PDA

View Full Version : disney GC cashouts?

pbhall13
10-18-2009, 12:53 AM
Tricia...

just curious.........say someone cashes out for a gift card, but it arrives just after they left for their vacation......if that someone has a family member get the mail and open the SR one with gift card, could the person just get the card # on back and use it that way at WDW (meaning not have card in hand, but have the right pin #?

You may not know this (not sure if you've encountered this before), but if anyone who reads this does please post.....

thanks, pamela

jnorth1007
10-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Here is a round about answer. I had two gift cards emailed to me by SR and I used them to put a deposit on a trip. Well then I cancelled the trip and wanted to use the gift card numbers for a different trip. I called the resort to see if I could apply the gift card numbers to my room since I had already paid for everything I just wanted to use them as my spending money. They would not let me do that. They said I couldn't apply the cards to my room until I had checked in and if I wanted to apply once I was checked in they would need the cards in hand to do it. I went round and round trying to find a way. I finally had to add money to one of the cards so that I could then use them to order my park tickets and then I used my park ticket money as spending money. So basically no place at Disney is going to accept the card numbers without have the cards in hand.

pbhall13
10-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks Janet...

that is what I was afraid of........I was hoping that if the card came while I was in disney I could call home and get the pin number to have them put it on my room as credit for me to use! Rats.....this thursday will be 6 weeks exactly....

Tricia (i know you are getting ready for your trip) but if you are getting ready to send mine I don't mind if you send me the email version.....

Okay now it is time for me to go pack!! Wednesday can't get here soon enough! so much to do so little time!

SunshineGirl
10-18-2009, 09:24 PM
If you cashed out before 9-24, your gift card was sent on Friday. Anything after that will be sent after I get back from vacation.

3dog2kidmom
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
If you cashed out before 9-24, your gift card was sent on Friday.

And thank you for that!! :D

pbhall13
10-18-2009, 10:03 PM
And thank you for that!! :D

I second that Tricia!!!!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that the mail runs as usual!!!!!!! Thanks for replying Tricia!

Pamela