PDA

View Full Version : POP Standard rooms gone for Marathon wknd

fourfoxesinpa
10-06-2009, 07:30 AM
It's going to be busy. The Pop has sold out of its standard rooms so we're at the AllStarMusic. Never been there, but how bad can it be for 4 nights? It's Disney.

They still have some preferred rooms at Pop.

I know there are still some who are working on plans for that weekend. I bet rooms are getting snapped up with the new 5/7 or 4/7 promo, so you might want to take a look.

Magical JenK
10-06-2009, 10:02 PM
There was some magic on my side today...I had Tom from Mouse Unlimited get me a quote last week & I just checked Disney.com today & there was a Standard room open for my dates!! CRAZY! After a few tries, Tom got me the ressie! Yay Tom! Must have been some cancellations today! Half-Marathon here I come!

fourfoxesinpa
10-06-2009, 11:46 PM
There was some magic on my side today...I had Tom from Mouse Unlimited get me a quote last week & I just checked Disney.com today & there was a Standard room open for my dates!! CRAZY! After a few tries, Tom got me the ressie! Yay Tom! Must have been some cancellations today! Half-Marathon here I come!

Lucky dog you! I just checked again and it's all preferred for Wed. through Sun. I wish I would have given Tom my credit card number last week when he gave me the quote instead of dilly-dallying all weekend. But, I'm sure ASMu will be more than fine - I'm actually kind of excited to check it out after reading about it on "that other site."

~Kathie
10-07-2009, 12:15 AM
It's going to be busy. The Pop has sold out of its standard rooms so we're at the AllStarMusic. Never been there, but how bad can it be for 4 nights? It's Disney.

They still have some preferred rooms at Pop.

I know there are still some who are working on plans for that weekend. I bet rooms are getting snapped up with the new 5/7 or 4/7 promo, so you might want to take a look.

We stayed at ASM several years ago when it first opened. It was us and the 2 kids. The rooms were very small. We were used to Dixie Landings and OKW so that was a big change for us.

We did like the food court and the pools. There were a LOT of kids. :rotfl:

fourfoxesinpa
10-07-2009, 07:25 AM
We stayed at ASM several years ago when it first opened. It was us and the 2 kids. The rooms were very small. We were used to Dixie Landings and OKW so that was a big change for us.

We did like the food court and the pools. There were a LOT of kids. :rotfl:

Thanks Kathie. We've been to the Pop so we have an idea of how, er um.....cozy...we'll be for a few days in the room. I would imagine it is a big change from the DL or OKW. :D Pools do look like loads of fun for the kids - although I'm thinking they won't be swimming much in January - between the temps and just the whirlwind of the long weekend, I don't anticipate much lounging time. Looks like they've recently renovated the rooms too, so that's nice. Looking forward to giving it a try and comparing it to the Pop.

Magical JenK
10-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Jamie- I just logged into Disney.com again & it's still coming up w/the Standards for me?? Keep trying!! I sent you a PM too.

fourfoxesinpa
10-07-2009, 11:01 AM
There it is...now I don't know what to do. Thanks Jen!

MouseUnlimited
10-08-2009, 10:52 AM
There it is...now I don't know what to do. Thanks Jen!

We can go through the hassle of booking a second one if a Standard Pop Room is available at that very minute, and then cancel your AS booking....

...or keep it simple and try out a new resort. It's going to be busy everywhere that weekend, so AS won't be any worse than Pop during that time.

And like you said, you'll just be crashing - and they all have the same beds :)

fourfoxesinpa
10-09-2009, 07:36 AM
We can go through the hassle of booking a second one if a Standard Pop Room is available at that very minute, and then cancel your AS booking....

...or keep it simple and try out a new resort. It's going to be busy everywhere that weekend, so AS won't be any worse than Pop during that time.

And like you said, you'll just be crashing - and they all have the same beds :)

Nah, Tom. We're good at the ASMu. We're looking forward to trying out another hotel and the kids will love the movie at the pool when we roll into town on Wednesday night. Thanks!

fourfoxesinpa
10-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Got a Disney Visa code today for 40% so I rebooked for the POR (wanted the POFQ but operator said it was booked even though waterview and standards were still showing on website). It only cost $20 more to switch from the AllStar. (Tom, I sent you an email. :D )