PDA

View Full Version : Guide Books

m 'n c
09-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Which guide books do you all use and are a must have? Last year we used the Birnhaum book and it was nice and compact to carry in our backpacks. I don't think that much will be changing so I don't really see a need to buy a 2008 guide book from them.

But after reading all the raves about the Unofficial Guide to WDW I was wondering if I was missing out on something. Do I need this guide book. I will admit we did rush through some things last year and completely missed parts of Animal Kingdom and some of the shows their because we didn't plan enough there.

What do you all think?

jnorth1007
09-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I read Unofficial Guide and I joined TGM. Honestly, if you want to spend the $20 bucks do it with TGM. They both have the same information with regard to well known info but TGM also has a Least Crowded Parks Chart for each day that you are there. He does these charts himself and are supposed to be amazingly accurate. I would pay the $20 for these charts themselves LOL.

coastalgirl
09-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I agree with Janet. If you were going to do one or the other TGM is the way to go! We went by his least crowded park days and it was spot on. My guys rode RNR and TOT one day 6 times each before there was really a huge wait. And this was in May(the week before Memorial weekend)! After making a trip and doing it ALMOST his way, it was byfar the least stressed trip to Disney we have ever made. We also had Birnbaums and found that really helpful as far as letting the kids pick out where they wanted to eat, favorite rides and such!
Just my 2 cents!!!

Lydia

zoodoyle
09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm a big Unofficial Guide fan, but I have never checked out TGM - maybe I will this time!!

ligrumpygirl
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
TGM is amazing... I basically pay the money for that chart!

Hedy
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
I like Passporter, which I just bought for the first time. UG is good.

Alice28
09-09-2007, 09:44 PM
I will have to do TGM for our big trip next summer!

I LOVE the Passporter! My favorite~

Rhonda
09-19-2007, 02:55 AM
What is TGM?