PDA

View Full Version : What are Special Cashouts?

OregonGirlie
05-19-2007, 06:44 AM
What exactly is a special cash out? I've only been here a few days, so I have no idea how to cash out, let alone the 'deals' that seem to be run every now and then.

I've achieved over 100 credits thus far, so I'll be a supermember next quarter, but until then are non super members allowed to use special cash outs?

I'm guessing it's like you get a set gift card for a tiny bit cheaper than retail price? I don't know. How exactly do you do a special cash out? Is it like a hot item that posts at an unknown time and first come first served?

Rissa

SunshineGirl
05-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Special cashouts are essentially gift cards for less than face value. Like right now you can get a $100 GiftCertificates.com SuperCertificate (which is good at hundreds of places) for 96 credits.

Next week will be a Disney Gift Card special cashout. Without giving too much away (formal announcement will be Monday!!), it will go something like this:

A date will be given when the special cashout will occur. You will know how many credits it will take to get each gift card. The higher value gift card that you get, the more of a discount that you get. So you might save $1 on $25 cards, $2 on $50 cards, $4 on $100 cards. Normally, I run the special until I run out of cards. Because I won't run out of cards this time FOR SURE, I'll let everyone know how long the cashout will last. That way, you can keep trying to earn more credits up until the very last minute.

SuperMembers get special cashouts every day. They can always cash out 24 credits for a $25 gift card. Plus, I alternate in other things for them.

The Disney special cashout is always a madhouse because about 75% of the cashouts that we do are Disney. So about 75% of our members really gear up for these, and we haven't done one in awhile. :sunshine:

OregonGirlie
05-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Awesome, thanks!

I've been saving up for a $100 disney card. My goal is to have some of those to take with us this fall. Guess I know not to cash out just yet now if I can save a little something waiting until this week!

Off to find more offers to do, provided my computer doesn't funk out on my again with the cookies.

Thanks so much. I'm such an addict now! And DH is super happy with our new blockbuster subscription too LOL.

Rissa