PDA

View Full Version : The Nightmare Before Christmas

SunshineGirl
09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
My girls have really been wanting to see The Nightmare Before Christmas because they loved Corpse Bride. But we discovered that we could not rent it anywhere. I just got a notice from Disney that they are releasing is on October 19 at the theatre in 3D for just 3 weeks. Does anyone have any idea if this is going to be available in most major cities? I can't find if it is going to be in Indianapolis! And of course, we leave for Disney on the 19th and do not get back until the 27th. So we lose the first week completely. :(

jnorth1007
09-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Maybe you could take them to see it at the theater in Celebration while you are in Disney. It might be anice morning or evening break from the parks and Im sure they will probably be showing it.

Hedy
09-14-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't know if this'd help you, but I got it through my library.

SunshineGirl
09-14-2007, 10:11 AM

Really?!? I will definitely try that. We have a pretty big movie selection at our library. I owe Jillian a trip over there anyway since she is all caught up on all of the books that I have bought her.

coastalgirl
09-14-2007, 10:33 AM
If you can't find it Tricia, I will send you my copy for the girls to watch. I really don't mind. My kids never really liked it much!

Lydia

m4travels
09-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Now this is REAL sad.... When I read this I thought: Is that mylibrary.com or mylibrary.org?
What has the internet done to me????

Michael

cglaura
09-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, last year it was available in my town, and I'm in the middle of nowhere! So I think it should be available to you. Was it last year? If so, my guess it will be again. I checked the website (which is cool!), but couldn't find any locations?

http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/nightmare/

This is one of Ra's favorites, even still at 15! I'm sure the girls will love it if they did Corpse Bride. There are some spooky things, as long as they handle that well.

DisneyMa
09-14-2007, 11:02 AM
I LOVE Nightmare before Christmas!! I heard it was coming in 3-D and we have to go see it!! It has been DD7 favorite movie since she was 1!! We are dressing up as Nightmare characters for Halloween! If your kiddos liked the Corpse Bride, they will love Nightmare!!

Hedy
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Now this is REAL sad.... When I read this I thought: Is that mylibrary.com or mylibrary.org?
What has the internet done to me????

Michael

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

linanglab
09-14-2007, 11:10 AM
We have had NO desire to see that movie. Is it really good???? I never thought the previews looked good. But if you all REALLY like it, maybe I should rent it for the kids.

Angela

m 'n c
09-15-2007, 09:54 AM
have you checked out the used sections on amazon and half.com? I checked netflix for you but you can only rent it from them not buy it.

kimntrent
09-15-2007, 12:25 PM
We go see it every year. It is a Imax thing around here.

Kim

arob414
09-15-2007, 08:02 PM
We have had NO desire to see that movie. Is it really good???? I never thought the previews looked good. But if you all REALLY like it, maybe I should rent it for the kids.

Angela

We have never seen it, now I am thinking maybe my girls would like it. We, err, they are looking forward to Twitches 2. We love all the halloween Disney stuff. And, we always have to watch the one with Bette Midler. Freaked me out the first time we watched it, but Grace, who was 2, loved it. :pumpkin:

linanglab
09-18-2007, 01:19 PM
We have never seen it, now I am thinking maybe my girls would like it. We, err, they are looking forward to Twitches 2. We love all the halloween Disney stuff. And, we always have to watch the one with Bette Midler. Freaked me out the first time we watched it, but Grace, who was 2, loved it. :pumpkin:

Yeah. We get all Halloweenie over here too. I bought the Disney pumpkin carving set at Walmart this past weekend. Can't wait to carve all of my Winnie the Pooh characters! DD wants to do Eeyore....but I wanted to do Eeyore....I guess, being the mom, I ought to let her do Eeyore to show her that you can be mature when you do not get your way.......however......I still want Eeyore.....

I may rent The Nightmare Before Christmas. You never know. We may like it!

mollyeilis
09-30-2007, 09:16 PM
My girls have really been wanting to see The Nightmare Before Christmas because they loved Corpse Bride. But we discovered that we could not rent it anywhere.

netflix seems to have it for rent.

faithhope
09-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks for this post... I'm definitely going to find this in 3-d... my children (and I) love this movie...

This movie taught my kid to read as she really wanted to learn to sing the opening song... she learned from the text as we used to play the movie with the words on...(my mind is blanking on the official name of this feature)

My daughter can still sing the song perfectly all these years later...

Faith

Tiggerific711
10-06-2007, 01:32 PM
The 3D version will be in theaters for 3 weeks starting October 19th. I can't wait!