PDA

View Full Version : Using Your Credit Card for Offers

SunshineGirl
05-01-2007, 01:31 PM
It has come to my attention through various ways that some of the people who are using their credits cards to complete offers are having fraudulent charges show up on their credit cards.

So far, I cannot find any kind of pattern. The members have reported signing up for different offers, and none of the members can find any spyware on their computers. Often the fraudulent transactions that show up are for signups to the same offers that you find on the rewards programs (Blockbuster, Scholastic, Perfume.com, etc.).

Please continue to let me know if your credit card is used in any way and I will keep an eye on which offers everyone is signing up for and which advertisers they are going through. When you submit trouble tickets to me for shopping and offer disputes, do NOT include credit card information in those emails. There is no reason that any rewards program owner would need your payment information from you.

Keep yourself safe by 1) keeping an eye on your credit cards for anything that looks amiss, 2) scouring your computer for spyware and adware frequently, and 3) declining to proceed with any offers that ask you to download something unless it is an extremely reputable company.