PDA

View Full Version : Landry's at Yak & Yeti

jendon1997
09-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Tricia- just curious if you have heard if we can use Landry's-Rainforest Cafe gift cards at the Yak & Yeti restaurant that is going to open at AK. I tried looking at the site but couldn't find any info. I hope they do. Thanks!!

sunshinecindy
09-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I can't imagine any reason you couldn't. landrys is landrys, it doesn't have any exception on their gift card. If you visit the Landrys site, it will probably tell you.
It does show Downtown Disney and the Animal Kingdom, so theres no doubt it would be covered with the card since you can purchase the gift cards right there through that website.

SunshineGirl
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I still haven't heard a thing. When are you going? I would be happy to try it in October. LOL!

Hedy
09-16-2007, 05:13 PM
I still haven't heard a thing. When are you going? I would be happy to try it in October. LOL!

It opens 11/14, according to AllEars. :(

I'm wondering if it will be like RFC and only take Landy's cards, not WDW.

m 'n c
09-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Hmm any idea on what the menu will be like?

SunshineGirl
09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
It opens 1/17, according to AllEars. :(

Darn. Guess I'll just have to go back soon. LOL!

bs4free
09-16-2007, 07:18 PM
It opens 1/17, according to AllEars. :(

WOW that Yeti just keeps getting delayed! I would think that since its inside the park it would take WDW cards and Key to the world cards but thats just my guess! I saw them still buiding it and thought that the opening in 2007 looked like a joke! they have a lot of work to do!

Hedy
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
WOW that Yeti just keeps getting delayed! I would think that since its inside the park it would take WDW cards and Key to the world cards but thats just my guess! I saw them still buiding it and thought that the opening in 2007 looked like a joke! they have a lot of work to do!

It's actually 11/14 (oh, typos) but it keeps on getting pushed back.

bs4free
09-16-2007, 07:38 PM
It's actually 11/14 (oh, typos) but it keeps on getting pushed back.

Ok now that is not as bad! Mabey they are futher along on the inside, then they outside, but what do i know! All i could think of is Everest with sinage saying coming in 2005 and it did not open until 2006

Hedy
09-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Ok now that is not as bad! Mabey they are futher along on the inside, then they outside, but what do i know! All i could think of is Everest with sinage saying coming in 2005 and it did not open until 2006

Doesn't Landry's know this is effecting my planning for my December trip? Seriously.

bs4free
09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Doesn't Landry's know this is effecting my planning for my December trip? Seriously.

I guess not, I hope you get to YAK a Yetti during your trip!:angel:

BTW what is the icecream in your sig!

Hedy
09-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I guess not, I hope you get to YAK a Yetti during your trip!:angel:

BTW what is the icecream in your sig!

It's the Mickey Mouse Child's Cone from the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor. :)

Alice28
09-22-2007, 12:23 AM
I was wondering this same question. I'm hoping to earn a few Landry's gift cards for June 2008 trip, both for Yak n Yeti and that new Dinosaur restaurant opening up at DtD. :cooldance: And there is a "Build a Dino" store in the new Dinosaur restaurant, like Build a Bear. My kids would LOVE to spend mom's free money on those!

gpp2001
09-24-2007, 08:04 PM
I have info the Yak and Yeti will not be opening until after the 1st of the year.

Sorry to dash anyone's hopes of going. Just some info I heard!

m4travels
09-24-2007, 08:09 PM
I have info the Yak and Yeti will not be opening until after the 1st of the year.

Sorry to dash anyone's hopes of going. Just some info I heard!
Oh gosh, darn, golly gee. That wasn't what I wanted to hear! We were going to try for the first week in December. Guess we'll just have to wait until the next visit!
Michael

3dog2kidmom
09-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh gosh, darn, golly gee. That wasn't what I wanted to hear! We were going to try for the first week in December. Guess we'll just have to wait until the next visit!
Michael

And I was counting on your review to decide if we would try it in January!

BTW, Michael, how was your birthday trip to D'Land? Do you have a review posted here someplace?

m4travels
09-25-2007, 12:58 AM
And I was counting on your review to decide if we would try it in January!

BTW, Michael, how was your birthday trip to D'Land? Do you have a review posted here someplace?
Thanks for asking! We had a great time. I'm not the best at writing trip reports so I'll beg off on that one.

We did go to Napa Rose (at the Grand California) and had a wonderful meal, so much so that we're back there again in 2 weeks! Our second night we dined at The Vineyard Room (in California Adventure) and closed the restaurant. This is actually my favorite restaurant on the property, even surpassing Club 33.

I'm finding that most of my trips to D'land revolve around food. I know this goes off topic from Yak & Yeti, but if anyone is at DLR on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday this is a great restaurant to partake of (or "of which to partake" if you hate sentences ending in prepositions!). We have made great friends with the front of house, various waitstaff, and the executive chef (both past and current) that we just sit back and enjoy the whole experience. We have never had what I would describe as a bad experience here. We were going as often as 3 times a month for awhile, but then the credit card bills came due! We've calmed down a bit, but we always have a great time. (And now I can use SR Disney gift cards! Those CERTAINLY came in handy for those 2 nights!!!)

And, just so it's not all about food, we did get to the new Finding Nemo submarine ride. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't do the 3 - 4 hour wait, but since we were inside the park at 8:15 Saturday morning it was only a short 70 minute wait! We were smiling the whole way!

Back to Yak & Yeti! Here's hoping it opens soon!
Michael

3dog2kidmom
09-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Our second night we dined at The Vineyard Room (in California Adventure) and closed the restaurant. This is actually my favorite restaurant on the property, even surpassing Club 33.

I'm finding that most of my trips to D'land revolve around food. I know this goes off topic from Yak & Yeti, but if anyone is at DLR on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday this is a great restaurant to partake of (or "of which to partake" if you hate sentences ending in prepositions!). We have made great friends with the front of house, various waitstaff, and the executive chef (both past and current) that we just sit back and enjoy the whole experience. We have never had what I would describe as a bad experience here. We were going as often as 3 times a month for awhile, but then the credit card bills came due! We've calmed down a bit, but we always have a great time. (And now I can use SR Disney gift cards! Those CERTAINLY came in handy for those 2 nights!!!)

And, just so it's not all about food, we did get to the new Finding Nemo submarine ride. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't do the 3 - 4 hour wait, but since we were inside the park at 8:15 Saturday morning it was only a short 70 minute wait! We were smiling the whole way!

Back to Yak & Yeti! Here's hoping it opens soon!
Michael

Oh it sounds wonderful! I hope to get out there someday :)

And to keep on topic, I wonder if they'll let me make an ADR at Y&Y for January... will have to ask them next time I call to tinker with mine, LOL!