PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass HELP Please !!!

Lisaj68
09-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Okay....at some point here, I need to start thinking about a "plan of attack" for rides and an overall strategy.

I understand the concept of a fastpass. You get in line and get a pass that says sometime between the hours of x and x, you can come back to the ride and get into a special line to ride the ride.

I was also under the impression you can only have 1 at a time, but then I saw something someone had written that said "if you get a 2nd one within..."
and then my eyes glazed over!

Is there somewhere I can read about "fastpasses for dummies" or someone incredibly patient that could explain this?!?!?

Since we are going to be there over X-mas, I know the parks will be crazy crowded, and I want to make the most of our time!!

TIA!!
Lisa

ligrumpygirl
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I do not use FASTPASS much but I did a search:

you can only have one Fastpass at a time, with a few exceptions. One of those exceptions is that once your window of time has opened, (or 2 hours have passed since obtaining that Fastpass), you may then obtain a Fastpass for a second attraction.

SOOOO here is my take...you get a FASTPASS for SM and it says come back between 1pm-2pm - you can get a new one for Buzz Lightyear at 1:05pm.

Also if you go to EPCOT at 9am and get a FP for SOARIN and it is not until 2pm, you can get a new FP for Test Track at 11am. Then you will have two FP to use.

Does that make it easier?

Lisaj68
09-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Where did 11am come from? :confused:

ligrumpygirl
09-02-2007, 04:55 PM
<or 2 hours have passed since obtaining that Fastpass>

If you have to wait 4 hours for your first FP time, you can get another two hours later...so my 9 am and 11am were just example.

ligrumpygirl
09-02-2007, 04:56 PM
You may want to look up Tour Guide Mike. Since you are going over the holidays, his advice will be extremely important!

disneynut
10-08-2007, 12:08 PM
You may want to look up Tour Guide Mike. Since you are going over the holidays, his advice will be extremely important!

Ive seen people talking about TGM. Tell me a little about it. Is it really that good of information????

eaglesdare
10-08-2007, 12:45 PM
i used tgm for our april trip. loved it. i am signed up again, for my next april trip also.

yes it is worth the money.

because if that site, i had zero lines, well i think i did wait about 5 mintues for peter pan, but that was my own fault, as at that time we were just wandering around, not really using a plan.

but his way of doing things, also gives you the knowledge to use backup plans incase your orginal plan doesn't work or you had to change your first way.

i recommend using it. but if you do, use the disboards advertisment banner, i think you get a couple dollars off.

disneynut
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Cool thanks. One more question. After you pay and put in your info and all is it instant access to your plan. Will I have time to do it for our Nov. trip?

jnorth1007
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
It is instant access to all of the information. You will have to make your own plan but will have to read the articles to learn how to make the plan. There are sample touring plans on there but they don't just shoot out a touring plan for you. You have plenty of time to get your trip in order. I used TGM for this past trip and Brandon and I had a great time. I learned what worked the best and will use it again for our December trip with the kids. It will seem a little overwhelming at first (kinda like SR was) but once you read the info you will get it and it will make ALL the difference in the world. Brandon kept saying the whole time "Man last time we waited for this ride for 40 minutes and now we are walking on" All I could was laugh!

bs4free
10-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Just have to place another vote for TGM!!! Great site, you do have to do a little leg work and read, but all the information is very good and has helped me plan my trips!!!!

chipndale
10-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Just want to throw in my 2 cents about fastpasses. On our last trip, we had a fastpass for ToT and decided to go and see Beauty and the Beast. After the show, dd insisted she wanted a snack and believe it or not while in line for a quick snack we ran into friends. To make a long story short, we spent too much time catching up and missed the window for fastpass. We sent over anyway to try and get another one and a castmember said that you can always use an expired fastpass to get on a ride. We walked on to the ToT and had no problems. We used several other fastpasses that the window had passed and didn't have any problems.

linanglab
10-09-2007, 06:07 AM
We used FP for our July 4th week trip. That is one of the busiest times. Have to say we did not wait in long lines with it. I think the longest line we waited in was 10 minutes.

Have fun planning your trip!

IckyMickey
11-19-2007, 10:09 AM
... we spent too much time catching up and missed the window for fastpass. We sent over anyway to try and get another one and a castmember said that you can always use an expired fastpass to get on a ride...

I was just going to post about that too. You can use your fast pass ANYTIME after the given time. I loved that so we didn't have to run back across the park or hurry eating.

You do have to use it the same day though. We had a fast pass for the Little Mermaid show at MGM and it kept breaking down and finally closed. I asked if we could use it the next day and they said no. Oh well.

gpp2001
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
We were just at WDW last week and one word of advice I have for you - go to the park that had extra magic hours the night before!!! We were at MK on Wednesday and there was practically no one there - (a cast member later told us there were 20,000 people there - not a lot for MK) anyway - DH was at AK and said it was packed!! AK had extra magic hours that night!! We went to AK on Thursday and there was no one there!! We rode Everest like 6 times!!

Extra Magic hours are great but if you're not going to stay up late or would rather get a lot done in less time, go to the park the day after extra magic hours!

JMO!