PDA

View Full Version : Other Disney Forums

cjnix32
09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok, Tricia...now where do I have to go for ALL my Disney info, since I am boycotting the DISboards!! Someone on facebook mentioned that they are a moderator for some other forum. Would love to find out what it was....Can't believe they banned you. Oh wait...hope I won't get banned for talking about banned members! :rotfl:

m 'n c
09-03-2009, 02:20 PM
You can just come here for all your Disney info. :) We can get that section flowing and have a cool board here.

It just won't help with referrals.

SunshineGirl
09-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Ok, Tricia...now where do I have to go for ALL my Disney info, since I am boycotting the DISboards!! Someone on facebook mentioned that they are a moderator for some other forum. Would love to find out what it was....Can't believe they banned you. Oh wait...hope I won't get banned for talking about banned members! :rotfl:

Sadly, they DO ban people for what they post on other forums. Seriously.

I like AllEars.Net for general info. All of the restaurant menus, reviews of stuff.

Just joined DisneyByTheNumbers under other members' suggestions.

I'm with you looking! We'll try to build up our section even more here, but there have to be some other places with good info who aren't so crabby.

faithhope
09-03-2009, 02:59 PM
WHAT! they banned you?!? let me know what you find out there... don't want to visit a place that is that lame as to ban you...

SunshineGirl
09-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I think that they must have just been waiting for me to say "Sunshine Rewards" because I almost always steer clear of it. Then one post about a week ago someone asked me for the names of rewards sites and I gave her a list, including SR at the end of it. Then bam! I was lifetime banned today.

I've participated in the cruise forum, the budget board, the rewards board and more for years. And 90% of that has had nothing to do with SR at all. Only when it actually mattered or someone specifically asked did I give them the name and never a link. No warnings from them about it before.

eaglesdare
09-03-2009, 03:46 PM
wdwmagic is a good site. they do have their moments though, but lots of good info there.

m 'n c
09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
WHAT! they banned you?!? let me know what you find out there... don't want to visit a place that is that lame as to ban you...

Yeah it is totally lame Faith! Looks like the SR army is mobilizing and starting to find new homes. Feel free to come check out the disney by the numbers one. I haven't been to WDW magic in a while so I might go visit there.

I still enjoy the WDWradio forums so I hang there a little.

bbangel
09-03-2009, 04:14 PM
MousePlanet is another one that has good park updates and an okay forum. I actually found them first and find they have people who really know Disneyland for those on the west coast.

Magical JenK
09-04-2009, 10:18 AM
A podcast I listen to has just started a really good forum on Disney too. BeOurGuestPodcast.com & then go to Forums.

PSL1013
09-04-2009, 10:58 AM
I think that they must have just been waiting for me to say "Sunshine Rewards" because I almost always steer clear of it. Then one post about a week ago someone asked me for the names of rewards sites and I gave her a list, including SR at the end of it. Then bam! I was lifetime banned today.

I've participated in the cruise forum, the budget board, the rewards board and more for years. And 90% of that has had nothing to do with SR at all. Only when it actually mattered or someone specifically asked did I give them the name and never a link. No warnings from them about it before.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this, makes you kind of afraid to post anything over there for fear that you will get your hand slapped or worse like in your case to get totally banned. Maybe we should all ban together and sic the SR Mafia on them? :rotfl: Is there a way to possibly make an appeal to someone in charge?

dawgsgirl
09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Tricia, you are in good company. LOTS of people have been banned from the DIS for no good reason. I rarely go there anymore just for this reason. Many of the "old" posters who were such a wealth of info are gone. The unoriginal dis troublemakers club is not exactly a family board, but a good place to keep up on the antics of the DIS. I used to love the place, but it has really gone down. I like wdwmagic too for keeping up with WDW happenings.

svwkirby
09-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I can think of two other good Disney sites that haven't been mentioned, Passporter and The Mouse For Less. Passporter has a board and The Mouse For Less has yahoo groups for both WDW and cruising (with an emphasis on DCL).

secretmoney
09-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Their loss Tricia, we appreciate you.

speechteachri
09-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Wow...I can't believe they banned you...that is crazy!!

schaery
09-05-2009, 11:58 PM
I mentioned SR once on DIS, not even as a referral or anything like that, and got screamed at by a moderator. EXCUUUUUUUSE me. I haven't been there too much since then. Two other fairly new sites are Walt Disney Boards and WDW Daily News. Folks there are really nice.

Who needs DISBoards anyway, Tricia? The only reason I go there now is for the Canon Camera Forum.

sunshinecindy
09-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I got banned there for answering a SR question one time. Who cares,they are just ignorant and their excessive banning just proves their ignorance. I go to mice chat. They even have Disney meets. I'm not a huge Disney fan anyway so it doesn't matter to me. Hey, looks like a good little site for someone around her to start.

MouseUnlimited
10-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I have been a member of WDWMagic since 2004 and love it. There are a lot of Cast Members on there who post inside information that's actually legit.

