

mollyeilis
08-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks!

We have Lilo and Stitch booked. That will probably be the only one we do, since it was included in our package (not free like they pretend it is...the price was almost to the penny the cost of everyone else + ch.b'fast).

And we have the first reservation (literally the first for that day!) booked for Blue Bayou, so as long as DS doesn't get scared of being in such a dark restaurant we should have a nice lunch there. Or maybe just a cookie boat. Not sure if we're willing to risk the portobello dish (or rather, risk the 25 bucks per!), since I've heard both good and bad things about BB.

bs4free
08-30-2007, 12:59 AM
WOOT have a great DisneyLand Trip I think you will be gone before i return from my trip so best wishes and have a great trip, The travel doc do help make it so very real!

WOW DL AP's Rock comapred to WDW's AP's for discounting!

ItsmeSunnyV
08-30-2007, 01:43 AM
YAY Molly!!! I cant wait to read your TR!! Also I've been wanting to tell ya, I :heart: Being able to talk to ya over on the DL boards, It's nice having an SR friend over there. :)

Veronica

mollyeilis
08-30-2007, 02:00 AM
It is fun to have allies, isn't it?

Though if only we had the same screen names! :rotfl: Sometimes I'm worried I'll say something to someone, only to find that I already "know" them. I should have just stuck with bumbershoot (actually I *should* have just stuck with hobbitfeet, like I am on mouse planet, b/c I like that name best). :p

OregonGirlie
09-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Congrats on getting your docs. Our arrived last week (Wednesday) too. :)

We're driving down I-5 too (we're about an hour south of portland).

We leave September 11th, and will be in the parks the 13-16, and get home the 18th. So we're right before you guys.

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading to AP's too, but on the other hand, I don't know that we'd go down at least twice in the next year (I'd like to go at Christmas time, and then again in spring before the crowds). We're building a house right now, and saving for a Fall 08 Europe trip, so if we get AP's we'd have to postpone the Europe to Spring 09. I'm torn. I love traveling to different places, but I also love Disney. Perhaps if I could trust myself to not go all out for each Disney trip we could do it. As it is we're at the DLH, 4 character meals, the kids have custom made Disney outfits, custom scrapbooked autograph album, etc... That stuff alone practically doubles our trip LOL.

Anyways - have a great trip. :) We'll be driving a black Expedition, so wave as we head past you on I-5. :rotfl:

mollyeilis
09-01-2007, 09:22 PM
We have a silver grey boat of a car, a Grand Marquis (sorry, it's a new-used purchase, I didn't pick it out or see it until it was a done deal, and I'm still a bit weirded out by having such a biiiiig car, LOL). :)

Sounds like an AP isn't right for this year for ya! I purposely got the 5 day hoppers, so it's just a little bit more to get the basic out-of-state AP. :p

Custom made Disney outfits, wow! You're busy! Too bad we'll just be missing each other.

Mandi
09-04-2007, 02:05 PM
I thought about you the other day. I stopped by HoDe and got both green and yellow Mickey heads to hang on my stroller. Are you planning on getting the Mickey heads too? Maybe we'll see each other that way? :)

m4travels
09-04-2007, 04:22 PM
We leave September 11th, and will be in the parks the 13-16, and get home the 18th. So we're right before you guys.

I'll be wearing my SR button the night of the 14th and on the 15th. If you're in line for Nemo first thing on Saturday you might catch sight of me! We usually try to get to Carnation for breakfast on Sundays (the 16th) so if you're in the park that morning you might see us there as well! I'm pretty sure I'll be the only guy at DL with a SR button!!!

Michael

mollyeilis
09-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I did get some alien green and laser beam mickeys today. :)

We're getting very excited!

