PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

OhMari
10-14-2009, 08:54 PM
My dd, just informed me, she is going to Florida, for Spring Break with her roomates.
She wants me to find them tickets.
I have 2 days left on mine and 2 on my dh's.
Plus I have a 10 day, water parks and more, that I purchased this summer, before ticket prices increased. But, if she uses the 10 day pass, I have to give her money, to pay for the non-expiration, which is over $200. (that's why I am working my butt off earning a Disney card.)

Anyway, would it be possible if I gave her my card with 2 days on it?
How accurate are those finger scans.
She will probably only be at WDW 2 days, they plan on staying in a "timeshare that one of the parents own and is giving it to the girls".
They plan on doing Universal, and I'm sure they will spend more time over there. They can get a ticket for $125 and it includes the water park and both Island of Adventure and Universal Studios and the ticket can be used within the 7 days. I don't know why Disney tickets are so expensive.

So has any family accidently mixed up tickets and used each other's at WDW? I know Universal is very strict and you need to sign your card, and can be asked to show proof on ownership of ticket, but does WDW get real strict?

ligrumpygirl
10-14-2009, 10:04 PM
As far as I know, the ticket scans are pretty accurate. I am not sure I would risk it - they could take the tickets away so she can't use them and you lose them also.

OhMari
10-15-2009, 07:57 AM
As far as I know, the ticket scans are pretty accurate. I am not sure I would risk it - they could take the tickets away so she can't use them and you lose them also.

Good to know.
I know Universal is very strict with their tickets.
I'll probably give her the 10 day ticket, but I just don't want her coming home and telling me, "she forgot" to go to customer service and upgrade the ticket. Otherwise I may just give her my Disney gift card and tell her to buy a 2 day ticket when she is down there.

MdCaterer
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I would say to watch for deals. I do not think I would risk trying to get into the park on someone else's ticket. It is most expensive when you only stay for one or two days so if they wanted to skip Universal and do 4 days at WDW they would probably fair better with the ticket price.