PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania for Wii

sammielynn
09-08-2009, 11:28 AM
September 15 Wii will release Toy Story Maina. I want it! No more fastpass race, or 100 minute waits!

SunshineGirl
09-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I agree! I need to order this now so that we can have ours ASAP.

SunshineGirl
09-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I should mention that Buy.com is the best deal that I have found. $5 off when you pre-order, plus free shipping and 2 pair of 3D glasses (which I think you need for some of the bonus features).

m 'n c
09-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks! I'm going to pass that along to Mike along with my SR link and see if maybe he can order it for my birthday.

wilsonfamily4
09-08-2009, 01:42 PM
I got mine through amazon.com, because I preordered I get it for the lowest price it was at so far, 38.99. great deal!

Can't wait, but I am putting it in the wii family present at Christmas!!! AAAAAAAA, I may have to break it out when tghe kids are at school to "make sure it works." :D

iluvamystery89
09-08-2009, 03:15 PM
i'd LOVE to have this, but i don't have a wii! anyone know where to find the best price on a wii?

~Kathie
09-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I got mine through amazon.com, because I preordered I get it for the lowest price it was at so far, 38.99. great deal!

I just checked Amazon and it's $44.99 for me. :confused:

I bought 2 from Buy.com. One Christmas present done!!! :D

m 'n c
09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
i'd LOVE to have this, but i don't have a wii! anyone know where to find the best price on a wii?

I don't think they vary in price. :( I have seen them instock at my local walmart but if you want SR credit I'd check out best buy (you can buy online and pick up in store) and then Gamestop (I believe they have instore pickup as well).

wilsonfamily4
09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I just checked Amazon and it's $44.99 for me. :confused:

Yeah, I check daily to see if it has gone down. It went back up about 2-3 weeks ago and hasn't dropped since then. I think from now until it is released it will stay the same or maybe even go up, not down though.

m 'n c
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Ok with all the talk of Christmas presents, maybe I'll just buy it myself to ensure we get it and at a good price and save it as an "us" gift for Christmas.

~Kathie
09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I check daily to see if it has gone down. It went back up about 2-3 weeks ago and hasn't dropped since then. I think from now until it is released it will stay the same or maybe even go up, not down though.

Well......that explains it. I thought you meant today!! :blush: :thanks:

~Kathie
09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Ok with all the talk of Christmas presents, maybe I'll just buy it myself to ensure we get it and at a good price and save it as an "us" gift for Christmas.

Good idea. I actually shop all year long for Christmas, although I can't pass up some of the Black Friday deals. I already know what I am getting for a couple of people, not I just have to find some deals.

I wish this was being released in October though so the credits would go towards the 4th quarter. :D

wilsonfamily4
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
I wish this was being released in October though so the credits would go towards the 4th quarter. :D

That would be nice, except I bought mine through amazon so I wouldn't get anything. But then I wouldn't have to wait as long to play it!!! Wish it came out in November! :)

I am really downsizing our Christmas this year. 3 present each. I already bought the kids their DS's when they were on sale for $89.00 at Target last month. So I feel like I am really doing good on presents. Just need to find Mario Kart and some DS games on a great sale and then some lego sales and I will be DONE.

m 'n c
09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
That would be nice, except I bought mine through amazon so I wouldn't get anything. But then I wouldn't have to wait as long to play it!!! Wish it came out in November! :)

I am really downsizing our Christmas this year. 3 present each. I already bought the kids their DS's when they were on sale for $89.00 at Target last month. So I feel like I am really doing good on presents. Just need to find Mario Kart and some DS games on a great sale and then some lego sales and I will be DONE.

Toys R Us should be having that buy 2 get 1 free deal in October/November which will help. I'm sure someone here will post about it. I have been seeing Mario Kart in the stores so if you can find a deal on it I'd grab it now. I remember how hard it was to find it last year.