But today DH's mom called all annoyed, because she needs him here to help her move. Why him? Because her older son wants to go on vacation, even though we've had this planned since BEFORE February (Feb being when we made the Costco reservation), and it's paid in full, no backing out now. And although this was planned around my HS reunion in CA, we also made a purposeful decision to NOT vacation in Oct or Nov, in case she needed DH. See, last year we were on vacation in San Diego when DH's father went into the hospital, and he died the day after Thanksgiving (never leaving the hospital). So we figure she might need him during that time. So we try to leave in Sept, she decides to move, we have it ALL planned for Thursday...and now she doesn't want to move to that place just yet. :confused: This is NOT our problem, woman, and NO, Dh is not coming home 6 days early from this vacation, just to supervise her hired movers.

Grr.

OregonGirlie
09-05-2007, 01:10 AM
We just went to Home Depot yesterday to get some mickey heads. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with them. I have a few ideas, just need to tinker with them. :)

I'm going to be keeping my eye out for other laser beam mickey heads and/or SR buttons (I don't have one). :)

mollyeilis
09-08-2007, 04:25 PM
9 days 9 days 9 days.

We leave on Monday (driving), but then are being sidetracked by family and HS reunion....but then it's Disney, baybee...

You know all this, but still. 9 days. :p

ItsmeSunnyV
09-08-2007, 04:54 PM
:cooldance: Yay Molly, it's almost here!!!:cooldance:

Mandi
09-08-2007, 10:50 PM
9 days 9 days 9 days.

Woo! :cooldance: It's 8 days for us. :cooldance:

mollyeilis
09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
8 days 8 days. :)

Right now I'm TRYING to pack everything (but tomorrow's clothes), but DS is just not having it.

I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to wrap some baby shower presents with DS running around, and how STUPID those presents are going to look in the least xmas'y xmas-time paper I have. :confused: My friend is watching DS while I go to the shower today (this is the FIRST time he will have been babysat, can I get some hugs?), and I'm borrowing her car, and we're on a timetable so I doubt I could stop at a store then wrap them in proper paper in time. :confused:

I personally wouldn't have minded a baby shower present in silver sparkly (with tiny stars) paper, but she might. And if she doesn't, her friends will.

Ooh wait, I could snag a card and call her baby the little superstar...that would tie it in. It would still be pathetically obvious, but at last SOME effort is there.

(I sooooo got SR credits for buying these baby shower presents, by the way)

Anyway, gotta try to get DS to sleep 30 minutes before my friend gets here (which might upset HER, but will make ME happier), gotta wrap the pressies, gotta get myself dressed and hair done (my new haircut has to have something done to it, or it just looks thhhppppttttthhhht...why don't hair stylists get that I want to put Aveda Humectant in it, let it dry, and have that be THAT with my hair?) and makeup on. Do the shower, come home, collapse, pack more, wait for DH to get home, unload junk from car, load car with stuff....wash a few more clothes, wash and dry sheets (from a thread elsewhere I got the concept of having clean sheets for when you get home from vacation and it sounded lovely)....TRY to sleep....get up, GO!!!!!!

Speaking of SR credit. Pretty much the only things we've purchased for this trip have gotten SR credit. We didn't get it for a portable dvd car-charger (radio shack's shipping was too too high and we didn't have the time), DH's new swim trunks (on mega-sale at Penney's to be picked up at a store in the bay area), and food.

Augh, this was so much more do-able when DH was going to work on Monday and we were only getting to Portland that evening. But he got the day off by working on Labor Day, and now our plans are to get to Roseburg, and we want daylight while we do that, so we have to be done with all of this tonight!

ItsmeSunnyV
09-09-2007, 03:51 PM
8 days 8 days. :)

Right now I'm TRYING to pack everything (but tomorrow's clothes), but DS is just not having it.

I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to wrap some baby shower presents with DS running around, and how STUPID those presents are going to look in the least xmas'y xmas-time paper I have. My friend is watching DS while I go to the shower today (this is the FIRST time he will have been babysat, can I get some hugs?), and I'm borrowing her car, and we're on a timetable so I doubt I could stop at a store then wrap them in proper paper in time.

