PDA

View Full Version : A New Thread?

Blessing and Miracle
09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Is it possible for one of the more experienced SR members to start a thread to include abbreviations and their meanings for us newbies. For example:

HTH----Hope That Helps!

For the life of me I had no idea as to what that meant and really didn't want to ask for fear of appearing unlearned.:rotfl: After one of the members told me what it meant, boy did I feel silly!:rotfl:

There are so many abbreviations used on the forum and I admit I am clueless. I'm sure some of the other new members are wondering what they mean as well. It really would be helpful!!

Thanks in advance

jnorth1007
09-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I will take care of that now.

m 'n c
09-16-2007, 10:08 PM
If I knew them off the top of my head I'd do it but I honestly can't think of the ones I use around here.

Blessing and Miracle
09-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks so much you guys are truly the greatest!:love:

sunshinecindy
09-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Is it possible for one of the more experienced SR members to start a thread to include abbreviations and their meanings for us newbies. For example:

HTH----Hope That Helps!

For the life of me I had no idea as to what that meant and really didn't want to ask for fear of appearing unlearned.:rotfl: After one of the members told me what it meant, boy did I feel silly!:rotfl:

There are so many abbreviations used on the forum and I admit I am clueless. I'm sure some of the other new members are wondering what they mean as well. It really would be helpful!!

Thanks in advance

Ya, all that Disney crap they abbreviate, I don't have a clue. LOL

linanglab
09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't feel "unlearned". It took my FOREVER to figure out what LOL meant. I still do not know a lot of them. I will have to look at that thread to.

Angela

spring
09-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Great idea for a new thread. I confess that a lot of those abbreviations are over my head. I just guess at the meanings or ignore them. This is my first forum I've ever joined, so I suppose I have a lot to learn.

HTH:rotfl:

Blessing and Miracle
09-17-2007, 09:59 PM
I know! I'm learning more than I thought I would and it seems that a lot of others are also!:rotfl: