PDA

View Full Version : Had to switch trip to Spring Break...crowds?

andrea2289
09-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Well we were going to go for a quick trip during Fall break but had to cancel. In a way thats good because I can earn more with SR but I am worried about those Spring Break crowds...

Has anyone been during this time? I wonder if it is as bad as summer...:eek:

SunshineGirl
09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
At least it won't be as hot as summer. So even if lines are comparable, it would be a lot easier to handle.

PSL1013
09-14-2007, 09:39 AM
It is alot more crowded than at other times, probably about the same as the summer crowds but if possible, stay away from Easter week...we went once during this time and it had massive crowds!

jnorth1007
09-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I would suggest that you put the $20 bucks out on TourGuideMike if you are going during a peak time like that. I have spoken to people who went during that time and used TGM and still didnt wait in lines. Start researching it now through his website and you should be A-Ok. BTW, I think Dis has a link at the top of the Parks thread to get a discount off of the $20 so I think it ends up being $17. I have seen people use his site/advice during Christmas week and have an enjoyable time and you dont get any busier than that. HTH!

andrea2289
09-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks Janet! We actually did use TGM the last time we went and it was great! I do highly recommend his advice! I'll definately use him again!!

We went for 6 days in May and it was beautiful. Using TGM we hardly waited in any lines. This will just be a short trip...3 days and we are only doing MK, AK and DTD. We used to go during Fall Break every year and it was like a ghost town, but now that the majority of the US has a Fall Break, it is a lot
more crowded (but still not as bad as Spring Break I'm sure)

Joni
09-14-2007, 10:26 AM
We're going on our Spring Break too, unfortunately, it's the week after Easter. From everything I've heard that's a terrible time. Is Tour Guide Mike really worth looking into?

linanglab
09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
We always go during the week of the 4th of July(that is when DH's plant shuts down). It is VERY busy. But following TGM, we did everything (well most) we wanted to. It was a relaxing trip. I cannot believe Spring Break time would be more crowded then that week of July. Use magic hours and TGM and don't let the people get on your nerves. You will be fine!

Have fun and earn LOTS of $$$$

Angela

andrea2289
09-14-2007, 11:09 AM
We're going on our Spring Break too, unfortunately, it's the week after Easter. From everything I've heard that's a terrible time. Is Tour Guide Mike really worth looking into?

YES!!

I felt the same way but after using TGM, I will never go again without it!
He has a chart for crowd levels for each park on each day and even explains why he makes those choices. As a TGM member you are 'sworn to secrecy' for obvious reasons, but I highly recommend spending the 20 bucks! Without those crowd level charts, you might be going on a red day (which is bad) and not even be aware of it!

The park I was most impressed with was the MK. We have been so many times (used to live 30 minutes away) and following his plan we had the most enjoyable relaxing day we've ever had. At first I though I would feel restricted following a schedule, but during the time he planned for a midday break we just kind-of did whatever we wanted. We never take the midday breaks lol but we do schedule days off to relax when we are spending more than or 4 days :p

Joni
09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I think I will look into it - I'm the planner of the family (when it comes to Disney) and they all laugh at me but it gives me my fix and we get to so much more this way :rotfl:

jnorth1007
09-14-2007, 12:53 PM
It is worth checking out. Worst case is that you don't like it at all and in that case he has a money back guarantee. Best case you get addicted to TGM also the way I am. While i spend more time on these boards I do all of my Disney research there and read the forums over there because they have ALOT of good info over there. Start now though because I have to admit the TGM website had ALOT of reading information to do. He teaches you how to make your own touring plans and make adjustments as needed. He doesnt just give you the order to do attractions. I personally think this is a better way because you tailor it to your family and know what to do if a ride shuts down at peak time. HTH!