PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Help from all the SR Vets

MrsWonka
10-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Ok, so we are going to Disneyland for a week for Christmas. I am quite torn and thought I would come here, to the best people I can think of for advice. They have the Premium Seating w/dessert buffet for Fantasmic, which I was going to do for Christmas night, however, after reading a bit about it, I am seeing that it is not where I thought it was, but instead outside in front of Haunted Mansion. It is $59pp, and we would end up seated on folding chairs, and the buffett seems to just be served from a cart. I thought it was upstairs above one of the restaurants, inside, seated at tables... So my questions are: Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth it?

TIA...

bbangel
10-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I believe they now give you a box with all the desserts in it for each person. There are two rows of seating so you may end up behind people if you don't want to wait for the check in line to open up.

If you love Fantasmic and want to sit on chairs instead of standing it may be worth it to you. I am in the minority of people who could miss F! and be completely happy so to me I would rather have a nice meal somewhere instead. YMMV.

~Kathie
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Disneyland used to have the dessert party on the porch outside the Disney Gallery (about the entrance to Pirates)........is that's what you are thinking of?? They made the Gallery into the Dream Suite, so they don't do the dessert parties there anymore. The last time I did it was for the 50th.

I think where you sit in front of the HM depend on when you book........that was the way it always was at the gallery porch, but you could check with the CM when you book. I've never done that party but have seen it, that was a few years ago.

Hopefully someone else can add more detailed information.

MrsWonka
10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys. I talked to DH last night, and while he doesn't remember ever seeing Fantasmic, he isn't willing to pay $60 to sit in a folding seat. I have had great luck in previous visits just getting there early and staking out a spot on the ground in front of POTC...so I think that is what we will do this time as well. Now to figure out our special Christmas, Last Day in the Park event to do...I wish they would update the website already....

nicnik
10-27-2009, 04:00 PM
You can usually walk up about 15ish minutes before & get a standing spot just behind the light towers before the techs are on them & they get raised up into the sky. People think the light towers will be blocking their view so they tend to not stand there but once the towers are raised there's just a skinny little pole in the way which is actually easy to see around.