PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for Jan and Feb WDWers

MouseUnlimited
10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Splash Mountain is going down for its annual "nose powdering" from January 3 - February 27, 2010.

cglaura
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Well crudmuffins. :cry: I knew this was a chance scheduling a trip at that time, known for refurbs. Of course that is our traditional first and last ride of every trip, DD's fave.

Are they usually true to the estimated closed times? Maybe the briarpatch faeries will sprinkle some dust for an opening before Feb. 9th :p

MouseUnlimited
10-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Well crudmuffins. :cry: I knew this was a chance scheduling a trip at that time, known for refurbs. Of course that is our traditional first and last ride of every trip, DD's fave.

Are they usually true to the estimated closed times? Maybe the briarpatch faeries will sprinkle some dust for an opening before Feb. 9th :p

Once it's published, they usually hold true. We thought the same thing last year - hoping they'd push it back another day. No such luck.

The possible good news is that because this refurb is so long, they may reduce future annual downtimes, or skip to every other year. This is just speculation though. Splash's traditional annual check-up always starts the first full week in January :(

elohcin76
12-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Once it's published, they usually hold true. We thought the same thing last year - hoping they'd push it back another day. No such luck.

The possible good news is that because this refurb is so long, they may reduce future annual downtimes, or skip to every other year. This is just speculation though. Splash's traditional annual check-up always starts the first full week in January :(

I'm soooo hoping they won't be down during our Jan/Feb trip in 2011. It's my all time fav. but skipped a year, now we hit the "every other year" refurb time for Splash Mountain and it sucks!! :( Our vacation is usually smack in the middle of it, too. Hopefully even if it's going on during our next trip we'll just miss it for the first part (since we're going a bit later than we have the last few times).

Weluvdisny
12-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I just heard yesterday that Test Track will be down starting January 11th-18th so we have to scramble and change plans to get on it a few times before it closes for a week.

schaery
12-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I just heard yesterday that Test Track will be down starting January 11th-18th so we have to scramble and change plans to get on it a few times before it closes for a week.

Ah, this is the main reason EPCOT exists in my mind - my fave ride in the whole World. I'd definitely have to make some date changes if I had to miss Test Track. Hold your hands up in the air once around the track for me. Hope you have a great time.

fanofree
12-27-2009, 02:14 PM
During our trip last January - you would have had to pay me to get on SM - and I mean a significant amount of $$$$. It was freezing! Even by South Central PA standards, we were wearing winter coats.

Weluvdisny
01-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Ah, this is the main reason EPCOT exists in my mind - my fave ride in the whole World. I'd definitely have to make some date changes if I had to miss Test Track. Hold your hands up in the air once around the track for me. Hope you have a great time.

I might be holding my hands up with winter gloves on for ya!! I'm sure we'll have a good time no matter what the temperature. And I will only go on Kali if it's at least 70 degrees and I have a rain poncho on!:rotfl:

schaery
01-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Don't know the temp in Orlando today but it's pretty much sucking on the Gulf Coast. High is 40 and lows the next 5 nights in the 20's. When is this global warming thing supposed to happen? Well, it still wouldn't stop me from Test Track but Splash Mountain and Kali would be a definite no.