We are cutting back this year as well. I'm trying to buy things as I see them or as they go on sale. I hope it helps.

zoodoyle
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Dell home has a deal on wii right now - $219.99 with free shipping (or so I believe). I'm actually planning on ordering this evening, so I'll stop back and post if it works!! :D

ETA - made my order, was actually $224.99 with free shipping. So now I get to order toy story mania too!!

askomsky
09-08-2009, 09:40 PM

I'm with you on the downsizing. I picked up the girls the flip "like" video recorders off of Dell for $40 a piece. A few DS/Wii games when TRU has their sale and doll or lego toy and i"m done. It helps somewhat the DS10 has it "all figured out".

m 'n c
09-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I just preordered. I couldn't take it any more and really really wanted the game.

m 'n c
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Yay! I received my shipping notice today from Buy.com. I went with budget shipping so I hope it won't take that much longer. Can't wait to see the credit show up in my account either. :)

disney_girl
09-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Yay! I received my shipping notice today from Buy.com. I went with budget shipping so I hope it won't take that much longer. Can't wait to see the credit show up in my account either. :)

Awesome! I just checked and ours shipped as well! Can't wait to get the game (and the credit)! We watched a preview of the game the other night and my son was really getting interested in it- it should be fun!:)

MdCaterer
09-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Please let us know if it is fun! Thanks

m 'n c
09-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Yippee! Credit is pending. Now I just need the game to get here ASAP.

fourfoxesinpa
09-16-2009, 11:59 AM
It's here, it's here. (also ordered from Buy.com and credit is pending :) ) I feel like a kid at Christmas! I have NO clue how to hook up the Wii (DS took it to a friend's and it's sitting beside the TV). I can't wait for him to get home from school so we can play! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

SunshineGirl
09-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Mine came today!! I can't wait until the kids ger home from school. And my inlaws (who are HUGE Disney fans) will be here as well. I have a feeling I know what we will all be doing tonight!

disney_girl
09-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Yay! We got ours yesterday and played last night! My son loved it and we all had fun playing!!:)

Alice28
09-18-2009, 03:30 PM
I ordered mine with Amazon- it was shipped 2 days ago- hope it comes soon!

PSL1013
09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
ok, we need some reviews on this game....I think I would like to get one for myself? :D

SunshineGirl
09-18-2009, 05:08 PM
ok, we need some reviews on this game....I think I would like to get one for myself? :D

My kids and my in-laws are currently playing and are having a blast. No one is really winning outright, which is saying a lot because DD8 is a huge game player and the others hardly ever play. Actually, DD6 won the last two mini games, I think.

In 4 player mode, it is alternating who goes against who in each mini game, which is kind of cool.

We're still working through the Story Mode, which I think is going to take awhile to figure out because it involves satisfying objectives and getting tickets and stuff. Once we satisfy the objectives, we can play the games in a free game mode.

Whew! I may have to have SunshineGuy write the review after he plays with them tonight.

~Kathie
09-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Yay! We got ours yesterday and played last night! My son loved it and we all had fun playing!!:)

That's good to know, Carla. I was hoping it would be age appropriate for my grandson Nicholas. What other Wii games do you have that your son really likes?

wilsonfamily4
09-19-2009, 11:59 AM
That's good to know, Carla. I was hoping it would be age appropriate for my grandson Nicholas. What other Wii games do you have that your son really likes?

Not sure how old your grandson is but my son is 5. He was really into Super Mario Galaxy and then after about 9 months of that he has switched to Lego Indiana Jones. He can do a lot on them but not everything. My daughter who is 7 can do anything these two games ask of her. She likes them also. She is not into the wii as much as my boy. O, and he also likes Outdoor Challenge. That game is great because it keeps them moving.

They are getting Mario Kart and Toy Story Mania for Chritsmas. They enjoy mario Kart at other houses and most people who have a wii have this game, it seems. This game is great for all ages.

~Kathie
09-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Not sure how old your grandson is but my son is 5. He was really into Super Mario Galaxy and then after about 9 months of that he has switched to Lego Indiana Jones. He can do a lot on them but not everything. My daughter who is 7 can do anything these two games ask of her. She likes them also. She is not into the wii as much as my boy. O, and he also likes Outdoor Challenge. That game is great because it keeps them moving.

They are getting Mario Kart and Toy Story Mania for Chritsmas. They enjoy mario Kart at other houses and most people who have a wii have this game, it seems. This game is great for all ages.

Nicholas is 4 and a half (the forum hates fractions :rotfl: ) so thanks for the info about your son and daughter. That's what I was looking for.

They have Xbox at home and Lego Indiana Jones for that. I'm trying to find games we can play together. He's good at everything this kid.....beats me shamlessly in golf, boxing and tennis. I'm the champ in bowling....but he's not far behind me.

I remember Tricia reviewed the Carnival one.....I'll have to go find the video.

