PDA

View Full Version : DisneyQuest

schaery
06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Anybody been to DisneyQuest? We have a free morning before MNSSHP, and just trying to decide what we want to do.

kimntrent
06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
LOVE IT! It is so much fun. You will go on the pirates ride over and over. Go for it you will have a blast.

schaery
06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Saw where the tickets are $42 but found an "Official Disney" ticket retailer that had them for $30. Wonder how they can do that?

fourfoxesinpa
06-26-2009, 11:35 PM
We were just there earlier this week and had a good time. It was very, very crowded with a group of kids that, I'm guessing, were from a local day camp. Long lines for everything, not many open video games and no open seats for the animation lessons. If I would have paid full price, I think I would have been very frustrated. But, we've been there before and had the water parks and more option, so it was only $5 pp and we got our money's worth. We really like the pirates ride but I can pass on that jungle cruise - too much darn paddling and not much getting anywhere. :) The aladdin virtual reality game is fun but the helmets are too big on me and I always manage to get a headache. But, it's a fun place to kill some time. The "back in the day" video games are fun too.

funcouple6
06-27-2009, 12:25 AM
If you had the water parks and more tickets why did it cost 5.00 per person? I thought you could visit with the water parks and more add on for free

fourfoxesinpa
06-27-2009, 02:44 PM
If you had the water parks and more tickets why did it cost 5.00 per person? I thought you could visit with the water parks and more add on for free

Sorry - I meant we paid $50 pp to add on the Water Parks and More. It was a 10 day pass, so I figured it costs us $5 for each visit.

schaery
06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the insight. That certainly sounds like fun. I think I may leave that morning open before MNSSHP, but that will definitely be an option. Trying to do some new things this trip, and DQ is one thing we haven't done yet. May go back to F&W Fest depending on how crowded it was the day before.

We were just there earlier this week and had a good time. It was very, very crowded with a group of kids that, I'm guessing, were from a local day camp. Long lines for everything, not many open video games and no open seats for the animation lessons. If I would have paid full price, I think I would have been very frustrated. But, we've been there before and had the water parks and more option, so it was only $5 pp and we got our money's worth. We really like the pirates ride but I can pass on that jungle cruise - too much darn paddling and not much getting anywhere. :) The aladdin virtual reality game is fun but the helmets are too big on me and I always manage to get a headache. But, it's a fun place to kill some time. The "back in the day" video games are fun too.

speechteachri
08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
We just got back from Disney yesterday and we got the water parks and more option for the first time so we, of course, hd to check out Disney Quest!! WE got there at opening one day and were able to enjoy some of the activities, but it was very busy, and very loud! We did the cyber apace mountain thing twice when we first got there because there was no line. It was fun, but a little disappointing...I guess I was expecting too much. We did the jungle cruise...that was ok, and the Aladdin virtual reality thing, which none of us liked because the helmets just don't fit right...all of us thought this. I have a small head, but dh has a very large head, and even he complained about the helmets. DH and DD did the bumper cars Buzz thing, which they said was fun. I did not go because I didn't want to ride by myself, and because I had a headache, so I took pictures. The big pinball thing was fun...dd especially liked that because she won. We also played a couple of old video games...centipede and Galaga and pinball. I wanted to stay and play more of the old video games, but did not win that argument. The big hit of the day was the Pirates game. I was the captain and dd and dh were the gunners. We all enjoyed this, but it was the one we had to wait the longest for. We did not go into the animation area because it was too busy and we had a lunch ressie at Raiforest Cafe to get to.

All in all, we all had fun at Quest, but were not overly impressed. We would only go back if we got the Water Park and more option again on our tickets...which we might, because we LOVED the water parks (especially Typhoon Lagoon), but I would compare prices between adding the option and just buying a ticket into the water parks separately to see which came out cheaper.

It is nice to say I've been, but there are so many other things to do at Disney that we really enjoy that I would rather be doing.

JMHO:rolleyes:, for what it's worth.

fourfoxesinpa
08-27-2009, 09:53 AM
We just got back from Disney yesterday and we got the water parks and more option for the first time so we, of course, hd to check out Disney Quest!! WE got there at opening one day and were able to enjoy some of the activities, but it was very busy, and very loud! We did the cyber apace mountain thing twice when we first got there because there was no line. It was fun, but a little disappointing...I guess I was expecting too much. We did the jungle cruise...that was ok, and the Aladdin virtual reality thing, which none of us liked because the helmets just don't fit right...all of us thought this. I have a small head, but dh has a very large head, and even he complained about the helmets. DH and DD did the bumper cars Buzz thing, which they said was fun. I did not go because I didn't want to ride by myself, and because I had a headache, so I took pictures. The big pinball thing was fun...dd especially liked that because she won. We also played a couple of old video games...centipede and Galaga and pinball. I wanted to stay and play more of the old video games, but did not win that argument. The big hit of the day was the Pirates game. I was the captain and dd and dh were the gunners. We all enjoyed this, but it was the one we had to wait the longest for. We did not go into the animation area because it was too busy and we had a lunch ressie at Raiforest Cafe to get to.

All in all, we all had fun at Quest, but were not overly impressed. We would only go back if we got the Water Park and more option again on our tickets...which we might, because we LOVED the water parks (especially Typhoon Lagoon), but I would compare prices between adding the option and just buying a ticket into the water parks separately to see which came out cheaper.

It is nice to say I've been, but there are so many other things to do at Disney that we really enjoy that I would rather be doing.

JMHO:rolleyes:, for what it's worth.

I second everything you say. :D Fun with the water parks and more option but I'd be a little disappointed to pay full price at the door.