PDA

View Full Version : I have the BEST DH in the whole world!!

Hannahsmom
09-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I LOVE my DH!!!!

I have been trying so hard to run a tight household budget for the last 4-5 months so we can go on vacation next week. I mean TIGHT. I have managed to save about $1000 dollars to take as spending money (with a lot of help from SR:sunshine: ) But I have been eating, sleeping and breathing saving money this summer, so you get the idea.

Well, this morning I have been getting things together to leave next Friday and I went to get my Disney GC's and a little cash I have saved in a cup in the cupboard. I pulled the cup out and found the cup was full of cash. I took the cash out and counted it $400+!!!! My wonderful DH has been secretly saving money himself. When I questioned him about the money, he said I wasn't the only one who has been saving and that he wanted to add to the "magic" too. And he thanked me for working so hard to give our family a great vacation.

*Sigh* Every now and then, he truly amazes me :love: :love: :love:

disney_girl
09-09-2007, 02:14 PM
What a great guy!! Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming story!!:heart:

BTW... ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!:sunshine:

ItsmeSunnyV
09-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Awww that is so cute....LOL Yup my husband just got "the look" and the "look at his ladies husband" speech. LOL :rotfl: That is very sweet. Congrats!

wilsonfamily4
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Well, I saw the title and was going to say no my husband is the best but seriously that is one heck of a husband you have. :) What a sweetie and what fun you guys are going to have!! Sometimes they just surprise us with how amazingly in tune they are.

bartleby1
09-09-2007, 03:30 PM
That is sooo sweet! I seriously have a tear in my eye from reading this!

He's definitely a keeper!

Have a great time on your trip!:sunshine:

Sunni
09-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Wow! What a great story!

I agree with Bartleby1..."He's a keeper!"

Have fun

coastalgirl
09-09-2007, 06:09 PM
How sweet! What a lovely story! Thanks for sharing!!!

Lydia

tommygirl79
09-09-2007, 09:40 PM
That is so incredibly sweet! *sigh*

It's so nice to hear someone who's in a relationship still so full of love. Sometimes DH and I truly feel like we're the only ones out there who still have a deep admiration for each other...

Have a great time and I guess I might see ya there! :)

m4travels
09-10-2007, 12:05 AM
He reminds me so much of me! KEEP HIM!!!!!

Michael

linanglab
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Great story! My DH did the same thing. He had been working a parttime job (making VERY little at a sporting good store. He mainly works there for discounts for our never ending kids sporting equipment). I never saw the money, so I just assumed he was spending it on the kids' cleats, football pants, mouth guards, baseball gloves, etc. When we got to the airport hotel the night before we took off, he handed my $1000. He had been saving as much as he could for the last year to help with our vacation. Needless to say, we did NOT watch what we spent on our last vacation. And needless to say, we did not sleep at all that night we were TOO excited!

Oh man....now I am REALLY wanting to go back.....

Angela