PDA

View Full Version : Disney Buys Marvel

SunshineGirl
08-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Very interesting!!

Wonder what this means for Islands of Adventure?

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN3143303120090831

PSL1013
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Wow, very interesting!

m 'n c
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm hoping in a few years we'll see some comic book heros in the Hollywood Studios. How fun would that be? I know Mike would get a huge kick out of it.

I knew another theme park had some comic book themed rides and such but for some reason thought it was 6 flags. Interesting that it is Universal. They might be renaming those rides very soon.

gpp2001
08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm hoping in a few years we'll see some comic book heros in the Hollywood Studios. How fun would that be? I know Mike would get a huge kick out of it.

I knew another theme park had some comic book themed rides and such but for some reason thought it was 6 flags. Interesting that it is Universal. They might be renaming those rides very soon.

Cate - Six Flags does have superhero themed rides - they are associated with DC Comics.

Karn

SunshineGirl
08-31-2009, 10:58 AM

I don't think it would be as simple as renaming. The whole themes are about the characters. If I remember correctly, there is a whole section of their very biggest rides that each one is completely about a Marvel character. Maybe Spiderman, the Hulk??? Supposedly the best rides in the park.

m 'n c
08-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Cate - Six Flags does have superhero themed rides - they are associated with DC Comics.

Karn

Ok. I don't know my comic book heroes and the company they belong with. I'm glad I was semi-right though. :)

m 'n c
08-31-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't think it would be as simple as renaming. The whole themes are about the characters. If I remember correctly, there is a whole section of their very biggest rides that each one is completely about a Marvel character. Maybe Spiderman, the Hulk??? Supposedly the best rides in the park.

Well then that makes it even more tricky. Seems like someone is going to have to give something as I just don't see Disney letting Universal keep names and likenesses of their characters in the Universal theme park. Maybe Universal will have to start paying Disney??

sammielynn
08-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Disney will just stick a big ol mouse head outside all those rides. Advertising at you place competitors , priceless.

wilsonfamily4
08-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Boy that is interesting. But I'm sur ethis was all talked about before they bought them. Wonder what they'll end up doing.

I am with Cate. My husband would love to see comic hereos more then disney characters. This could pull in a whole new set of people to Disney if they add some comic characters to Disney!

SunshineGirl
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Check out the videos at the bottom of the forum. Every one of them is about Disney buying Marvel!

fanofree
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Hasn't Disney been showing Marvel cartoons on their new channel aimed at male Tweens? DisX or something like that? I was also wondeing about the Universal rides. Can't wait to see how this turns out!