PDA

View Full Version : disney BOOK club question

mollyeilis
05-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm not asking about the credits yet, that would be jumping the gun a *bit*. :)

But I'm used to getting an email from places when I sign up, pretty much immediately, and I did NOT get one from the book club when I signed up a short bit ago.

Anyone else experience this? I'm actually really wanting to join this little club, but they aren't doing the autoreply thing and it's worrying me that something messed up.

For the record, YES I check my spam quite often, YES I had just cleared cookies and temp files about an hour before doing it, etc etc etc. :) BUt those question are more appropriate for if I were asking about credit through SR, and I'm just wondering if the DBClub "welcome" email takes awhile to get sent after joining. :sunshine2:

mollyeilis
05-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, I guess it went throught! Just got SR credit.

Still no confirmation email from the book club, and no total was given for what was going to be charged...so that's annoying, but at least I know it went through! :p

Anna
05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm not asking about the credits yet, that would be jumping the gun a *bit*. :)

But I'm used to getting an email from places when I sign up, pretty much immediately, and I did NOT get one from the book club when I signed up a short bit ago.

Anyone else experience this? I'm actually really wanting to join this little club, but they aren't doing the autoreply thing and it's worrying me that something messed up.

For the record, YES I check my spam quite often, YES I had just cleared cookies and temp files about an hour before doing it, etc etc etc. :) BUt those question are more appropriate for if I were asking about credit through SR, and I'm just wondering if the DBClub "welcome" email takes awhile to get sent after joining. :sunshine2:

I am having the same issue. I have yet to receive any sort of confirmation either. It is worrisome.:confused:

mom2dea
05-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't remember ever getting an e-mail conformation for this or the veggie tales book club . So don't worry to much as long as you get the credit from SR . Also I think it was either 8.98 or 11.98 1 of the clubs was one price the other the other price . Hope that helps .

Sarah

OregonGirlie
05-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Is everyone happy with the book club (those that have tried it before?)?

We've done scholastic offers in the past (through their website, not a rewards program), and they constantly charged my credit card, and wouldn't refund the money after I had sent back a box of books we didn't care for.

The kids would love the Disney books, but if we aren't happy, I want to be sure that I get money back after I send them back. It's been a few years since I've dealt with Scholastic, but I was not impressed last time I did.

Rissa

mom2dea
05-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Honest here ok ....

I ordered the veggie tales and Disney books . I wanted both and thought we would keep both if not for a while atleast the first package . Well then I opened the Disney books and I really thought the qulity was horiable . So I called to complain and got the BIGGEST run around on the face of the planet . Was told I could not refund then told I could but I had to pay for shipping then I got mad and got a shipping lable for one box but not the other so I had to talk to someone eles to get another shipping lable . I had to send them back and I kept VERY VERY good records of who I talked to and such . Finally I had to call early this month to make sure they credit my credit card they finally did that. But after all this I will NEVER agian do one of there offers agian . There customer services was horiable and the books bad bad quilety would not hold up to a 2,4 and 7 yr old .

Sarah

Mom2aPrincess
05-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Honest here ok ....

I ordered the veggie tales and Disney books . I wanted both and thought we would keep both if not for a while atleast the first package . Well then I opened the Disney books and I really thought the qulity was horiable . So I called to complain and got the BIGGEST run around on the face of the planet . Was told I could not refund then told I could but I had to pay for shipping then I got mad and got a shipping lable for one box but not the other so I had to talk to someone eles to get another shipping lable . I had to send them back and I kept VERY VERY good records of who I talked to and such . Finally I had to call early this month to make sure they credit my credit card they finally did that. But after all this I will NEVER agian do one of there offers agian . There customer services was horiable and the books bad bad quilety would not hold up to a 2,4 and 7 yr old .

Sarah

Hope I have better results than you. I signed up for my first one - the Disney book club - today. I'm willing to try them, but am somewhat concerned at your customer service responses....I am thinking we'll like the books and keep them as my daughter is in a stage where she's reading constantly, but I won't if I'm not satisfied with the quality....we're also introducing her to the public library this summer (and it's free :angel: )

mom2dea
05-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Lots of peopel had GREAT success with them . I was 1 in about 3-4 that had horiable luck with them . Some they credit back there card and let them keep the books . I really wanted the books and so did the kids but the binding was horiable on them :( They were cute though !

GOod luck and do let us know how it turns out !

Sarah

Anna
05-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I never received a confirmation nor any credit. Mine was ordered on the 18th. I don't even know if it went through or not. No total amount either...which is a bit scary.

:confused:

mollyeilis
05-24-2007, 09:55 PM
update...I did receive SR credit, but I haven't been charged yet for the book club. Odd.

Anna
05-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I just cleared my cookies and redid the Disney Book Club offer because I never received a confirmation nor a deduction on my cc. This time I actually got a confirmatin number on my order. It has been nearly an hour but I still have no credit. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

lrsellars
05-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Subscribing

kimkarli
08-18-2007, 10:44 PM
bumping........

mollyeilis
08-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Sorry I never posted again!

I actually have liked the books that we've received. We don't plan on keeping it after the 4th shipment, but we like what we've received.

I was a bit ticked at them for auto-charging the future shipments, as I don't remember choosing that option, and nothing was said about it in email or an early phone call, but the 16.96 didn't kill me and it would have been paid anyway, so now I just anticipate it.

We've had 2 shipments other than the first, and the third is on the way. So we're a month away from the end of it. :)

kimkarli
08-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Thank You!! I will probably sign up in the next few days!

mollyeilis
08-19-2007, 04:17 AM
And you are probably joining with Ratatoullie? That would have been fun to join with.

kimkarli
08-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Yes! That is a good one, we enjoyed it! DD is also waiting for it to come out on DVD.

Anna
08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Well, I guess it went throught! Just got SR credit.

Still no confirmation email from the book club, and no total was given for what was going to be charged...so that's annoying, but at least I know it went through! :p

Lucky you. I am still in the club but they never gave me credit and it has been 3 months. :computer:

kimkarli
08-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Oh.no! I really want to get the credit!

mollyeilis
08-19-2007, 01:07 PM
"Lucky you. I am still in the club but they never gave me credit and it has been 3 months. :computer: "

:(