PDA

View Full Version : Fav buildings at OKW and SSR??

zoodoyle
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Next week at this time we'll be having a blast at MK!!! :banana: This time it is just DH and I . We are doing a split stay at OKW and SSR. I tried my hardest not to go commando this time, to just plan to go with the flow. But now that it's a week away, I'm getting anxious and feel totally unprepared!!
Since we've never stayed at either of these resorts, I'd love to hear opinions on your favorite areas for rooms. We will have our own car so being close to the bus stops is not a priority. And I don't think we'll be doing much swimming either. Any thoughts on quiet rooms, maybe with a nice view?? Thanks! :D

ligrumpygirl
08-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Grandstand section of SSR...but for reasons that you don't need! First bus stop to the parks and back and a great quiet pool. There is a nice view of the golfcourse if you ask for it.

Can't help you on OKW...only been there once and not a huge fan.

zoodoyle
08-24-2009, 03:11 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Grandstand section of SSR...but for reasons that you don't need! First bus stop to the parks and back and a great quiet pool. There is a nice view of the golfcourse if you ask for it.

Can't help you on OKW...only been there once and not a huge fan.

I knew you would have an answer :D I'm not against staying places closer to bus stops/pools, just isn't required for once!! Thanks for the feedback!!

disney_girl
08-24-2009, 04:34 PM
At SSR, we generally like to stay at the Springs which is fairly close to the main building. Congress Park is relatively quiet and you can get a view of Downtown Disney. The fireworks at midnight are nice to see. We did not like the Carousel which was a good distance away from everything.

pbhall13
08-24-2009, 04:35 PM
At OKW I love the Turtle Pond Area (has a pool with a snack shack...for a quick lunch) It is very quiet and out of the way!

ligrumpygirl
08-24-2009, 04:53 PM
At SSR, we generally like to stay at the Springs which is fairly close to the main building. Congress Park is relatively quiet and you can get a view of Downtown Disney. The fireworks at midnight are nice to see. We did not like the Carousel which was a good distance away from everything.

TOTALLY agree with the Carousel and the Paddock, for that matter. Not a fan of those areas...I stayed at the Paddock the ONLY time I didn't make requests!

disney_girl
08-24-2009, 05:39 PM
TOTALLY agree with the Carousel and the Paddock, for that matter. Not a fan of those areas...I stayed at the Paddock the ONLY time I didn't make requests!

I couldn't remember the Paddock...but hated those. They tried to give us the Carousel last time and we chose to wait longer for a room in the Springs...totally worth the wait. We've only stayed in the Grand Stand once and it was ok...would have been better had we realized they had a drink station there sooner!