PDA

View Full Version : Slow Today

SunshineGirl
05-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm running late today on credits, emails, etc. DD6 had her "Kindy 500" at school this morning, plus it was teacher appreciation day and I am head room parent. Needless to say, it was CRAZY! But it was great. The kids rode tricycles in heats. DD actually won her first heat, despite being...ummm...."the opposite of athletic."

I have to say that there were two things that I liked the most:

1) When DD hit the wall and finished the race even though it was clear that she had no chance of winning after being passed. I was so proud of her because we have been working on the concept that winning isn't everything.

2) I loved knowing every child in the class. Because I work from home and can volunteer in the classroom each month, I know all of the kids. To be able to cheer for each of them by name felt so good. Especially for the kids who didn't have any family members there to cheer for them. They at least had me.

I'm going to scarf down lunch real quick and get yesterday's surveys imported. Someone must be getting a lot of credits for SOMETHING today because my little instant creditor has been going crazy while I have been gone.

wilsonfamily4
05-18-2007, 01:03 PM
I like having this forum so I know what is going on. I had been wondering if you were running slow and it is so fun to know why you were. So nice to be a SAHM (even a working one) isn't it. Being able to work around our kids schedules to be there is so wonderful. I feel blessed.

SunshineGirl
05-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I like having this forum so I know what is going on. I had been wondering if you were running slow and it is so fun to know why you were. So nice to be a SAHM (even a working one) isn't it. Being able to work around our kids schedules to be there is so wonderful. I feel blessed.

It's funny but I spent the first 6 years of my kids' lives working from home for a major corporation and I never felt like I had any flexibility because I took my job so seriously. All of my colleagues were taking kids to dance class in the middle of the day and attending conference cars while they were in the carpool lane. I was so driven to perfection that I was afraid not to be sitting on my computer 10 hours a day. Since I left last summer to run SR full-time, I FINALLY feel like I can take full advantage of working from home. (granted...I'm now on SR all day long...LOL!)

mom2dea
05-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I was wondering about you . So glad to hear you were just having a great morning out with your kids !

Sarah M

Soccer Princess
05-18-2007, 01:49 PM
How fun! :)