PDA

View Full Version : What are Gmail dots?

Momtoaprincess
09-16-2007, 05:52 PM
I have a gmail account and read somewhere about gmail dots. I *think* someone mentioned putting dots in your email addy but I don't have a clue why.TIA!

m 'n c
09-16-2007, 05:56 PM
with gmail you have a master account such as momtoaprincess@gmail.com then when you do offers you can do m.omtoaprincess@gmail.com or mo.mtoaprincess@gmail.com and so on so that it will be like a new email to the offer but will show up in your master email account. It helps with trying to get offers to credit on a second or third try.

Hedy
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
It reads as a separate e-mail address, but still goes to the same account.
For example

Momtoaprincess@gmail.com
M.omtoaprincess@gmail.com
Mo.mtoaprincess@gmail.com

All read as different e-mail addresses.

bs4free
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
this is a bug not a feature of gmail.

say your gmail addres is momtoaprincess@gmail.com now if you typed in m.omtoaprincess@gmail.com then google get the e-mail and delivers it to momtoaprincess@gmail.com because google can not read dots (.) before the @ so you and put in any combination of dots in your address to give you new address to help sort out who is sending you mail. Some more varations so you get the idea are
mo.mtoaprincess@gmail.com
mom.to.a.princess@gmail.com
momtoaprinces.s@gmail.com

I hope this has helped some!

bs4free
09-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Just have to say as we all typed almost the same message at the same time and used the same e-mail address as an example too Funny!!!

Momtoaprincess
09-16-2007, 06:01 PM
with gmail you have a master account such as momtoaprincess@gmail.com then when you do offers you can do m.omtoaprincess@gmail.com or mo.mtoaprincess@gmail.com and so on so that it will be like a new email to the offer but will show up in your master email account. It helps with trying to get offers to credit on a second or third try.

Cool!! Thank you!! I do have a master account with a long name. I will have to try that later with some offers that I can't seem to get to credit.

Momtoaprincess
09-16-2007, 06:03 PM
It reads as a separate e-mail address, but still goes to the same account.
For example

Momtoaprincess@gmail.com
M.omtoaprincess@gmail.com
Mo.mtoaprincess@gmail.com

All read as different e-mail addresses.

Thank you!! I do have a long email gmail name so I will start using the dots in different spots. I have been able to get things to credit from a company but when I do a different offer(same company) I don't get credited again. I will definitely try this later.

Momtoaprincess
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
this is a bug not a feature of gmail.

say your gmail addres is momtoaprincess@gmail.com now if you typed in m.omtoaprincess@gmail.com then google get the e-mail and delivers it to momtoaprincess@gmail.com because google can not read dots (.) before the @ so you and put in any combination of dots in your address to give you new address to help sort out who is sending you mail. Some more varations so you get the idea are
mo.mtoaprincess@gmail.com
mom.to.a.princess@gmail.com
momtoaprinces.s@gmail.com

I hope this has helped some!

Thank you!! It did! I never knew that google couldn't read dots. I learn something every day.:) I do have a long gmail addy so I will start placing them in different spots. I have seem to hit a brick wall with crediting lately so maybe this will help.

bs4free
09-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Thank you!! It did! I never knew that google couldn't read dots. I learn something every day.:) I do have a long gmail addy so I will start placing them in different spots. I have seem to hit a brick wall with crediting lately so maybe this will help.

Just one more idea if you plan on dotting, you might want to have a game plan so you dont redot with the same doted address if you know what i mean ie

m.omtoaprincess@
m.o.mtoaprincess@
m.om.toaprincess@

just so you need to know where you left off and know the next in the progression Just a tip I hope it helps!

Momtoaprincess
09-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Just one more idea if you plan on dotting, you might want to have a game plan so you dont redot with the same doted address if you know what i mean ie

m.omtoaprincess@
m.o.mtoaprincess@
m.om.toaprincess@

just so you need to know where you left off and know the next in the progression Just a tip I hope it helps!

That's a great idea! I definitely will do that. Thanks!!

bs4free
09-16-2007, 09:23 PM
your welcome, I know i had to come up with a system or i would forget LOL!

breyandra
10-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi! I've been reading about using dots in gmail addresses. I now understand it thanks to you all. What I'd like to know is if by doing this you can do offers over again and receive credit again for them? I am still very new here and appreciate your patience and your help. Have a great day!

m 'n c
10-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi! I've been reading about using dots in gmail addresses. I now understand it thanks to you all. What I'd like to know is if by doing this you can do offers over again and receive credit again for them? I am still very new here and appreciate your patience and your help. Have a great day!

Do you mean like a) redoing them if you never received credit in the first place or b) redoing them to get credited more than once for the same offer?

for a) if you never received credit on any site for this offer and you have done it once without luck here you may retry it and see if it credits. (you would only want to do this for freebie offers not paid trials as it will not work)

for b) this is a no-no and grounds for being removed from SR forever as well as forfeiting any earnings you have. The advertisers are very strict with this and will flag your account if you are completing offers more than once and receiving credit each time. They will personally request to SR to have your account deactivated.

breyandra
10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Do you mean like a) redoing them if you never received credit in the first place or b) redoing them to get credited more than once for the same offer?

for a) if you never received credit on any site for this offer and you have done it once without luck here you may retry it and see if it credits. (you would only want to do this for freebie offers not paid trials as it will not work)

for b) this is a no-no and grounds for being removed from SR forever as well as forfeiting any earnings you have. The advertisers are very strict with this and will flag your account if you are completing offers more than once and receiving credit each time. They will personally request to SR to have your account deactivated.

Ok! Thanks for your help. I was a little confused when I read one of the posts about redoing an offer and using a different email address. I'm glad you cleared everything up for me. I'm still new here and learning everything and wouldn't want to do anything to be removed from SR.

m 'n c
10-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Glad I could help. Most questions regarding redoing offers fall under a) above and not b). Its confusing at first but you will get the hang of it all very quickly and this message board helps a lot. I am still learning stuff and I've been a member for over a year now!