Thanks!

disney_girl
09-19-2009, 12:56 PM

Kathie~ he isn't a big gamer for sure...after about half an hour, he'd rather run around and play. (good for me at least for now lol). Anyway... he likes the Lego Indiana Jones- and there is a #2 coming out soon. He has also just started playing Little Big Planet with his Dad and has really gotten into that as well. I think he would like the Carnival games that Tricia mentioned before- I need to look into that game. The Hasbro Family Game Night is fun too- it has games like connect 4 and a few others.

The Toy Story Mania game seems to be really fun for him though- lots of different games to play! And in order to go to the next game, they usually only have to get 2 of the objectives complete- so it isn't completely frustrating at their age. (We like it too :))

~Kathie
09-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Kathie~ he isn't a big gamer for sure...after about half an hour, he'd rather run around and play. (good for me at least for now lol). Anyway... he likes the Lego Indiana Jones- and there is a #2 coming out soon. He has also just started playing Little Big Planet with his Dad and has really gotten into that as well. I think he would like the Carnival games that Tricia mentioned before- I need to look into that game. The Hasbro Family Game Night is fun too- it has games like connect 4 and a few others.

The Toy Story Mania game seems to be really fun for him though- lots of different games to play! And in order to go to the next game, they usually only have to get 2 of the objectives complete- so it isn't completely frustrating at their age. (We like it too :))

I saw the Hasbro Family Games on Amazon but wanted to be sure it was age appropriate for him.

Unlike your son, Nicholas would play 24/7 if we let him. We have to limit his playing time and we want to do other things besides sit in the house.

I did buy Toy Story and my MIL bought him Monster Trucks. MT is too big for him but he's getting the hang of it. I figured one or 2 more games for now and we'll be good. I did review Tricia's video of Carnival Games and that one looks like one we all can play.

We bought my DD a Wii for her birthday, which she was thrilled with...think she will be getting a Wii Fit for Christmas and a couple of games.

Thanks everyone for the info.

disney_girl
09-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Kathie~ As for the Wii for your daughter...I have the Wii Fit and like it. They are releasing the Wii Fit Plus soon- if you have the Wii Fit, it's going to be $20 for the Plus and it will have additional exercises and games. If she wants more intense workouts, I recommend EA Sports Active. They are also going to release an add on for that one soon with additional exercises (there is always something extra to buy, huh? lol).

~Kathie
09-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Kathie~ As for the Wii for your daughter...I have the Wii Fit and like it. They are releasing the Wii Fit Plus soon- if you have the Wii Fit, it's going to be $20 for the Plus and it will have additional exercises and games. If she wants more intense workouts, I recommend EA Sports Active. They are also going to release an add on for that one soon with additional exercises (there is always something extra to buy, huh? lol).

No kidding. :(

I have the Wii Fit and my DD has used it. I think I will just start her off with the Wii Fit for Christmas and go from there. Her birthday is in March so I can always add on later. I'll have to look into the Plus and see if I need it for me. :D

I remember Catherine posted about the EA Sports Active coming out. Do you (or anyone for that matter) have that? If so.....how do you like it?

My grandson likes to do the Wii Fit also. You should see him concentrating to follow the directions. He's very good with the Yoga and the balance games. Some of the exercises he does better than I do. Pretty incredible for a 4 year old.

Thanks Carla.

gpp2001
09-20-2009, 10:22 AM

I have the Wii Fit and my DD has used it. I think I will just start her off with the Wii Fit for Christmas and go from there. Her birthday is in March so I can always add on later. I'll have to look into the Plus and see if I need it for me. :D

I remember Catherine posted about the EA Sports Active coming out. Do you (or anyone for that matter) have that? If so.....how do you like it?

My grandson likes to do the Wii Fit also. You should see him concentrating to follow the directions. He's very good with the Yoga and the balance games. Some of the exercises he does better than I do. Pretty incredible for a 4 year old.

Thanks Carla.

I have the EA Sports Active and really like it! There is a 30 day program that has you work out for two days and then rest one day - so you are working out for 20 of the 30 days. There are also other workouts you can do if you don't want to take a day off or do the 30 day program. You can make your own workout by putting different exercises together.

I finished one 30 day program at a medium intensity and now I am doing another with a high intensity and let me tell you - I sweat!! It incorporates both cardio and"weight Lifting"( you use an exercise band that comes with it).

HTH! Let me know if you have any questions.

Karn

mmm611
09-20-2009, 10:39 AM

Thanks Carla.

You might want to consider getting the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. They have a game only option and an option with the balance board. I saw that it's supposed to have all teh same stuff as Wii Fit, plus some more. If you got the one with the board, it looks like it would be the same price as a regular Wii Fit.