PDA

View Full Version : Paypal & linking checking account

cglaura
10-10-2009, 11:36 PM
This doesn't really have anything to do with SR, but I know alot of you use Paypal.

I set up to receive a payment through my paypal (not from SR) and I know you have to link your checking account to transfer the money.

That is wigging me out!

Any issues? Should I open a separate checking account just for paypal? My bank offers totally free checking so it wouldn't cost me any more.

Am I being too wiggy? :blush:

jnorth1007
10-11-2009, 12:39 AM
I would say if you can get a free checking account to go ahead and do it. I haven't ever had issues with my paypal being linked. That being said the peace of mind you will have from knowing that your primary account isn't linked will be worth it since it won't cost you for the account. Just my .02 for what they are worth.

faithhope
10-11-2009, 02:03 AM
I'd vote for a secondary account... it is what I did... I haven't had any problems with paypal... but it gives me peace of mind to know that the bank account linked to paypal isn't my main bill paying account.

askomsky
10-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I've had mine linkied to it for at least 6 yrs and haven't had any problems. It's MY main one, but not the house if that makes sense. I also opened a 2nd one with a 2nd checking acct through my bank that isn't a business acct for SR so paypal wouldn't take the fee's (which is a mute point now, but SR has worked to pay a different way I think)

For peace of mind I would go ahead and open a 2nd one if it's free.

mmm611
10-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I've had my Paypal linked to my main checking for years and never had a problem. I opened a second Paypal account that was non-business (not accepting credit cards) for SR cashouts and needed to use a second account for that. The ONLY reason I have two checking accounts at my bank is because the temp agency I was working for last year screwed up payroll one week and deposited, then TOOK money out of my account. I opened teh second one to protect myself from them because I didn't trust them after that.

If it gives you peace of mind and is free, go ahead and open the second account. Just leave a minimal balance in there (mine still has $1.00 and I haven't used it since going permanent in January.)

cglaura
10-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone! I think I'll go ahead and open a 2nd account.