I personally wouldn't have minded a baby shower present in silver sparkly (with tiny stars) paper, but she might. And if she doesn't, her friends will.

Ooh wait, I could snag a card and call her baby the little superstar...that would tie it in. It would still be pathetically obvious, but at last SOME effort is there.

(I sooooo got SR credits for buying these baby shower presents, by the way)

Anyway, gotta try to get DS to sleep 30 minutes before my friend gets here (which might upset HER, but will make ME happier), gotta wrap the pressies, gotta get myself dressed and hair done (my new haircut has to have something done to it, or it just looks thhhppppttttthhhht...why don't hair stylists get that I want to put Aveda Humectant in it, let it dry, and have that be THAT with my hair?) and makeup on. Do the shower, come home, collapse, pack more, wait for DH to get home, unload junk from car, load car with stuff....wash a few more clothes, wash and dry sheets (from a thread elsewhere I got the concept of having clean sheets for when you get home from vacation and it sounded lovely)....TRY to sleep....get up, GO!!!!!!

Speaking of SR credit. Pretty much the only things we've purchased for this trip have gotten SR credit. We didn't get it for a portable dvd car-charger (radio shack's shipping was too too high and we didn't have the time), DH's new swim trunks (on mega-sale at Penney's to be picked up at a store in the bay area), and food.

Augh, this was so much more do-able when DH was going to work on Monday and we were only getting to Portland that evening. But he got the day off by working on Labor Day, and now our plans are to get to Roseburg, and we want daylight while we do that, so we have to be done with all of this tonight!

Goodness woman, you have me tired thinking of all the running around you have to do. I got tired for you. LOL Well have fun at the shower, I dont think the wrapping paper should be an issue. Dont worry about your DS he'll be just fine. Have fun!!!:) :p :)

mollyeilis
09-09-2007, 09:15 PM
baby shower = done

1st babysitting for DS = done (and my friend got to see the behavior change, for the worse, in DS as soon as I walked in...he was mellow and then got crazy...he is mellow for DH alone, too)

most clothes = packed

Now just waiting for DH to get home so we can pack the car (we have a secure garage so it's as safe as it can be in the car). Only then will I be able to think clearly (and see what's leftover that we need).

mollyeilis
09-10-2007, 10:54 AM
We're getting ready to pack the car and GO!!!!! Mandi, maybe we'll somehow see you next week. :sunshine:

Mandi
09-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I should have my mickeyheads (yellow & green) on the stroller. :aok: Stop by and say hi if you see me for sure. :)

Hope you have a great trip!

OregonGirlie
09-11-2007, 06:39 AM
We're leaving for Disney in a few hours. :)

I'm actually sick (thus why I'm still up) - so I'm a little worried about a 14 hour drive. I've had a cold for (head cold - ugh) for 4 days now, and last night I got a nasty migraine and then made myself sick from my migraine meds. Oy. DH is starting to get my cold too.

Hopefully DH & I will feel better by the time we get there! The kids are pumped. :)

wilsonfamily4
09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
You guys have me jealous. We haven't done DL yet as a family just WDW. We don't plan to do DL until the kids are a bit older and we will drive down and back through the redwoods and the beach, etc. (It was the same price to fly to Orlando as LA so we decided to just go to Orlando. Not ready to do the drive with our kids yet.) Are you guys doing the Alladin show there? I saw it on the travelchannel and it looks incredible but only in DL! If you do can you let me know how it is?

ItsmeSunnyV
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
If you do can you let me know how it is?

I'm not Molly, but I have seen it, and it's amazing. It's funny, romantic, and fun for everyone. I recommend it. :p

wilsonfamily4
09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm not Molly, but I have seen it, and it's amazing. It's funny, romantic, and fun for everyone. I recommend it. :p

Thanks! I am always dreaming of a Disney trip and always planning in the back of my mind. This will be sorted in a box somewhere back there. I can't wait to do DL someday. What else is a do not miss, and different then WDW?

