PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Cruise Ships

SunshineGirl
05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I had been hearing the rumors for a long time, but the DVC magazine just confirmed it!!! Two new DCL ships, one launching in 2011 and one in 2012. They are going to be even bigger than the Magic and the Wonder.

I immediately called DH and said "Guess what we are doing in 2011"? I am so excited. Can you imagine all of the destinations that they can have now?

:mickey: :minnie: :mickey: :minnie:

PSL1013
05-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I just received my magazine today too and was reading all about them, they sound like they will be so spectacular! :sunshine: We've gone on Princess twice but never a Disney cruise and would love to someday! :love:

Joni
05-18-2007, 04:34 PM
We would love to go on a Disney cruise...someday :)

Mandi
05-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Our 10 year anniversary is in 2011... now we have something to look forward to. :love:

mom2dea
05-18-2007, 10:37 PM
ohhhh ALLLLL my kids including the one baking will be atleast 3almost 4 in 2011 I guess I cna say that will be our new cruise date sence we have been wanting to try one . Oh can not wait !!!!!!!!!!

Now I want to know where my DVC magizine is though ....hmmmmm Time to call them .

Sarah M

m4travels
05-19-2007, 09:28 AM
There has been lots of speculation as to where these new ships are going, but as long as one ship is out here on the west coast there will be 2 VERY happy people (actually a lot more, but I'm just counting my partner and myself right now!) We're hitting our 3rd Disney cruise in December and as a former Princess Cruises employee I'm extremely pleased with DCL's operation.

Michael

3dog2kidmom
05-19-2007, 11:08 AM
There has been lots of speculation as to where these new ships are going, but as long as one ship is out here on the west coast there will be 2 VERY happy people (actually a lot more, but I'm just counting my partner and myself right now!) We're hitting our 3rd Disney cruise in December and as a former Princess Cruises employee I'm extremely pleased with DCL's operation.

Michael

I'll agree with you on DCL! We went on a 4-day in January and are saving for a 7-day Eastern Caribbean in 2009 (I don't think I can wait for the new ships!!). Maybe someday they will go to Alaska or Hawaii and we can do that for the next cruise!

I'd been on Carnival twice before and it doesn't even come close to comparing. I had wondered about Princess. DH said he doesn't see any reason to even consider another line.

OregonGirlie
05-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Woo-hoo! Our 10th anniversary is also in 2011! We're going wherever the new ships will take us. :)

DH's grandpa took us all on a Carnival ship in January. While Mexico was fun, Carnival is not a cruise ship I ever plan to sail on again. :(

I know Disney has gotta be better!

Soccer Princess
05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
We've only cruised on RCL, but we always see the Disney ships at ports. DH says we aren't cruising Disney until we have a little one, which I think we can manage by 2012! ;)

luvdisney
05-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Are the Disney cruises very expensive? My DH and I went on a cruise with NCL last year but Disney would be a good one with the kids but with 6 of us I don't know if we would be able to afford it.

m4travels
05-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Are the Disney cruises very expensive? My DH and I went on a cruise with NCL last year but Disney would be a good one with the kids but with 6 of us I don't know if we would be able to afford it.

That is always a tough question. Yes, they can be pricier than other cruise lines (I've cruised on Princess, HAL, NCL, and Disney). Each line has its own market niche. I loved Princess and HAL, enjoyed NCL (LOVED their free-style cruising), but fell head over heels for Disney. That being said we are only 2. ANY cruise line with a party of 6 is going to be pricey. What I have noticed about DCL is that the closer you get to the cruise date the prices seem to go UP not down, unlike some of the other lines.

If you signed up for the Vacations to Go offer (not sure if it's still out there) you can take a look at the Disney cruises and the discount that's listed on their website. Start doing some offers here :clap: and that will help defray some of the costs!