I made the mistake of putting our Mouse Unlimited site in my profile where it asks for "personal homepage". However, the guy that runs the site just kindly asked me to take the link down since the boards are sponsored by another Disney Travel Agency. I obliged and was never banned. They seem to be a bit more understanding.

I tried to start a forum on our site, but it's currently turned off. Got more spam posts than real ones. It just never took off and is hard to market unless you have a base of people to start with as members.

I do have a blog on our site: www.mouseunlimited.com/blog. I try to keep it up to date with Disney news, rumors and specials. If people want, I can try to come on here and post updates as well, as they apply. This is a nice forum!

-tom

SunshineGirl
10-08-2009, 07:18 PM
If people want, I can try to come on here and post updates as well, as they apply. This is a nice forum!

-tom

Why thank you! We like to think of ourselves as a pretty friendly bunch. :)

PSL1013
10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I have been a member of WDWMagic since 2004 and love it. There are a lot of Cast Members on there who post inside information that's actually legit.

I made the mistake of putting our Mouse Unlimited site in my profile where it asks for "personal homepage". However, the guy that runs the site just kindly asked me to take the link down since the boards are sponsored by another Disney Travel Agency. I obliged and was never banned. They seem to be a bit more understanding.

I tried to start a forum on our site, but it's currently turned off. Got more spam posts than real ones. It just never took off and is hard to market unless you have a base of people to start with as members.

I do have a blog on our site: www.mouseunlimited.com/blog. I try to keep it up to date with Disney news, rumors and specials. If people want, I can try to come on here and post updates as well, as they apply. This is a nice forum!

-tom

I would love to have you post updates or you could even just post your blog site link so that we could just click on it and read the updates. :)

m 'n c
10-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I vote for updates in the forum. We could get some good discussion flowing through here and learn some things from one another.

AlternateEgo
10-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Sunshine Rewards... the new place to come and get your Disney fix :)

We need more Disney smilies :mickey::minnie:

MouseUnlimited
10-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I vote for updates in the forum. We could get some good discussion flowing through here and learn some things from one another.

I'll add SR to my daily ritual then!

1) Find news
2) Post it on blog
3) Tweet
4) SR Forum!

I also maintain the WDW Building Permit log on WDWMagic, which helps me stay in the loop on new construction and upgrades happening at the World, which often go unannounced.

Sunshine Rewards... the new place to come and get your Disney fix :)

We need more Disney smilies :mickey::minnie:

Indeed! :clap:

m 'n c
10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
What is your twitter name? I'll try to follow you.

Magical JenK
10-08-2009, 11:29 PM
I like the idea of getting updates on the forum too!! I have a Twitter page, but I rarely use it...although, now I have an iPhone so I hope to update more since it's so easy to use...hopefully I'll update it for the SR meet!! Jen_Kvids is my user ID.

m 'n c
10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I like the idea of getting updates on the forum too!! I have a Twitter page, but I rarely use it...although, now I have an iPhone so I hope to update more since it's so easy to use...hopefully I'll update it for the SR meet!! Jen_Kvids is my user ID.

I'll add you. You'll start using it more with that iPhone trust me.

Magical JenK
10-08-2009, 11:55 PM
I'll add you. You'll start using it more with that iPhone trust me.

Do you have one? Don't you love it? :love: OMG, this thing is amazing!! If you do, I have a question re: Echofon app.

m 'n c
10-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Do you have one? Don't you love it? :love: OMG, this thing is amazing!! If you do, I have a question re: Echofon app.

No just a crackberry. I finally found a good twitter app to download for it. Very dangerous.

Magical JenK
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
No just a crackberry. I finally found a good twitter app to download for it. Very dangerous.

My brother was a die hard crackberry fan, had them for years. Then one day, his fell in the toilet :o & he decided to try the iPhone...he's now more than in love w/his iPhone too!

Someday, you too, may say no to the crack Cate! ;)

MouseUnlimited
10-09-2009, 09:14 PM
What is your twitter name? I'll try to follow you.

This is probably going to catch you off guard, but my twitter name is "mouseunlimited" ;)

www.twitter.com/mouseunlimited

Maybe I should add that to my sig....hmmm.

m 'n c
10-10-2009, 10:15 AM
My brother was a die hard crackberry fan, had them for years. Then one day, his fell in the toilet :o & he decided to try the iPhone...he's now more than in love w/his iPhone too!

Someday, you too, may say no to the crack Cate! ;)

I hate AT&T. If the iPhone was over at Verizon I'd probably pick one up eventually. That and lotus notes doesn't interface with the iPhone for work email so they keep us on the blackberries.

m 'n c
10-10-2009, 10:18 AM
This is probably going to catch you off guard, but my twitter name is "mouseunlimited" ;)

www.twitter.com/mouseunlimited

Maybe I should add that to my sig....hmmm.

ok I found you. :)

Anyone else I'm missing?? I just found Hedy yesterday when I found Jen.