PDA

View Full Version : Missing credits

mrskos
08-07-2009, 05:24 PM
I love using the site for making reservations at Hilton hotels but wonder why I always have to do a TROUBLE TICKET to get my credit. I do get them but it just seems to take extra time and effort. I thought they should be crediting automatically.

Hedy
08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Sometimes, stores are just plain funny about credits, depending on cookies, when you're running a scan. I've had to file trouble tickets occaisonally for places I've had no issues with for years.

jnorth1007
08-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I would also make sure that you are doing everything you can to make sure they credit automatically. In order to do that they have to have the beginning and ending cookies for your shopping click. Here are some of the things you can do:

Close out everything except the tab you are using to shop with.
Clear cookies before shopping
Don't spend a lot of time browsing. Browse first and find what you want and then close the browser. Clear cookies and go in and buy with you want. The shorter the time it takes the better the chances it will credit.
Don't use coupons or codes from other sites.
Make sure all of your setting are correct to assure cookies will be captured.
Make sure you are logged in when you start shopping.

There are so many little nuances that could cause a shopping credit not to credit automatically that it really is important to follow the rules above everytime. I have found that if you do these things then 90% of the time things will credit automatically. Hope this helps!!

m 'n c
08-07-2009, 09:07 PM
If you are only having trouble with Hilton and no other shopping credits it might be related to how they give SR credit for your stay. Most travel related shopping links hold your credit until after you complete you stay unless you paid in full and your travel is nonrefundable. Since there can be a huge gap in your stays they very well might lose the tracking and require a TT.

I know filling those TTs out is a PITA and no one likes them but sometimes that is just the way credits work.