PDA

View Full Version : Disney Movie Club and My Kids

linanglab
09-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Just thought I would share something that I thought was funny.

I joined the DMC. I forgot to send in my mailing to let them know that I didn't want the monthly offer. Well, we get in the mail School House Rocks (remember those?) and Donald in MathMagic Land. My DS12 was looking through them and ran into the room with my DS10. He says "Austin!!!! Mom got us some new movies from the Disney Club. And they are EDUCATIONAL!!!! Why do you think she would do THAT?"

Now....I have the kids read, get them magazines that they enjoy to look through and learn things from. But I guess in their minds, Disney is to be ONLY fun related and should have no thinking involved.

Angela

SunshineGirl
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
LOL!!!! Maybe they will find that they actually enjoy the educational stuff as well. :rotfl:

jnorth1007
09-14-2007, 12:09 PM
I love Schoolhouse Rock LOL "Im just a Bill" very cool stuff "Conjunction Junction whats your function" now Ill never get that out of my head.

m4travels
09-14-2007, 12:12 PM
..."Conjunction Junction whats your function" now Ill never get that out of my head.
That's the EXACT one I've got running around in my head right now!
Michael

Joni
09-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I love Schoolhouse Rock LOL "Im just a Bill" very cool stuff "Conjunction Junction whats your function" now Ill never get that out of my head.

LOL I was just singing this to my daughter yesterday as we went over her homework on conjunctions! I need to get a copy of this!

linanglab
09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
I have not watched it yet. I am so excited about it. It will bring me back to Saturday mornings, cinnamon rolls (Mom always made those for us on Saturdays), and cuddling on the couch with not a care in the world!

My name is Will....I am a Bill....I live on Capitol Hill....ooooooooo....I cannot wait to watch it! I will wait until the kids get home from school so they can watch this "educational stuff" too! I will get ready for some preteen attitudey eye rolls.....

Angela

arob414
09-14-2007, 08:26 PM
My name is Will....I am a Bill....I live on Capitol Hill....ooooooooo....I cannot wait to watch it! Angela

This is the one I remember best. I loved these. DD9's teacher used School House Rocks, last year, in her class. She learned alot of the songs, hope she got the message, also.