ItsmeSunnyV
09-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm opposite, I've never done WDW, so I'm not too sure what they have there that we don't have. lol

mollyeilis
09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
What else is a do not miss, and different then WDW?

CHecking in from my dad's in the bay area. Currently having a kid-free moment as my sibs watch the kiddo. Ah, it's nice to have young siblings. :)

I hear that DL's POTC is much better than WDW, which makes it a do not miss.

m4travels
09-12-2007, 05:45 PM
...I hear that DL's POTC is much better than WDW, which makes it a do not miss.

I love this ride at DL!!
Michael

Mandi
09-12-2007, 10:52 PM
DLR's POTC is better than WDW's for sure.

IMO you have to do Alice in Wonderland too since it's not at WDW. It's a super cute ride. :)

m4travels
09-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey, kids! Packing up my office desk and heading to the freeway! Have to pick up partner dude in downtown L.A. and then we're on our way! Either 45 minutes or 3 hours, depending on traffic! Gotta love L.A.!!!

Have a fun weekend, everybody! My SR pin will be seen in the park tomorrow!! Chat with y'all on Sunday!

Michael

Mandi
09-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Have fun, Michael! I'll miss you by a day. We arrive on Sunday. :)

mollyeilis
09-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Today's our second day, though ODDLY we missed all of yesterday at the parks, b/c of some bizarro time warp that had us take 10 hours to get from the Bay Area to the hotel (with only 3 shortish stops). :confused:

Used our first $10 in SR Disney Dollars, on a dole whip and a float.

My opinion? BLEAH. Or even stronger, YUCK.

Tasted like pineapple plastic.

But DH and DS liked them, and the pineapple juice was nice (I like p'apple juice), so it wasn't wasted (actually only 7.25 and we got the change back in cash of course), but I don't ever need another.

Since we missed yesterday and wanted to get to EE today, we haven't yet used the SR Disney GiftCards as intended, to upgrade ourselves to Annual Passports. Tomorrow, however, will see that done. :p

Mandi
09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Just got back yesterday. Don't think I saw you at all. :( It was much more crowded than usual! Especially yesterday. I couldn't believe the line for HMH in the morning. All the way around NOS and up the bridge. We were in it for a bit and then grabbed fast passes and rode other stuff. :)

How was PPH? I've been in DLH and GC but never PPH.

Oh and you didn't like the Dole Whips? :eek: How is that possible?! Those things are like icey joy in a cup. :rotfl:

mollyeilis
09-28-2007, 02:23 AM
We're finally home. Note to self...do all the other visiting first, and END with the Disney trip. Do NOT run the risk of others ruining the Disney fun for you afterwards!

I can't even type properly right now...

PPH was good, but we actually liked HoJo better. HJ = closer, the walk is more straight forward, we didn't feel scads of guilt for not swimming more often, and the price is far better. PPH was prettier and they were lovely to us, but the walk was AGES, went through all the "I want THAT" area for the wee boy, and it just wasn't worth the money to us...now, if we had the AP concierge rate, well then talk to me about the value, but for the price we paid (without concierge) HoJo was better.

Oh, and it was astonishing, the difference in the crowd levels, between the weekdays and the 22/23rd. If Sunday had been our first day, we would have started off on the WRONG foot. Gimme the week days!!!! Weekends are the pits!

ItsmeSunnyV
09-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Gimme the week days!!!! Weekends are the pits!

It's really bad huh?!? lol I avoid that place at all cost on the weekends. :p

DisneyMa
09-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Don't you know that the weekends are for shopping and swimming?!?!:p Then you go out to a nice long dinner and fireworks at the park.

mollyeilis
09-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh man, almost NO time was spent on swimming. We pretty much just "go go go", or rather, "went went went" the whole trip, could barely bring ourselves to go back for breaks. And when we did go back, I ended up going BACK to the park to spend time there by myself (or with my brother who visited from San Diego). Crazy.