PDA

View Full Version : Crap - Official Autioneers

OregonGirlie
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Darn it. So I tried a credit card offer. Official auctioneers. I used Paypal's virtual debit card thinking it would be safer. Well I tried their site out and it is just terrible - slow, hard to navigate. I obviously went to cancel. There is no phone number, just an online form. I filled that out - and never got a cancelation email. So I emailed them to cancel. Never heard back (all within my 1 day $5.95 trial period.

Today, my paypal is being cleaned out by them. $5.95 authorized charge went through - ok. Now there's a $6.01 charge went through by them AND a $39.95 pending charge going through! All unathorized. And I don't know how to freaking contact them since there is no phone number. :( I can't afford this. :(

How do I get my money back?

OregonGirlie
05-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Just to update, I am filing a dispute with paypal, but because it's a virtual debit card I have to snail mail in my form. :(

Does this mean I'm out the money if Paypal doesn't agree with me? I'm ok with the $5.95 they charged me - I authorized that. The $6.01 completed transaction I did not, and the pending $39.95 (which I hope does not complete) is not ok either.

And I can not get them to respond to my emails, which their site says my account is pending cancelation, when I try to re-cancel, but their fraudulent charges say otherwise.

:( I'm not so good at this I'm thinking...

SunshineGirl
05-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I think as long as you fill out the cancellation form and submit it in time (since that is their method for cancelling), you will be fine. I've never personally done that offer, but maybe someone who has will PM you. Credit card companies and paypal are good about taking the charges off when you have tried to cancel. It may take a little patience and persistence on your part, but you should be able to get it back.